Re: Pashtun Gay Culture.Please stop it

  • malatarkhan
    Message 1 of 22 , May 1, 2004
      Salamoona!

      This change in surnames among Pashtoons in Afghanistan is most
      probably a Persian/Tajik influence.
      (compare "Rafsanjani", Ayatollah Al-Sistani etc. etc.)

      --- In pakhtu@yahoogroups.com, Ayub Khan <afghan41@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Brothers,
      >
      > It is strange that Pushtoon in Afghanistan carry a stange suffix to
      their names, sometimes very confusing such this Ahmadi. Here on this
      side of the durand line we are very clear about our identity. For
      instance we use Afridi, Shinwari, Bangash, Achakzai, Kakar etc to
      identify ourselves and affilation. Back in Aghanistan they would use
      popal rather than Popalizai, Achak rather than Achazai etc. It means
      they want their indvidual identity rather than their family or clan
      affliliation, which in no way a Pushtoon culture.

      > We dont have any objection to such a culture, however, we do
      request not to further distart this poor Pushtoon identity and use
      proper name and affiliation.

      > Gay culture has been discussed to much and probably we somehow
      cross the bearier of dececy in some places. Ok lets dont not make it
      that much imporant, and concentrate on something more crucial such as
      how to bring unity and cohesion to this war torn country.

      > Mohammad Ayub Khan
    • Hameed
      Message 2 of 22 , May 1, 2004
        Why this useless topic? are Nothing to discuss?
        Hameed
        Message 3 of 22 , May 1, 2004
          "Insaniat sa pa Dawlat na dy Rahmana,
          Boot de saru zaru ka jur kary Insan nady"