Attention to all painters

  • Trimpeach
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2012
      I joined this group hoping to get tips and help from other members.
      The group has so little activity I joined another Yahoo group.

      That group shares weekly photos and anything can be done to them to paint or manipulate. It is a very active group and so many members share their results and techniques. Painter, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop any other software is used. There is no limit.

      If you are interested in manipulating or painting photos, please join me at:

      Peach
    • White Buffalo Calf Woman, your Twin Deer
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2012
        Thanks Peach,
        Will give it a try.
        White Buffalo Calf Woman

        On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 7:07 AM, <painterworld@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        1 New Message

        Digest #3213
        1
        Attention to all painters by "Trimpeach" trimpeach

        Message

        Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:25 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

        "Trimpeach" trimpeach

        I joined this group hoping to get tips and help from other members.
        The group has so little activity I joined another Yahoo group.

        That group shares weekly photos and anything can be done to them to paint or manipulate. It is a very active group and so many members share their results and techniques. Painter, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop any other software is used. There is no limit.

        If you are interested in manipulating or painting photos, please join me at:

        Peach

      • Colette Bezio
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2012
          Does anyone know of a way to convert grey images and gradients to a comic-style screen tone in Painter? Is there a filter or effect for that?

          Colette
        • Jeremy Sutton
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 8, 2012
            Hi Colette,

            If you'd like to get a black and white half-tone screen effect, somewhat similar to the Roy Lichtenstein effect but without color, or to what you see when you magnify a newspaper photo, you can do so in Painter by going to Effects > Esoterica > Pop Art Fill and with the default Using: Image Luminance setting.

            Cheers,

            Jeremy

            --
            Sutton Studios & Gallery
            1890 Bryant Street, Suite 306
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 8, 2012
              Awesome, thanks! Just what I was looking for.

              Colette