Re: [pakhtu] Re: Homepage

  • N.R.Liwal
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 1, 2000
      Dear All;

      IPA, should be pure social and non-political
      organization in order to do something, IPA, should be
      based on Pashtunwali not anything else and anyone
      claim to be Pashtun or helper of Pashtun should be
      allowed to join.

      I hope nobody will oppose me.

      Liwal

      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 1, 2000
        Dictionary?????????????/ Dictionary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and
        Dictionary....................... we want Dictionary...@ CD @pocket size
        and @ Large size........................
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 1, 2000
          Zahid Ayuba and Mario wrono,salamona,

          I am sorry, i made those comments about the map before
          I had seen your explanations. Though, we won't like to
          discuss it any more but, hope you won't mind me adding
          one last comment... it's a fact, once the page gets
          it's popularity among Pashtuns on the net, it will be
          a matter of concern to every one and you will get one
          hundred messages about the map every day. I think it
          will be hard to tell every one what it really means to
          IPA.........So, why not leave the policitcal map of
          Afghanistan/pashtoonkhwa without adding colors to it??

          Ok, with sorry, I have done the "good" thing as well,
          a bit late. I mean, I just sent you my dues which, I
          had promised. Hope you will receive it soon..

          Staso wrore

          Ibrahim

          --- Zahid Ayub <ayub1@...> wrot

          http://invites.yahoo.com/
        • Mario.I.Fischer
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 1, 2000
            Grana Ibrahim Khana,

            thank you. We try to keep the homepage as simple (but good) as possible. On
            most of the pages there is just one picture, so that you have not to wait
            ages to see the page.

            For the map: I know that there are some areas left (for example Kunduz
            province), but it was the only map I had. Some claimed to make whole
            Afghanistan and Baluchistan green and call it Pashtun. There are two reasons
            not to do it: First this area must be then called Afghan and not Pashtun.
            When I was the first time in Pakistan I was always a little bit confused,
            when I asked Pashtuns or Baluch who they are. They always said "Afghan".
            Afghan is a cultural term, Pashtun a national. The baluch are proud to be
            called Afghan, but if they have the choice to be called Pashtun or Baluch,
            then they certainly prefer to be called Baluch. Please let us not mix
            culture with nationalism, and not to create rifts between the Afghans. A
            second reason is that we would harm our self. We are a cultural organisation
            and not a political.
            Alas many have tried to destroy the unity between the different nations in
            Afghanistan, as well as Pakistan. But without cooperation no development is
            possible. In Europe national borders are not that important than years ago,
            but we have many different languages and cultures. People start to like this
            fact and show respect to the different European cultures (I hope that they
            will do the same for the Islamic culture). It was our biggest mistake, that
            we were misguided by nationalism and blindness. Nationalism and love for the
            own culture are two different things.

            Discussion corner: I work on it. Will be soon on our homepage.

            Profile of the position holder: Also working on it. On Monday you can see
            our enhanced version.

            Staso
            Mario
          • momand khan
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 5, 2000
              Qaderman Mario and all Salamoona au neekei heali worandi Kawam
              Sorry for responding a bit late been busy. Some one please correct me if I
              am wrong. When ever we mention a correction on the Pashtoo language or
              culture, suddenly it changes to political issue. I always thought Pashtoo
              language and culture were our national interest and right. May be I am
              wrong???????
              All I said was that Pashtoon start from Ammu to Jehlam "Pashtoon Nation".
              When I wrote to you about the map that was not a political issue. You have
              mentioned that was the only map available and noted some Pakistani authority
              and the problems Afghan have in Pakistan. Let me tell you that Afghan may
              have problems in Pakistan but the Pakhtoon who are living in Pakistan have
              the right to there language and the area is know for them.They might not
              have them now, but that is their right. Same is true about the Afghans.
              There are Pakhtoon in every inch of Afghanistan and have the right to be
              represented. After all we are talking about the Pashtoo and Pashtoon as a
              whole. Let me ask you some thing, if some one asks you about the origin of
              Pashtoon in Afghanistan " which is consider Ghor"? Are you going to stay
              silent because there are Farsi speaker living there now a day thus avoiding
              political statement or you going to state the fact. Secondly, I see lots of
              us are talking about opening Pashtoo school in Peshawar. Some one please
              tell me if that is not a political move. I personally consider it my God
              given right to read, write and speak Pashto. However in today's world this
              would be political move. We should not be afraid of any statement if it is
              good for our community. Obviously protecting our resource which include our
              intellectuals.
              Lastly again you have mention that was the only map available, and do
              acknowledge that is not complete. I would then suggest not to even have map
              shaded such that represent portion of the people. Lets not start with the
              wrong foot that later on we can not fix and even if we do will be too late.
              I do not want to be just talk if all agree I can fix the map so I am just
              talking but doing some thing about it. I need feed back and suggestion on
              the issue for which I am open to listen
              Pe deer drankhet
              Momand Khan

            • Noorullah Khan
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 5, 2000
                Grana Momad Khana,

                You are right and I agree with you.

                Dear Mario,

                No more jenrousity, rather we should be jelous in the case of map of the
                country. Different colours of the map are unacceptable and unbearable, at
                any cost. Yes, it is not a political org. But, it is also not a purely
                scientific and academic group of Lingustic studies. So you should not split
                map of the country into peices.

                Yes, there are other languages in the country. But Pashto is the National
                one. It exists in every village, Alakadari,Ulaswali and so on.

                Pleas understand. You can show Free Afghanistan in one colour and Occupied
                parts (beyond Deurand line) in other one.

                Sashtan di mull sa.

                >From: "momand khan" <momandkhan@...>
                >To: pakhtu@egroups.com
                >Subject: RE: [pakhtu] Homepage
                >Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 17:10:13 PDT
                >
                >Qaderman Mario and all Salamoona au neekei heali worandi Kawam
                >Sorry for responding a bit late been busy. Some one please correct me if I
                >am wrong. When ever we mention a correction on the Pashtoo language or
                >culture, suddenly it changes to political issue. I always thought Pashtoo
                >language and culture were our national interest and right. May be I am
                >wrong???????
                >All I said was that Pashtoon start from Ammu to Jehlam "Pashtoon Nation".
                >When I wrote to you about the map that was not a political issue. You have
                >mentioned that was the only map available and noted some Pakistani
                >authority
                >and the problems Afghan have in Pakistan. Let me tell you that Afghan may
                >have problems in Pakistan but the Pakhtoon who are living in Pakistan have
                >the right to there language and the area is know for them.They might not
                >have them now, but that is their right. Same is true about the Afghans.
                >There are Pakhtoon in every inch of Afghanistan and have the right to be
                >represented. After all we are talking about the Pashtoo and Pashtoon as a
                >whole. Let me ask you some thing, if some one asks you about the origin of
                >Pashtoon in Afghanistan " which is consider Ghor"? Are you going to stay
                >silent because there are Farsi speaker living there now a day thus avoiding
                >political statement or you going to state the fact. Secondly, I see lots of
                >us are talking about opening Pashtoo school in Peshawar. Some one please
                >tell me if that is not a political move. I personally consider it my God
                >given right to read, write and speak Pashto. However in today's world this
                >would be political move. We should not be afraid of any statement if it is
                >good for our community. Obviously protecting our resource which include our
                >intellectuals.
                >Lastly again you have mention that was the only map available, and do
                >acknowledge that is not complete. I would then suggest not to even have map
                >shaded such that represent portion of the people. Lets not start with the
                >wrong foot that later on we can not fix and even if we do will be too late.
                >I do not want to be just talk if all agree I can fix the map so I am just
                >talking but doing some thing about it. I need feed back and suggestion on
                >the issue for which I am open to listen
                >Pe deer drankhet
                >Momand Khan

              • Y.Iqbal
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 6, 2000
                  Grana Mohmand Khana rora,
                  You are right. It is not good to include incomplete map and may be
                  more dangerous in future than no map. I mean (which we could not) if
                  our coming generations could do something for our land, our map
                  should not stop them.
                  Khdai dey khaad aw abaad larah.
                  Staso rore
                  Dr Yaseen Iqbal Yousafzai
                  University of Sheffield (UK)
                • Gaba Gaba
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 6, 2000
                    Sallamoona,

                    Brother Momand I agree with you 100%. We need to
                    represent the truth.

                    Aimal Ghilzai

                    http://im.yahoo.com/
                  • Noorullah Khan
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 9, 2000
                      To our webmaster.

                      This page present on our homepage is very heartbreaking entity for us.
                      Actually we are doing that work which the enimies of Afghanistan like to do.

                      All of us know very well that our enimies don't like the very existence of
                      Afghanistan. We are aware about the situation in the north of the country.
                      In the south situation is even more bad. Here Pakistanis are talking in
                      public forums that Afghanista(God forbid) is now their fifth province.

                      For this henous end, they have planned in a very organized way. Even General
                      Musharaf has expressed these ideas. For this purpose they have hired some
                      ex-communists, who were some time in exiled during the rigim of Bubrak.
                      Moreover, our mullah are also part of this collusion, just for the love of
                      Ommah and kaldars. In Peshawer they are killing all patriatic Afghans just
                      to clrear the way for their designs. They are talking of a Pak-Afghan
                      confederation-fifth prrovince.

                      Plaes, understand the sbtelity of the situation and show Afghanistan in one
                      colour. We cannot commit suicied in the name of tolerance as we have been
                      committing in the past.

                      pa dranawi,
                      Aughan Attal

                    • Noorullah Khan
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 9, 2000
[...]

                        Plaes, understand the sbtelity of the situation and show Afghanistan only
                        only in one colour. We cannot commit suicied in the name of tolerance as we

                      • N.R.Liwal
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 9, 2000
                          Dear Mario;

                          Please takeaway that MAP.

                          Liwal

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 9, 2000
                            Dear Aughan Attal,

                            the map caused many irritations. Though not intended to be a political map,
                            it seems that no one is happy with this kind of presentation. I am going to
                            change it.

                            Mario
                          • momand khan
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jul 10, 2000
                              Thank you Mario
                              That is I think the wishes of all. If we want to be presented, we want to be
                              presented right. There is nonthing political about that. I agree that lots
                              of people are not happy with it.
                              Pe drankhet
                              Momand

                            • Mario.I.Fischer
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jul 10, 2000
                                Grana Liwal Khana,

                                the map will be changed. Next meting of hujra we will discuss this topic, and
                                please make all your suggestions.
                                My suggestion: a simple map of Afghanistan and Pakistan, with a text that gives
                                information on the historical context. Afghan history, the afghan nation , the
                                language (with emphasize on the Pashto language).

                                Staso
                                Mario
                              • M khan
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jul 10, 2000
                                  Garana Mario Ismael Khan:
                                  Assalamu-Alaikum!
                                  I am sure that when we discuss the Pashto .org and
                                  the contents about the map we will Insha'Allah come to
                                  the right conclusion. For now thanks for your agreeing
                                  with the brothers suggestion to remove the
                                  controversial map so the already wounded pashtoons
                                  could breath a sigh of relief.
                                  I love the idea of showing only a simple map of
                                  both Pakistan and Afghanistan that will serve the
                                  purpose of our presence and as our home. we donot wish
                                  to make it controversial and thanks again for your
                                  time ,money and dedication to the cause of Pashtoon
                                  culture and society.
                                  Wassalam!
                                  Staso
                                  Umar Dawar
                                  --- "Mario.I.Fischer" <mario.i.fischer@...> wrote:
                                  > Grana Liwal Khana,
                                  >
                                  > the map will be changed. Next meting of hujra we
                                  > will discuss this topic, and
                                  > please make all your suggestions.
                                  > My suggestion: a simple map of Afghanistan and
                                  > Pakistan, with a text that gives
                                  > information on the historical context. Afghan
                                  > history, the afghan nation , the
                                  > language (with emphasize on the Pashto language).
                                  >
                                  > Staso
                                  > Mario

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com/
                                • Noorullah Khan
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jul 10, 2000
                                    Gran Mario Khana,

                                    Thank you so much for agreeing with the opinion of the mejority.

                                    Tull sta,
                                    Aughan Attal

                                    >From: "Mario.I.Fischer" <mario.i.fischer@...>
                                    >To: <pakhtu@egroups.com>
                                    >Subject: RE: [pakhtu] Homepage
                                    >Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:21:37 +0200
                                    >
                                    >Dear Aughan Attal,
                                    >
                                    >the map caused many irritations. Though not intended to be a political map,
                                    >it seems that no one is happy with this kind of presentation. I am going to
                                    >change it.
                                    >
                                    >Mario

                                  • hameed haq
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jul 11, 2000
                                      Drano Pukhtano,
                                      i regularly read mail of group. i am give u a
                                      suggestion about the map. this mup should not contain
                                      the map of Pakistan but those part of Pakistan where
                                      live pukhtoons i.e the area of Pukhtoonkhwa, trible
                                      bilt and area pukhtoon in Boluchistan.

                                      hameed

                                      --- "Mario.I.Fischer" <mario.i.fischer@...> wrote:
                                      > Grana Liwal Khana,
                                      >
                                      > the map will be changed. Next meting of hujra we
                                      > will discuss this topic, and
                                      > please make all your suggestions.
                                      > My suggestion: a simple map of Afghanistan and
                                      > Pakistan, with a text that gives
                                      > information on the historical context. Afghan
                                      > history, the afghan nation , the
                                      > language (with emphasize on the Pashto language).
                                      >
                                      > Staso
                                      > Mario

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com/
                                    • Khan, Kamal
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jul 11, 2000
                                        Dear Hameed Khana,

                                        You did not the read the earlier posts. Many brothers objected when Mario showed
                                        a map of Afghanistan and parts of Pakistan highlighting the pukhtun majority
                                        areas. The map was information purposes. I suggest to have no map at all until
                                        we are politically tolerant.

                                        Staso

                                        Kamal

                                        i regularly read mail of group. i am give u a
                                        suggestion about the map. this mup should not contain
                                        the map of Pakistan but those part of Pakistan where
                                        live pukhtoons i.e the area of Pukhtoonkhwa, trible
                                        bilt and area pukhtoon in Boluchistan.

                                        hameed

                                        --- "Mario.I.Fischer" <mario.i.fischer@...> wrote:
                                        > Grana Liwal Khana,
                                        >
                                        > the map will be changed. Next meting of hujra we
                                        > will discuss this topic, and
                                        > please make all your suggestions.
                                        > My suggestion: a simple map of Afghanistan and
                                        > Pakistan, with a text that gives
                                        > information on the historical context. Afghan
                                        > history, the afghan nation , the
                                        > language (with emphasize on the Pashto language).
                                        >
                                        > Staso
                                        > Mario

                                        http://mail.yahoo.com/

                                        Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
                                        1. Fill in the brief application
                                        http://click.egroups.com/1/6628/8/_/351359/_/963300257/
                                      • Noorullah Khan
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jul 11, 2000
                                          Grana Hameed Khana,

                                          Your suggesstion is the most acceptable one.

                                          pa mina,
                                          Aughan Attal

                                          >From: hameed haq <umerkhel@...>
                                          >To: pakhtu@egroups.com
                                          >Subject: Re: [pakhtu] Homepage
                                          >Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:24:16 -0700 (PDT)
                                          >
                                          >Drano Pukhtano,
                                          >i regularly read mail of group. i am give u a
                                          >suggestion about the map. this mup should not contain
                                          >the map of Pakistan but those part of Pakistan where
                                          >live pukhtoons i.e the area of Pukhtoonkhwa, trible
                                          >bilt and area pukhtoon in Boluchistan.
                                          >
                                          >hameed
                                          >
                                          >--- "Mario.I.Fischer" <mario.i.fischer@...> wrote:
                                          > > Grana Liwal Khana,
                                          > >
                                          > > the map will be changed. Next meting of hujra we
                                          > > will discuss this topic, and
                                          > > please make all your suggestions.
                                          > > My suggestion: a simple map of Afghanistan and
                                          > > Pakistan, with a text that gives
                                          > > information on the historical context. Afghan
                                          > > history, the afghan nation , the
                                          > > language (with emphasize on the Pashto language).
                                          > >
                                          > > Staso
                                          > > Mario

                                        • hameed haq
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jul 11, 2000
                                            Qadar manda Aufhan Attal
                                            Dera manana,
                                            It is, pleasure to me that u are agree with my
                                            suggestion.
                                            But have some friends who thinks that it is
                                            controversial. I think here no such situation, here
                                            nothing of controversial, if we are representing the
                                            map of Pukhtoon area then why not actual map of only
                                            the pukhtoon Territory. it must contain the both
                                            sides of Deurand line.

                                            de Allah pa Aman
                                            hameed

                                            --- Noorullah Khan <pawanda@...> wrote: >
                                            Grana Hameed Khana,

                                            > Your suggesstion is the most acceptable one.
                                            >
                                            > pa mina,
                                            > Aughan Attal
                                            >

                                            > >From: hameed haq <umerkhel@...>
                                            > >To: pakhtu@egroups.com
                                            > >Subject: Re: [pakhtu] Homepage
                                            > >Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:24:16 -0700 (PDT)
                                            > >
                                            > >Drano Pukhtano,
                                            > >i regularly read mail of group. i am give u a
                                            > >suggestion about the map. this mup should not
                                            > contain
                                            > >the map of Pakistan but those part of Pakistan
                                            > where
                                            > >live pukhtoons i.e the area of Pukhtoonkhwa, trible
                                            > >bilt and area pukhtoon in Boluchistan.
                                            > >
                                            > >hameed
                                            > >
                                            > >--- "Mario.I.Fischer" <mario.i.fischer@...>
                                            > wrote:
                                            > > > Grana Liwal Khana,
                                            > > >
                                            > > > the map will be changed. Next meting of hujra we
                                            > > > will discuss this topic, and
                                            > > > please make all your suggestions.
                                            > > > My suggestion: a simple map of Afghanistan and
                                            > > > Pakistan, with a text that gives
                                            > > > information on the historical context. Afghan
                                            > > > history, the afghan nation , the
                                            > > > language (with emphasize on the Pashto
                                            > language).
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Staso
                                            > > > Mario

                                            > http://www.hotmail.com

                                            > Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
                                            > 1. Fill in the brief application

                                            http://click.egroups.com/1/6628/8/_/351359/_/963373443/

                                            http://mail.yahoo.com/
                                          • Mario.I.Fischer
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jul 12, 2000
                                              Please have a look at our homepage
                                              www.pashtun.org
                                              Comments, Suggestions, ...

                                              It is, pleasure to me that u are agree with my
                                              suggestion.
                                              But have some friends who thinks that it is
                                              controversial. I think here no such situation, here
                                              nothing of controversial, if we are representing the
                                              map of Pukhtoon area then why not actual map of only
                                              the pukhtoon Territory. it must contain the both
                                              sides of Deurand line.

                                              de Allah pa Aman
                                              hameed

                                              --- Noorullah Khan <pawanda@...> wrote: >
                                              Grana Hameed Khana,

                                              > Your suggesstion is the most acceptable one.
                                              >
                                              > pa mina,
                                              > Aughan Attal
                                              >

                                              > >From: hameed haq <umerkhel@...>
                                              > >To: pakhtu@egroups.com
                                              > >Subject: Re: [pakhtu] Homepage
                                              > >Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:24:16 -0700 (PDT)
                                              > >
                                              > >Drano Pukhtano,
                                              > >i regularly read mail of group. i am give u a
                                              > >suggestion about the map. this mup should not
                                              > contain
                                              > >the map of Pakistan but those part of Pakistan
                                              > where
                                              > >live pukhtoons i.e the area of Pukhtoonkhwa, trible
                                              > >bilt and area pukhtoon in Boluchistan.
                                              > >
                                              > >hameed
                                              > >
                                              > >--- "Mario.I.Fischer" <mario.i.fischer@...>
                                              > wrote:
                                              > > > Grana Liwal Khana,
                                              > > >
                                              > > > the map will be changed. Next meting of hujra we
                                              > > > will discuss this topic, and
                                              > > > please make all your suggestions.
                                              > > > My suggestion: a simple map of Afghanistan and
                                              > > > Pakistan, with a text that gives
                                              > > > information on the historical context. Afghan
                                              > > > history, the afghan nation , the
                                              > > > language (with emphasize on the Pashto
                                              > language).
                                              > > >
                                              > > > Staso
                                              > > > Mario

                                              > http://www.hotmail.com

                                              > Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
                                              > 1. Fill in the brief application

                                              http://click.egroups.com/1/6628/8/_/351359/_/963373443/

                                              http://mail.yahoo.com/

                                              Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
                                              1. Fill in the brief application
                                              http://click.egroups.com/1/6630/8/_/351359/_/963384226/
                                            • N.R.Liwal
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jul 14, 2000
                                                Dear Mario;

                                                At IPA we are concerened with Pashtuns and Pashto at second
                                                therefore, we have to count all those Pashtuns who even do not
                                                speak Pashto, the Pashtuns are scatered all over Afghanistan
                                                and Pakistan and they are living in India, while talking
                                                about Pashtuns as inhabitants we can include, Afghanistan, Pakistan
                                                as whole and Indail partially.

                                                -There are Pashtuns all over Afghanistan
                                                -There are Pashtuns all over Pakistan.
                                                -Pashtun populated areas in INDIA
                                                Ajmir, Panjab, Kashmir, Rajputana (Rajistan), Mawar, Bomby, Baruda, Madrass,
                                                Maisur, Barrar Behaar, Bangal Auresa, Aslam, Shekam, Kuch Behaar, Parra.

                                                Now due to Afghan refugess everywhere we have Pashtun communities in
                                                every big city of the world.

                                                I would recommend that we should have World MAP which highlit Afghanistan,
                                                Pakistan and above parts of India as home of Pashtuns and then pinpoint IPA
                                                Jirgas in each country.

                                                Liwal