Re: Cintiq

  • DAN BULLEIT
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2011
      Re: Cintiq

      Anyone using this? Would the 12" size work ok, or do you really NEED to get the bigger one?

      Thanks
    • DAN BULLEIT
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2011
        Anyone using this----do you NEED the larger one or will the 12" be OK.

        Thanks!
      • Doug
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2011
          It should be usable because a 9x12 is almost as big as 14 " laptops also if you need to see it bigger it's easy and fast to zooom

          --- In painterworld@yahoogroups.com, DAN BULLEIT <dbulleit@...> wrote:

          > Anyone using this----do you NEED the larger one or will the 12" be OK.
          >
          > Thanks!

        • Doug
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2011
            Also the 9x12 refers to the active drawing area not the size of the tablet the tablet is larger

            --- In painterworld@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <drbonish@...> wrote:

            > It should be usable because a 9x12 is almost as big as 14 " laptops also if you need to see it bigger it's easy and fast to zooom
          • william ellis
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2011
              If you can afford the larger, go for it. I have the Cintiq, and sometimes find it cramped, with the canvas, brushes, layers and ect. tabs open. The larger size helps me to be more efficient. Efficiency for me equals more profit. It will pay for itself in the long run. I also have an active 27" monitor to expand the size of my workspace. The added space also allows a greater freedom of arm movement with your brush strokes.

              On Oct 31, 2011, at 10:17 AM, Doug wrote:

              Also the 9x12 refers to the active drawing area not the size of the tablet the tablet is larger

              --- In painterworld@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <drbonish@...> wrote:

              > It should be usable because a 9x12 is almost as big as 14 " laptops also if you need to see it bigger it's easy and fast to zooom

            • Jeremy Sutton
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 31, 2011
                Hi, I echo William's comment - if you can afford it the extra screen real estate on the 21 inch Cintiq21UX is well worth it and I find much more comfortable for working with Painter than working with the 12 inch model. Incidentally I just saw the newest Wacom Cintiq, the Cintiq24HD, at PhotoPlus Expo in New York. It's quite phenomenal - not only a larger screen but many more programmable Express Keys and more versatility for positioning the tablet as you paint on it. The price difference between the 21 and 24 models is roughly $2K versus $2.4K.

                You may also wish to consider the option of a larger Intuos4 tablet and a separate flat screen display.

                Cheers,