Re: [pakhtu] Nonviolent Soldier of Islam: Badshah Khan

  • ghulam azam
    Message 1 of 19 , May 31, 2002
      Ghafar Khan was a man of courage amd determination who spent nearly a
      century long life in struggle for his ideals. He will be remembered by
      history. However, as a Muslim and Pakhtun, his struggle was competible
      neither with the interests of Muslims of South Asia as he voted for India in
      1947, neither with Pakhtuns since he supported Russian invasion of
      Afghanistan and Babrak Karmal. It is upto a person which side of the coin he
      sees. Regards. Ghulam
    • Gahez Shpol
      Message 2 of 19 , May 31, 2002
        Bacha khan didn't suport the idea of Pakistan, because he knew Pshtuns will be paying the cost of this struggle between Hindus and Punjabees for centuries, as its obvious today.
        He never supported Russian presence in Afghanistan, however he opposed the so called Mujahideen and the so called jihad against their own government. The war was never for Islam or Afghanistan, but a war beween world capitalism against Russia, where a bunch of opportunist mullahs could pocket millions of dollars and they could see a chance to become the head of Afghanistan. Afghans on both sides were being sacrificed and each and every one of the Mujahideen leader was a killer and was struggling to become the next Amirulmomineen of Afghanistan, no matter what it costed our nation. The presence of Russia was just a pretext. The Pakistani and Mujahid leaders' jihad started when Dawood was in power, long before Russia's arrival, and it didn't end even when the Russians left. Till most of kabul was burnt and tens of thousands of innocent civilians killed and the country tuned into a trrorist hub. It was quite obvious even then that this was going to happen if the mujahideen enter Kabul. That was the reason that many sane people who cared about Afghan nation and Afghanistan, opposed this war. But the power hungry commanders with the help of their gangs and malitias didn't listen to any of such calls. They continued killing and pushed to be in power even if it was just for three months in Darulaman, like Mujadadi, be a Prime Minister in absentia like Gulbuddin, a president with only two Olaswalai in control like Rabbani, an Amirulmomineen sitting in Kandahar and not being able to show his ugly face to the press for five years in power. The price Afghans and Afghanistan paid in terms of millions of lives, distroyed cities, plundered historical treasure, millions out on the run around the world, and completely shattered nation and country was worth it??
        staso
        Gahez
      • AC
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 1, 2002
          I dont think he supported the soviet backed regime, but, he was aware (as
          some of us were) of the
          much bigger (by several order of magnitude) disaster which followed the
          collapse of that regime. In this way, he was admirable and visionary.
          A.C.
        • k qari
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 1, 2002
            DEAREST AND RESPECTED BROTHER !
            WE SHOLD NOT BE LIKE A SODA WATER BOTLE AND CALL EACH
            AND ANYONE LIKE YOU SAID <QUR,AN. SAYING IN CHAPTER
            07>
            <WALA TA SUBBULLAZEENA YADUNA MINDUNILLAHI
            PAYASUBULLAHA ADWAN BIGHIR ILAM> WE SHOULD NOT MAKE
            OUR SELEVES <QAZI OR MUFTI> THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE
            COMMING TO THIS GROUP WHO CARE FOR THOSE WHO YOU NAMED
            IT < AND ALL SO I DID NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR IDEAS IF
            YOU ARE SECULAR??? OR RELIGUS? THAN WER MUSLIMS WILL
            UNDERSTAND IF WE COULD TALK OR DISCUS OR JUST LISTEN
            AND DELITE YOUR COMMONTS................ PLEASE
            FORGIVE ME IF I DID SOME IPULITE WORDS BUT WE AFGHANS
            REALY HERT AND CANT EXEPT MORE TO ANYONE WHO CALL OUR
            OWN BLOOD BY MANY NAMES.
            THANK YOU.

            http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
          • ghulam azam
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 1, 2002
              I think Ghafar Khan was much in line of Gandhi that followed non-voilence
              philopsiphy, which was competable with the Hindu circumstances of that time.
              While Ghafar Khan belonged to Pakhtun which are Muslims and fiercely
              independent nation. His failure was, in spite of one century long courageous
              struggle, not creating a policy of his own competable to his own people's
              culture, history and desires but following what was good for others in his
              own community without proper adjustments. Regards. Ghulam

              >From: "AC" <chpoun@...>
              >To: <pakhtu@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: RE: [pakhtu] Nonviolent Soldier of Islam: Badshah Khan/soviet
              >invasion
              >Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 09:30:06 +0200
              >
              >I dont think he supported the soviet backed regime, but, he was aware (as
              >some of us were) of the
              >much bigger (by several order of magnitude) disaster which followed the
              >collapse of that regime. In this way, he was admirable and visionary.
              >A.C.
            • Mohammad Khan
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 1, 2002
                Grano malgaro,

                Tolo ta salamoona. Education is the key to get the
                pukhtun qaum of the out of the economic abyss. This
                can be done onely if we pool our resources, no matter
                how small, and invest in the education of our children
                in pukhtunkhwa. It is a great day that a good
                beginning has been made in that direction. Today I
                received a substantial sum of $300 as donation to the
                education fund of our children. Some of the money had
                been pledged before but most of it is a new donation.
                I like to thank Khaghaley Mr Kamran Aziz Yousafzay for
                his generous contribution. I wish others will rise to
                the occasion and help out whatever little they can.
                This amout brings the bank balance in the WPF account
                to $1,530.86. Just last month I sent $1,615.00 to
                Peshawar jerga to be distributed by them.

                Staso Khadem.

                M Kamal Khan
                President/Treasurer WPF
              • shahrahm
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 1, 2002
                  ---
                  Badshah Khan matched his mountains in greatness by following the
                  principles of his religion and creed.
                  He did not have to follow Gandhi, Mandela and Martin Luther King,
                  his religion taught him peace and peaceful coexistence.

                  " That man is a Muslim who never hurt anybody by word or deed and
                  works for the benefit and happiness of God's creatures. Belief in
                  God is to love one fellow men." Prophet Muhammad.

                  Mahatma Gandhi and Badshah Khan both saw the divide and rule
                  philosophy of the foreign interest and sensed partition and the
                  Afghan wars to serve the interest of the western alliance to contain
                  and entrap the USSR.

                  The foreign interest got keener after the defeat of the British in
                  the two Afghan wars. They started working for the entrapment of the
                  Communist in Afghanistan and many elders including Badshahkhan saw
                  Afghanistan as the battleground for the warring Americans and not
                  very smart Russians.
                  Ignoring Kamal Babrak in retrospect would have been better than the
                  bloody war won over with the blood of the Afghans, the ISI, the Arab
                  fugitives and the religious right who wanted to teach the godless a
                  lesson.

                  The American foreign agents have one more feather in their cap for
                  defeating the Russians, in an important front without shedding
                  American blood.

                  The losers are many, the land uninhabitable because of the mines.
                  The psyche of the masses is pro-feudal and their grasp of solution
                  of any problem is by gun only. Thanks to the wars and the warriors
                  for their teaching. Democracy appears far far away for now.
                  Few benefited and there are few more to join the same men, they
                  hated and fought so bitterly.

                  Now the war is over, the warriors have prevailed for the time being
                  and we all hope that the motives of the northern and western
                  alliance will be peaceful.

                  Bach Khan longed for peaceful solutions that were not very popular
                  amongst his countrymen. He did not hesitate to beg for peace by
                  addressing the peace loving Americans who love democracy at home and
                  whose' government support non-democratic violent regimes abroad.

                  "To the people of the United States whose vigor, courage and
                  idealism en-joined to nonviolence can reshape the course of
                  history."
                  He was clear when he spoke of peace, love and co-existence amongst
                  the nations of the world.

                  Bacha Khan continued his work for the betterment of his people and
                  peace even after the creation of Pakistan.
                  The founder Mohammad Ali Jinnah's speeches for peace were
                  censored
                  and so were those of Bacha Khan. He spent most of his life in jail
                  his organization Surkhposh and Khudai-khidmatgar banned. The wars
                  mongering Pakistanis' continued their message of war and hate to
                  match those of the Hindu extremist.

                  Civil war of partition, the wars over Kashmir and the future atomic
                  war between the two countries make me wonder if this price for
                  independence was worth any good for the common man.
                  The GNP of both countries is wasted on war material and efforts. The
                  suffering and need of the people is willfully ignored as the un-
                  educated masses are mesmerized by the defense of the country via the
                  atom gini.

                  " I can not cease thinking of Badshah Khan even when I have
                  ceased
                  to desire to live up to 125 years. I am seeing more and more of his
                  deeply spiritual nature daily. He has patience, faith and non-
                  violence joined in true humanity. Countless Pathans have enshrined
                  him in their hearts as their uncrowned king. For such a person there
                  can be no defeat. I am sure he will not shrink from any sacrifice or
                  suffering, but will die serving the pathans with his last breath. He
                  lives only for that. He is a man of penance, also of illumination,
                  with love for all and hatred toward none." Mahatma Gandhi.

                  Pa Makha De Kha Wror rahmat.

                • Gahez Shpol
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 1, 2002
                    Muhtaram Qari saeb, taa de khudae khappa na kee. Zmaa matlab hiss kala de chaa khwabadee khawal na woo. daa khu hassi zmaa yao syaasi nazar woo. delta harsok khpal khpal nazar wrandekawee. ka cheree staa pu chaa baande khwabadegee, no za dera dera bakhshana ghwarum. Ao ta khoo hassi hum zmaa mamakhel ye, walee che zmaa anna hum wardaka wa, khudae de wabakhshee.
                    staaso wror
                    Gahez

                    --- Gahez Shpol <gahez_1@...> wrote:
                    > Bacha khan didn't suport the idea of Pakistan,
                    > because he knew Pshtuns will be paying the cost of
                    > this struggle between Hindus and Punjabees for
                    > centuries, as its obvious today.
                    > He never supported Russian presence in Afghanistan,
                    > however he opposed the so called Mujahideen and the
                    > so called jihad against their own government. The
                    > war was never for Islam or Afghanistan, but a war
                    > beween world capitalism against Russia, where a
                    > bunch of opportunist mullahs could pocket millions
                    > of dollars and they could see a chance to become the
                    > head of Afghanistan. Afghans on both sides were
                    > being sacrificed and each and every one of the
                    > Mujahideen leader was a killer and was struggling to
                    > become the next Amirulmomineen of Afghanistan, no
                    > matter what it costed our nation. The presence of
                    > Russia was just a pretext. The Pakistani and Mujahid
                    > leaders' jihad started when Dawood was in power,
                    > long before Russia's arrival, and it didn't end even
                    > when the Russians left. Till most of kabul was burnt
                    > and tens of thousands of innocent civilians killed
                    > and the country tuned into a trrorist hub. It was
                    > quite obvious even then that this was going to
                    > happen if the mujahideen enter Kabul. That was the
                    > reason that many sane people who cared about Afghan
                    > nation and Afghanistan, opposed this war. But the
                    > power hungry commanders with the help of their gangs
                    > and malitias didn't listen to any of such calls.
                    > They continued killing and pushed to be in power
                    > even if it was just for three months in Darulaman,
                    > like Mujadadi, be a Prime Minister in absentia like
                    > Gulbuddin, a president with only two Olaswalai in
                    > control like Rabbani, an Amirulmomineen sitting in
                    > Kandahar and not being able to show his ugly face to
                    > the press for five years in power. The price Afghans
                    > and Afghanistan paid in terms of millions of lives,
                    > distroyed cities, plundered historical treasure,
                    > millions out on the run around the world, and
                    > completely shattered nation and country was worth
                    > it??
                    > staso
                    > Gahez

                    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    Messages distributed through this forum are the senders individual point of view, and are NOT the agenda or the ideology of World Pukhtoon Foundation.

                  • Gahez Shpol
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 1, 2002
                      Pashtuns have the honour of being feircly freedom-loving, proud of their dignity and identity, brave, hardworking and tough, but those who direct these qulities of our people against our own nation and our own country for political and economic gains, are the ones non of us could be proud of and they would be condenmed traitors and enimies of our nation by our future generations.

                      pu dranawee
                      Gaehz

                      ghulam azam <farouqazam@...> wrote: I think Ghafar Khan was much in line of Gandhi that followed non-voilence

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 1, 2002
                        Grana Dusta warora ;
                        Za deeeeeera ziata bakhana ghwaaram za lakachi ghalat
                        shawy wam aw ma aaf mi kara insan khu deeeeeer aajiz
                        dy bia ham maafi ghawaram.
                        stasu khadem.
                        Ahqer Q..k..w.
                      • Tariq
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 2, 2002
                          Gahez Shpol <gahez_1@...> wrote:

                          Pashtuns have the honour of being feircly freedom-loving, proud of their
                          dignity and identity, brave, hardworking and tough, but those who direct
                          these qulities of our people against our own nation and our own country for
                          political and economic gains, are the ones non of us could be proud of and
                          they would be condenmed traitors and enimies of our nation by our future
                          generations.

                          pu dranawee
                          Gaehz

                          Gahez Shpol wrora!
                          As-salamo alaikum.

                          Agreed, Pashtuns are one of the rare communities that gather among
                          them many glaring qualities but these are to no avail when we know that
                          Pashtuns are primarily uneducated and seldom throw up leaders that
                          are genuine and sincere.

                          Without the said two pre-requistes I am afraid we shall achieve little.

                          So listen to what Dr Kamal Khan shouts himself hoarse.

                          Staso, Tariq
                        • ghulam azam
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 3, 2002
                            Dear, Gahez Shpol,
                            I am exactly saying what you say that Pshtuns are feircly freedom-loving,
                            proud of their dignity and identity, brave, hardworking and tough. I also
                            agree that we must not allow others to direct these qulities of our people
                            against our own nation and our own country for political and economic gains.
                            But, my argument is that Ghafar Khan could not take these qualities into
                            consideration in his struggle. The success of Gandhi was in this very
                            reason. Unfortunately, the successors of Ghafar Khan continue the same
                            unrealistic policies in the part of Pashtuns. As we practice in Maths that Y
                            is subject to X, the same they are subject to the Indian policies towards
                            Afghanistan. Wali Khan and Mahmud Khan Achakzai support any government in
                            Kabul that enjoys the support of India and hate any government in Kabul that
                            Delhi does not like it. Remember the famous slagon of National Awami Party
                            in 1980s that was 'Babrak-Wali Bahi Bahi. And remember the famous speech of
                            Mahmud Khan Achakzai in Mizan Chawk of Quetta in 1983 who told to Afghan
                            refugees (most of them Pashtuns) at the front of thousands of his followers
                            as 'Bagoro Nikal do'. Many Pashtuns liked Ghafar Khan and Samad Khan in
                            Afghanistan prior to the Russian invasion of Afghanistan. But due to their
                            support of Russians, they lost the sympathy of many Afghans. In the past 24
                            years, Wali Khan and Mahmud Khan Achakzai supported every anti-Pashtun
                            government in Kabul because India wanted. We must understand, India prepares
                            its policy on the basis of its enmity towards Pakistan; it must not be the
                            case with Wali Khan and Mahmud Khan. If they still do not accept the
                            existence of Pakistan as their fathers did, then, they must, first, not join
                            the government in Islamabad and provinces as they always did in the past.
                            Second, they must again understand the psychology and the wish of their
                            people and not build their policies on the basis of Indian interests in the
                            region that traditionally is against Pashtuns. Please read writings of many
                            prominent Indian politicians, including the then prime minister, Jawahar Lal
                            Nehru's. Then, you will find, how much the Indian politicians hate the
                            Pashtuns. I praise Bach Khan and Samad Khan for their determination, but, I
                            think all of us have the right to re-examine their struggle and the
                            follow-up of this struggle by their sons, since these policies affect the
                            life of Pashtuns in Pakistan and Afghanistan. I think it is time for all of
                            us to come home and review our policies realistically and with cool blood on
                            the basis of Pashtuns interests in both countries especially at the current
                            situation in the region. Regards.

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 3, 2002
                              Dear Ghulam Azam.

                              I wish you support your claims about the Indian
                              leadership hating pukhtuns. Please publish any
                              statement by any political indian leader of substance
                              that shows hatred towards pukhtuns. Ghani Khan had
                              excellent relationship with Indira Ghandi. Ghandi and
                              Nehru courted and liked the Surakh posh leaders. That
                              contradicts what you are saying. The fact of the
                              matter is that Bacha Khan loved his people and he
                              sacrificed his life for them. History is written by
                              the victors and what you hear is the distorted facts
                              put out by the people who really hate pukhtuns.

                              Let us not waste our time who likes us or who hates
                              us. Let us work on ourselves. Let us love ourselves.
                              Let us remove the weaknesses that inflict us. It can
                              be done if we educate our people. We are fiercely
                              independent minded and brave people and these
                              qualities will serve us well if we emancipate
                              ourselves from ignorance and illetracy.

                              Kamal

                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 3, 2002
                                Graan Ghulam Azama,
                                you got my point regarding those mentioned qualities of Pashtuns but what I meant was the US, Wahabis and Pakistan, with the help of Gulbudeen, Rabanee, Mujadadee and Masud, used those qualities of Pashtuns against Pashtuns. Bacha khan may not have taken advantage of those god gifted quilities of Pashtuns but, he never used them to Pashtuns' disadvantage. He didn't direct them against Pashtuns. His failing to achieve Pashtun's rights was because of technical mistakes in his political strategy, which he made at different stages during his long politcal struggle. Otherwise, he could have changed Pashtun's destiny. Those could be called missed opportunities, not crimes. It will never make him our nation's enimy or a traitor. He was a man of principles, an honest person and a charismatic leader.

                                I have never heard Mahmood Khan Achakzai caling pashutns form the other side of the line 'bhugora' or any thing else, but he always referred to them as 'kadwal wrona' His party has helped more than any other group in Pashtunkhwa making Afghans domicile certificates (the local IDs). Yes, during the war the party leaders kept asking them to go back to Afghanistan, work for the country, instead of getting training from ISI and killing their own brother, sisters and distroyng their own villages. I have lived for five years in Quetta and Chaman in early nineties, from what I saw, Mahmood Khan's Pashtunkhwa party has got more support among Kandaharis of quetta than the local Pashtuns.

                                I have never seen Afghanistan being in the hands of anti pashtuns, as you have said. The rulers were all Pashtuns from Ahmad shah baba to Dr. Najeebullah. Kafirs, communists, nationalist, or whatever in your eyes. They were all supported by Bacha khan, Samad khan and mahmood khan, because there was never ever any better alternative to them when these people were in power. No matter what mistakes these rulers made it was not worth pouring the whole country into war, killing millions, destroying all cities, destroying all national institutions, looting historical treasures, and inviting terrorists from around the world to our country, only to achieve the aim of throwing them out of power. And that�s what muhjadeen leaders were bent on doing, no matter at what cost, and they did it. It was like killing a fly with sledgehammer. The nationalist leaders in Pashtunkhwa at the cost of being called kafirs, being terrorised by both mujahideens killing gangs in Quetta and Peshawar and their ISI mentors, opposed these war mongering beasts, and tried their best to keep the integrity of Afghanistan, save the national institutions, and historical treasures, but they failed against the might of terror. The 'jihad' succeeded to achieve its goals -- throwing Dr. Najeebullah out of power, by force, dismantling Afghan national army and police, starting war inside all cities, causing massacres in all cities, destroying the national capital, killing or forcing out very single man and woman who had got a little education, looting and destroying all national libraries and museums, bringing a havoc upon those who didn�t find a way out.

                                I am not sure what makes people blame Bacha Khan, Samad Khan Mahmood khan when they were begging the mujahideen leaders sit with the Afghan government and solve all issues through negotiations instead of guns and fire. How this destruction of the whole country, as a result of jihad benefited Pashtuns, what good pro-Pashtun government did they install against the ones you called anti-Pashtuns, what purpose of Islam did it serve, what was Rabani celebrating a month ago and what were you congratulating the Afghan nation for on BBC that day????

                                Pu dranawee

                                Gahez
                              • M khan
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jun 5, 2002
                                  Grana Ghulam Azam wror:
                                  Assalam-u-Alaikum!
                                  Your statement regarding the role of the Pashtun leadership is realistic and must be examined in the context of the politics of the past 100 years in the region. These leaders always played to the tunes of foreigners and to a greater extent tried to maintain their grip on power and political influence. Pashtun sentiments and their vital interests were sacrificed at the alter of their masters and patrons. We need new recruits that can protect Pashtuns identity along the lines of popular support from the masses keeping in view the sanctity of our traditional bond with Islam and traditional Pashtun values. There is no room for secular Western values amid the teeming millions who had shown time and again their disgust towards parralell idealogies and alien doctrines.
                                  Allah de Ezatmand Lara!
                                  Wassalam!
                                  Satso
                                  Umar Khan Dawar
                                • syeda_tn
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jun 6, 2002
                                    Adaab,

                                    Please excuse my ignorance but can you please explain why there is
                                    hatred for Pukhtuns? I keep coming across these statements but don't
                                    understand the reasons behind it. I have not lived in Pakistan long
                                    and neither am I a Pathaan. I have been brought up to respect all
                                    people irrespective of their culture, religion etc ..... but it
                                    amazes me to think that even among ourselves we have prejudices ....
                                    I have asked the people making these statements to enlighten me but
                                    maybe because they are cowards to justify their beliefs, they refuse
                                    to explain ... this puzzles me profoundly ......

                                    Would foward to hearing some interesting educational answers .... and
                                    by the way I agree with what Sahib Kamal has said .....

                                    --- In pakhtu@y..., Mohammad Khan <kkhan_01@y...> wrote:
                                    > Dear Ghulam Azam.
                                    >
                                    > I wish you support your claims about the Indian
                                    > leadership hating pukhtuns. Please publish any
                                    > statement by any political indian leader of substance
                                    > that shows hatred towards pukhtuns. Ghani Khan had
                                    > excellent relationship with Indira Ghandi. Ghandi and
                                    > Nehru courted and liked the Surakh posh leaders. That
                                    > contradicts what you are saying. The fact of the
                                    > matter is that Bacha Khan loved his people and he
                                    > sacrificed his life for them. History is written by
                                    > the victors and what you hear is the distorted facts
                                    > put out by the people who really hate pukhtuns.
                                    >
                                    > Let us not waste our time who likes us or who hates
                                    > us. Let us work on ourselves. Let us love ourselves.
                                    > Let us remove the weaknesses that inflict us. It can
                                    > be done if we educate our people. We are fiercely
                                    > independent minded and brave people and these
                                    > qualities will serve us well if we emancipate
                                    > ourselves from ignorance and illetracy.
                                    >
                                    > Kamal
                                  • Mohammad Khan
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jun 6, 2002
                                      Dear Syeda T,

                                      First of all welcome to the forum. secondly, pukhtun
                                      hating is over exaggerated. In Pakistan we have around
                                      25 million pukhtuns. In fact Karachi is the biggest
                                      pukhtun city. There are ethnic problems in Karachi
                                      between pukhtuns and muhajirs, between pukhtuns and
                                      punjabis, sindhis and punjabis etc but these are the
                                      outcome of turf wars. These wars stem from small
                                      fights which escalates to the entire communities. One
                                      on one punjabis, pukhtuns and muhajir live peacefully
                                      and are quite friendly to each other. There is no
                                      pukhtun or punjabi hating. On the political or higher
                                      level the dominant political leadership are a little
                                      aprehensive of pukhtuns. Since 1947 that particular
                                      group has tried to keep the pukhtun influence as low
                                      as possible. They have tried willfully and
                                      systematically to keep the pukhtun areas backward,
                                      both economically and educationally. But most of the
                                      blame must be placed on our leadership. Either they
                                      were naive and stupid who never observed the gameplan
                                      or were bought. The working class people never had
                                      time to hate anybody.

                                      In Afghanistan the situation is different. There in a
                                      population of 25 million about 17 or 18 million are
                                      pukhtuns but they were ruled by a small dari speaking
                                      people from the north. There because of constant
                                      warfare ethinic hatred has developed. I would not be
                                      surprised if pukhtuns hate the northreners and vice
                                      versa. Therefore we must be careful when we jump to
                                      the conclusions and brand everyone as pukhtun hater. I
                                      hate some of the underhanded policies of the punjabi
                                      dominated pakistan govt. but i do no illwill towards
                                      punjabis or muhajirs. My best friends are from sialkot
                                      and karachi, a punjabi and a muhajir.

                                      Inshallah when education is universal and every
                                      pukhtun, punjabi and muhajir is educated and has a
                                      good living then there will be no talk of hatred.
                                      there will be love and respect for all and towards
                                      all.

                                      Staso Khadem

                                      kamal
                                    • ghulam azam
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jun 7, 2002
                                        Umar Khan Dawar, Salam.
                                        I agree with you. It is time to learn from our past and make our future. It
                                        is not necessary to blame who made mistakes but certainly it is necessary to
                                        draw conclusion and correct our vision towards future. Sticking with
                                        mistakes and trying to justify them is usless and even dangerous. We have a
                                        proverb in Pashto 'if you decieve me once curse be upon you; if you could
                                        decieve me twice curse be upon me'. The Holy Prophet says ' a Muslim can not
                                        be bitten twice from a hole'. Regards.