Re: [pakhtu] What do you think about the pace of rebuilding in Afghanistan?

  • Mo Bettr
    Message 1 of 148 , Jun 30, 2004
      Ali, if you support elected caliphs, and seek approval through the democratic process in various Muslim nations, then I have no problem with that. But that is not what al Qaeda/OBL/Zarqawi are doing. They are starting civil wars in states that have governments they do not agree with. They attack the Muslim population in Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi, Pakistan and Morocco.

      You mentioned the Islamic history. History can be a useful window to show how to manage the future, but it can never simply be imitated. Having Muslims look back to "the good old days" of caliphs when these caliphs also had more power is alot like Christians seeking to restore "the holy Roman empire." These ideas do not fit today's world. The world today is based on nation-states but will soon be moving toward regional cooperation. Instead of a caliph system, why not have an Islamic version of NATO? Muslim nations already participate in groups like the Arab League and OPEC, so why not create a framework of political, economic, defense-related and moral principles that these nations will coordinate together to promote? Here you may answer that as long as the nations have different leaders they can be divided; true, but the same is also true of America, UK, Germany, Russia and France.

      But for this to work Muslim nations must have leaders that their people will respect and can trust; leaders that think of their people first, because otherwise the people can throw them out of office. In other words, Muslim nations must have democracies. The caliph system worked during its time. But nothing in the Islamic texts says that it must always be that way. Today democracy will do more to serve the needs of Muslims everywhere.
    • yas pathan
      Message 148 of 148 , Aug 9, 2004
        Thanks Mo Bettr
        I replied to a very similar message when I initially joined this group. This may be from a different person but most of the content looked familiar.

        YAs

        Mo Bettr <mo_bettr@...> wrote:
        Yas, I really do not remember. I guess I am getting older and with age, the memory gets alot worse. :-)

        yas pathan
        wrote:
        dear all

        Are the statement below not from an earlier post?? If so why are they being resent?

        YAS
        hamid habibi wrote:
        Dear All,
        Being a Pashtun I am sorry to disagree with you with some of your points. Saying that most of the pashtuns in Afghanistan support Talibans is not true. And saying that the Taliban's interpretation of Islam was or is the best model is not true as well. (Pashtuns are now well aware of Pakistan’s ISI’s hypocracy to great deal now.) I think using the sacred name of Islam they (Taliban and Paksitan’s ISI) put Afghanistan in the dark era and ultimately had given Afghanistan in the hand of the West. It was not an Islamic movement but a movement created by hypocrates (Pakistani ISI) using the sacred name of Islam and the innocent Afghans. I feel sorry for the souls of those thousands of innocent Afghan Hafiz Qurans who lost their lives in this game of ISI hypocrates behind the curtains. These hypocrates (Pakistanin ISI) have always used Afghans and when it comes to protect their interest; they in two days accept all demands and allow Americans to use their airways to finish their own created
        and supported Taliban's regime. When asked why they did so? Their simple answer was " well, in Islam their is always HIKMATH, to protect our
        interest the best HIKMATH was to allow americans to use our land otherwise we could been in the list".(Pakistan’s President Musharaf when he was asked by the journalists for why he helped Americans attack Afghanistan) These hypocrates (Pakistani Govt. and ISI) in the same way tell the poor Kashmiris to do Jihad. For many years the Kashmiris their houses are destroyed, their ladies being raped, but these hypocrates give them only moral support. They tell Kashmiris you fight, you sacrifice, and in the end we will be waiting for you to become our part - after all you are our muslim brothers". They are doing their funfairs in Islamabad while waiting for Kashmiris to fight for them about losing everything in Jamu and Kashmir.
        They are now sending Talibans again and supporting them to burn schools, explode bombs and killing poor innocent civilians but these ignorant Talibans never think like why they had to adjust their loans and get favours to let their govt. be finished. Why don't they first start their movement from where they are supported? aren't there girls schools, aren't there western influence, aren't there russian girls sold for sex, aren't there cinema halls showing sexy movies, aren't there alcohol easy available, isn't there direct american influence there in Pakistan........................No but it is only Afghanistan and the Pashtuns to suffer by using them with the name of Islam. Islam is in the blood of Pashtuns - a true pashtun is a true muslim. But unfortunatly we are still badly used by the hypocrates (Pakistani ISI) who tell us they are our muslim brothers but has given us much of suffers. May Allah Subhana wa Tahla give all the Pashtuns the wisdom so that they must also know their
        INTERESTS and HIKMATS. (AMIN)

        Hamid

        Messages distributed through this forum are the senders individual point of view, and are NOT the agenda or the ideology of World Pukhtoon Foundation.
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Messages distributed through this forum are the senders individual point of view, and are NOT the agenda or the ideology of World Pukhtoon Foundation.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Messages distributed through this forum are the senders individual point of view, and are NOT the agenda or the ideology of World Pukhtoon Foundation.
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        ar