RE: Are we True in Faith?

  • F. Popal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2004
      According to Iqbal, �Iman is not merely a passive belief in one or more
      propositions of a certain kind, it is a living assurance begotten of a rare
      experience... The truth is that all search of knowledge is essentially a
      form of prayer�

      As the individual enters the hurly-burly of the world, and he encounters the
      contradictions of the society, his �world view� is subject to incessant
      battering. He cannot but become a partisan in the ideological struggle that
      is raging to win the hearts and minds of the people. He has to face the
      inevitable question: must he worship the old gods? As the Qur�aan puts it:

      �They said: O suhaib, does thy (religion of) prayer command thee that we
      leave off the worship which our forefathers practiced or that we leave off
      doing what we like (to do) with our property? Truly, thou art the one that
      forbeareth with faults and is right-minded.� (XI,8)

      Any thoughtful person has to face this dilemma once in his life. The hard
      and stark reality forces him to carve the new path, answering the challenges
      posed by life.

      It is high time that the Muslim Ummah, in the words of Iqbal, �embark upon
      the search for a new order (aain-I-nou) with a fresh mind and a pure heart.�
      Too long have we been stuck in rituals, traditions and conformism. The 21st
      century stares us in our face with new challenges. Only new, fresh, creative
      thinking can help us in giving befitting response. Islam stands for new,
      fresh, creative thinking i.e. ijtihad, which, according to Dr. Hamind Ullah,
      one of the great Islamic scholars, is the right and duty of every Muslim

      >From: kafayatullah qari <qari_k_wardak2000@...>
      >To: pakhtu@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [pakhtu] Are we True in Faith?
      >Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:20:22 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:10:35 -0700
      >Subject: Are we True in Faith?
      >---------------------------------
      >In the Name of Almighty Allah
      >Most Beneficent, Most Merciful
      >
      >Assalamualaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu
      >

      >Al Hamdu Lillaahi Rabbil 'Aalameen was Salaatu was
      >Salaamu 'alaa Ashrafil Anbiyaa'e wal Mursaleen
      >

      >Wa Ba'd:
      >

      >Regardless of whichever country a Muslim may reside in, or whichever
      >country a
      >Muslim may have emigrated to, the most important resource to enable him or
      >her
      >to bring Islam to mankind in adverse circumstances is Imaan and complete
      >faith and
      >trust in none other but Almighty Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala. Neither power
      >nor all
      >the wealth in the Doonya can avail if Imaan is missing. With Imaan, despair
      >and
      >frustration cannot exist. May I therefore draw your attention to the early
      >era of Islam
      >to prove to all of you how true that is.
      >
      >Our Beloved Nabee Sallallahoo Alayhi
      >Wasallam's encounter with the pagan Quraish of Makkah, the Romans and the
      >Persians was, materially, very unequal, but despite such an enormous
      >setback
      >the Muslims possessed something that their opponents did not have: the
      >wealth
      >of Imaan and faith. As a direct result of their Imaan and faith in Almighty
      >Allah
      >Subhanahu Wata'ala all the false gods of worldly wealth and power crumbled.
      >They set out to rescue humanity from the darkness of ignorance,
      >superstition,
      >servility and to all the many pagan gods, and Alhumdulillah our Beloved
      >Nabee
      >Sallallahoo Alayhi Wasallam did just that.
      >
      >These simple illiterate Bedouins who embraced and responded to the Divine
      >Call
      >were soon the leaders of the world. I now ask you all very sincerely, can
      >the same
      >thing happen today? It most certainly can if only we who profess to be true
      >Muslims
      >have faith in our mission. That mission, my dear brothers and sisters, is
      >eminently
      >portrayed in the words of our Beloved Nabee Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam, at
      >the
      >Battle of Badr when he turned to Almighty Allah Rabbul Ala'meen Most
      >Exalted and
      >Merciful and said:
      >
      > "O Almighty Allah!
      > If these handful of men are
      >killed today, Thou shall not be worshipped
      > on this Doonya till the Day of Judgement."

> [...]

      Find love today with ninemsn personals. Click here:
      http://ninemsn.match.com?referrer=hotmailtagline