Ismail Khan

  • AN1041@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2000
      Salamoooooona
      I am surprised by the reaction of the Pkhtu Group to brother Ismail. I am
      pleased that Mario (Ismail) wants to join one of the proud nation in the
      world, Afghan. but it is with grave sadness that we Pakhtoon dont need any
      one to divide us, we are good at it ourselves, WE ARE ALL AFGHANS, but
      almost every one call our selves a tribe instead of NATION. So please
      brothers and sisters refrain from the word TRIBE OR QAWM, we are a nation,
      and we are all alike, regardless of where we are. So i would let Dr Ayub as
      president of IPA to invite brother Isamil to be an honary Afghan.
      I personaly thank Isamil Khan for considering to join a poor but PROUD nation.
      Ajmal Khan
      ps: Ismail brother if you change your name from Mario to Isamil, dont forget
      to add Khan to it, becasue as i said we are poor but proud. not having much
      we still consider our slves rich :-o)
    • Pakhtun Zalmay
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2000
        Salamoona Ajmal Khan and other,
        you said it right guloono, we should not divide ourselves in
        different tribes but consider ourselves as one Pakhtun/Afghan nation
        of Islam.
        I want to repost this masterpiece from Wroar Abdul Qayum Mohmand,
        most of us have read it but for the new commers, and it will be good
        reading.
        Khuday pa aman.
        ==============Repost of Abdul Qayum Mohmand letter=============
        Lately there have been talks about Pashtu, Pakhtu, Afghan, Pashtoon,
        Pathan, disunity, our culture, our history, who'a fault is
        it?, tribalism, etc. This discussion is continued on different
        levels.
        Some analyze the topic academically, where others only express their
        emotions and bring no proof or arguments. Feelings and emotions are
        not a bad thing, but it must be accompanied by some logical context.

        We have a responsibility to our people, our land, our children, and
        our current and future generation. Our aim should be to
        unite and educate our people. We should bring our people to the
        standard of the twenty first century, but at the same time be aware
        of
        our identity, culture, dignity and history. The only way we can do
        this is, to do academic research about our history, culture, society
        and social and political construct.

        If we study and analyze the historical construct of Afghan history
        and
        political institution, we will realize and see clearly that foreign
        invaders and internal enemies, under different names and different
        aims, have always tried to disintegrate our people. They have tried,
        and to some extent have succeeded, to create enmity and tribal
        warfare
        among our people.

        Let us consider and analyze some historical facts. First, we are
        being divided into Ghilzaie (Ghiljai) and Durani. The
        word Durani is a name and description which did not exist before
        1747.
        After the Persian army was defeated, the elders from different areas
        gathered in Kandahar to choose a leader. After several days of
        discussion it was up to Sabir Shah Malang to choose the leader of the
        land. Sabir Shah told Ahmad Khan that not only he is the king, but a
        "Durduwran" king. Ahmad Shah Baba corrected the name and called
        himself "Duri-Duran," meaning the noblest of the noble. He than
        changed the name of his Abdali clan to Durani. It is very upsetting
        that our own historians in Afghanistan and Pakistan continue to use
        this incorrect description. Abdali or Durani is only a small branch
        of Pashoons' population.

        Secondly, we are divided into small subdivision such as Hotak,
        Alokozai, Mohmand, Shinwari, Afredi, Safi, Yousefzai, Wardak,
        Zadran, Wazeer, Mangal, Omarkheel and many more names. Each of these
        subdivisions is called Qaum.
        If we look around, do we really see any other nation
        other than the Pashtoon, who is divided so much? We don't need to
        go farther but looking inside our country, we would find Tajik,
        Uzbek, Turkmen and Hazara who are not divided by Qaumiat. If we
        study
        Punjabis and Sindhis, they are divided by social classification such
        as Chawdary, Malik, Raja and some other titles, but they are not
        divided by Qaumiat.

        We should ask ourselves why don't the enemies of the Pashtoon nation
        accept us as one nation? Why are they so desperate to divide us in
        many small "nationalities?" Probably they are afraid of the
        strength of the Pashtoons!
        They know this for a fact, if Pashtoons become united, there will not
        be any obstacle this people can't overcome.
        Let me take you to the times of Emal Khan Mohmand, Darya Khan Afridi
        and Khushal Khan Khattak. At the time when Emal Khan and Darya Khan
        were fighting the Moghols, and Emal Khan was reigning from Peshawar
        Kabul, there were some disagreements and conflicts between Emal Khan
        and Khushal Khan. But after a while, when Khushal Khan Khattak
        realized his mistakes and joined the causes of Emal Khan and Darya
        Khan, the Afghan forces became the strongest in the region and
        defeated the Moghols on several occasions. We know from our history
        that Khushal Khan Khattak, not only became the national hero in our
        fight against the Moghols, but also a star in Pashtu poetry. He
        continued his fight, both with the sword and with the pen. He became
        known as D'Torae Au Qalam Salar.

        Those who desperately want to divide us, do not realize that we
        Pashtoon are one people, coming from one ancestor. The names to
        which they are referring, are the names of our families. I will
        explain this in simple examples. United States is a country
        populated
        by immigrant mainly from Great Britain, France, Holland, Germany,
        Italy and Spain. There are people from many other countries but they
        are not subject to this discussion. For example a family comprising
        of father, mother, four sons and two daughters by the name of
        Johnson,
        emigrated from Great Britain to U.S.A. about four hundred years ago.
        The father established himself and got on with his life. After some
        years the sons grew up and got married. The four sons in turn, each
        had four sons and two daughters. These sons grow up got married and
        each had three sons. The scenario can go on. Assuming this
        situation
        is true for family Schmidt from Germany, Berger from Holland, Milano
        from Italy and so on. Let us consider that after 400 years,
        members in each family are more than a thousand. If we keep each
        family in one town or province and let them continue their life,
        shall
        we call these people of the same ancestors, families, tribes or
        nations. Think about it.

        It is our, the intellectual's, obligation to fight these kinds of
        injustices and ignorance against our nation. It is our job to tell
        our friends and enemies, countries surrounding us and the world that
        we are only one nation, the Afghan nation and our identity are
        described by our Pashtoonwaly. We are made of families that got
        large
        with the time, but we are not small nationalities. We call these
        Koor, Koranay and Kahool. We consist of the Kahool of Hoataks,
        Abdalis, Mangals, Shinwaris, Afridis, Mohmands, Zadrans, Wazeers and
        many more. We are one Afghan. We are one Pashtoons and we will not
        allow anyone to create nationalities in our one nation.

        It is our job to unite our people under one solid and concerned
        leadership and not allow anyone to use our local diversity to divide
        us in small tribes or nationalities. Pashtoons are not the only
        people
        who speak different dialect of their language and who have various
        social activities in their local areas. Throughout the world people
        of one language speak different dialects of the same language. A
        person living in Kiel or Bonn, Germany will have a difficult time
        understanding someone speaking Schwaben (Stuttgart) or Bayerisch
        (Munich).

        All this will lead us to only one question. If we allow other people
        to use us, to devide us, to play with our language or our culture,
        whose fault is it? Theirs or ours?

        Let's get up, get united and make a difference.

        With best regards
        Yours
        Abdul-Qayum Mohmand
      • mario.i.fischer@gmx.at
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2000
          Grano dostano,

          please don`t make any distinction between the different qaums. I ask
          you not to put me into the spotlight. There are other things much more
          of importance.
          It is unislamic to put one`s own person into the foreground. And I
          will never make any difference between a Durrani, Ghilzai, Yusufzai,
          ... Please do not expect that from my person.

          Staso
          Isma`il