Blending the subject with the background .... Help

  • daveandjudigrace
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2012
      Dosent matter what I try, the subjects in my portraits look like they were cut out and pasted onth the background. Anyone suggest a fix for this problem?
      Thank you
      Dave
    • Doug
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2012
        I don't know Dave but what would really help if you would tell us what you're doing..

        --- In painterworld@yahoogroups.com, "daveandjudigrace" <daveandjudigrace@...> wrote:

        > Dosent matter what I try, the subjects in my portraits look like they were cut out and pasted onth the background. Anyone suggest a fix for this problem?
        > Thank you
        > Dave

      • Doug
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2012
          the problem sounds like a luminance problem and because you can't use tools like curves or levels(unless you have photoshop) you might try doing an autopainting using pepper spray as your clone brush or any airbrush that sprays out in small dots.
          again using the autopainting option autopaint using a broad brush sargents is a good one... the copy and paste the autopainted copy on to your original file with a blend mode set at multiply or overlay. Now adjust the opacity and see if that helps. also with the auto painted copy you could soften it which is basically appyling a guassian blur which you can then pay and fiddle around blend modes and the layer opacity.
          if none of these workcheck to see if your light source is different between your background and your subjects because that can really through a piece off.