Insert a GIF file

  • daveandjudigrace
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2012
      Hi,
      I am trying to insert a GIF file I created in Serif PhotoPlus 5X into Painter X but cannot figure out how to do it. I get a message from painter saying the file has a bad header (???)
      Anyone know how to do this?
      Thank you,
      Dave
    • Nick Mellersh
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27, 2012
        My first thought is see if Serif will save it as something else - a TIF say, and try that in Painter.  After that I would see if Irfanview likes it and, if it does, save it as something else in Irfanview and use that.  (Irfanview is a feebee that is very good at handling all sorts of graphic files.)  After that I would give up!
        Nick

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2012
          If it's a free edition from Serif usually their files are uneditable in other applications or that has been my experience you might try converting the gif to a tiff file to keep the transparency then see if it will open in Painter and if it does you can then save as a gif file if the gif format is important to you also you might even try renaming the gif file and see if that works and corrects the bad header. rename it in windows

        • dcfog@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2012
            I LOVE Infranview....it has opened up files that I had no clue what they were or what images they contained.  And the renaming does work for many files once Infranview has opened it!