Re: Why Muslim man Should not marray Non-Muslim.

  • isma_il100
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2002
      Assalaamu alaikum, here a letter I received some time ago from a
      learned scholar and friend

      Wassalaam
      Ismail

      It is permitted for a Muslim man to marry a kitabiyah who is a
      dhimiyah (that means that she has covenanted to remain in Dar al-
      Islam and follow the laws of Islam), but as Ibn al-Humam mentioned in
      his Fath al-Qadir it is better not to do so. However, He said that
      it is makruh tahrihi (that is, prohibited) by the agreement of our
      ulama to marry a kitabiyah who is harbiyah, which means that she
      lives in Dar al-Harb (that is, a non-Muslim country like Taiwan or
      Sri Lanka or Canada), or that she lives in Dar al-Islam but has not
      taken the covenant of dhimmah. . Note that virtually all kitabiyat
      today are harbiyat because even the ones living in Muslim lands have
      not covenant any covenant of dhimmah. Thus practically speaking it
      is makruh tahrimi to marry a kitabiyah anywhere today.

      The reason for this is that such an undertaking involves many
      hazards. First of all the man may begin to compromise his religion
      to please his wife, or settle in Dar al-Kufr to please her.
      Furthermore, the upbringing of the children will be in greatest
      jeopardy there being every fear that the mother may influence the
      children or interfere in their Islamic upbringing. Now look at the
      situation there in Taiwan as in most of the non-Muslim world, indeed,
      even in the so-called Muslim world; there is no respect for the
      Muslim law and should the non-Muslim wife of a man dispute with him
      over the upbringing of the children he will find no authority to
      guarantee him that they will be may be brought up as Muslims.
      Indeed, if the woman leaves him even in the so-called Muslim lands
      the authorities might award her the children and if not assist her to
      run back to her own country or at least turn a blind eye while she
      does. In the non-Muslim countries it is a foregone conclusion that
      the authorities will award her the chilren. Therefore, any Muslim
      who has any self respect and holds his religion in the least amount
      of honor will not even think of marrying a non-Muslim women.

      Keep in mind that the Companions married Christian and Jewish
      women who were dhimmiyat; furthermore, they did so under the aegis of
      a powerful Muslim state which was capable of preventing the woman
      from trying to influence the upbringing of the child in a non-Islamic
      way and to make sure that in the case of divorce the children would
      not be taken away from the father, and most important of all that the
      woman would not run away with the children to Dar al-Kufr. Still
      Umar ordered a number of them to divorce their Christian wives.

      Anybody that cannot see the immense harm in marrying a kitabiyah
      today is spiritually blind and devoid of any common sense. Look
      around and see the examples about you. Is the result not something
      to deplore? What Muslim in his right mind would consent to marry a
      woman does not bathe from janabah who drinks and eats pork and
      exposes herself to strange men and is destined to Hell? May Allah
      rescue us!
    • lawanguine
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2002
        --- In pakhtu@y..., "isma_il100" <isma_il100@y...> wrote:
        > Anybody that cannot see the immense harm in marrying a
        kitabiyah
        > today is spiritually blind and devoid of any common sense. Look
        > around and see the examples about you. Is the result not something
        > to deplore? What Muslim in his right mind would consent to marry a
        > woman does not bathe from janabah who drinks and eats pork and
        > exposes herself to strange men and is destined to Hell? May Allah
        > rescue us!

        Dear friends,
        How long are we to spread such non sense inspite of working for the
        wellfare of our people? Is this stuff anything but hate-spreading?
        (in other words fisaad fil ardh?)
        We have among us many brothers who have married non muslim women, do
        we owe some repect to them or not? Is this our message of fraternity?
        I wonder.
        Yours brotherly
        Najib
      • M khan
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2002
          Grana Lawanguina:
          Assalam-u-Alaikum!
          Wrora Po de Zrra ma azzara waa. I am not very well versed on the very many issues of Islamic social laws. However, if someone put an argument about certain man and woman relationship, than, I believe, we must not condemn that person to be one who spreads hate etc.
          I don't think the brother who posted the message means to spread hate. Rather, he in my personal opinion tries to share the idea of how a Muslim should be vigilent to the spiritual and moral needs of his wife and their children. I know many of friends who are married to Hindu, Christian woman. recently, I attended along with my wife and children a celebrated wedding of a Pashtun brother (young) who was born in Canada. His beloved wife is the only among the siblings who converted from Hinduism to Islam. The two were class-mates and were thoroughly introduce to each other and the guy was working extremely hard to teach her the message of Islam. This was done because the girl very much wanted to learn about islam and the tradition of how she could be a fulfilling wife married to a Muslim.
          If you think with cool head and ponder about the points in the message , you will notice that, there is nothing harmful said about women or their character etc. Rather, it gives a direction which is mostly going to be the would be children and their brought up under the sacred traditions of Islamic way of leading one's life.
          I hope that najib wror and everybody else forgive me, if I have crossed the limits of my little knowledge and above all may Allah forgive me.
          I know, for some these are touchy subjects. But for me, this is a process of learning and I would not call it (Fassad al ardh). I wish evrybody take a moment and read that post again and try to grasp what does it mean to a child whose spiritual and islamic needs are as important as would be his/her nutritional and physical needs.
          I hope Allah SWT forgive us all! Po drana wee!
          Wassalam-u-Alaikum!
          Staso Wror
          Umar Khan Dawar

          lawanguine <nmanalai@...> wrote: --- In pakhtu@y..., "isma_il100" wrote:
          > Anybody that cannot see the immense harm in marrying a
          kitabiyah
          > today is spiritually blind and devoid of any common sense. Look
          > around and see the examples about you. Is the result not something
          > to deplore? What Muslim in his right mind would consent to marry a
          > woman does not bathe from janabah who drinks and eats pork and
          > exposes herself to strange men and is destined to Hell? May Allah
          > rescue us!

          Dear friends,
          How long are we to spread such non sense inspite of working for the
          wellfare of our people? Is this stuff anything but hate-spreading?
          (in other words fisaad fil ardh?)
          We have among us many brothers who have married non muslim women, do
          we owe some repect to them or not? Is this our message of fraternity?
          I wonder.
          Yours brotherly
          Najib

          Messages distributed through this forum are the senders individual point of view, and are NOT the agenda or the ideology of World Pukhtoon Foundation.

        • Hameed Ul Haq Khan
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4, 2002
            Dear Friends.
            Here is no problem if a muslin man marries to non-Muslim woman and converts
            her to Islam. I think it is better position. But if a woman marry to
            non-Muslim man and she become non-Muslim then is very bad. And it is
            prohibited in Islam. So we must think the nature and commitments of the
            marring pair because it very default to live a family with deferent
            religion and will effected their future and children.

            da khudai pa Aman

            Hameed

            ----------

          • Feroz Afridi
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 5, 2002
              dair kha muwlana hameed Ul haq sahiba
              dair kha
              feroz

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > > Messages distributed through this forum are the senders individual point
              > of view, and are NOT the agenda or the ideology of World Pukhtoon
              > Foundation.

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > Messages distributed through this forum are the senders individual point
              of view, and are NOT the agenda or the ideology of World Pukhtoon
              Foundation.

            • HaYcH OnE
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 5, 2002
                salam all

                It wont take me long to type this hehehe.. regarding the subject title...i
                just dont know how a muslim man can marry a non-muslim in this day and
                age...people of the book? i think not..... and i stand my ground and say to
                those muslim women, who marry non-muslim men, it is wrong, it has been wrong
                and will always be wrong, not only for them but for their children and
                childrens children......to sacrifice our deen for the sake of marriage....I
                have seen many who convert to islam for that reason only, but ofcourse ALLAH
                HU ALIM, i would rather live and die unmarried....i cannot comprehend with
                those that think otherwise!!!

                khuday em kha sata
                sis H (UK)