20281Re: [PAINTERWORLD] Problem with fonts/text in Painter X3 & P 12 - ALL CAPS

  • Jeremy Sutton
    Dec 14, 2013
      Hi Linda,

      I'm using Mac OS 10.9 and Painter X3 and created three text layers, each with different fonts. What I found is that the lower case / capitalization was fine, but the font you see listed in the Text Tool Property Bar does NOT automatically change to match what the current font is in the active text layer. It can be very confusing. You can still type with the correct font in any given layer but the font shown doesn't necessarily correspond to that font! It is only when you change the listed font that the entire text in the active text layer all changes to the new font. I agree this needs some clean up:-)

      Cheers,

      Jeremy

      On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM, <lindaalevy1984@...> wrote:

      I'm on a PC, running Windows Vista, and have the same problem on X3 and 12.  I've reinstalled and patched, and the text works fine ONCE, then reverts back to ALL CAPS, no matter what I am doing.    It also doesn't identify the font....I have a .rif file with the text in layers, and in P-11, you select the text layer, and it shows you what font you used.  Now, in both X3 and P-12, it just shows the 1st font in the list.

      I have a student who is using a MAC who also has this problem.

      I wrote to Corel Help, and they told me to reinstall, cleanup, etc., and I did all that they asked, and still have the problem.  Makes both versions unusable for graphic design, so I'm still using P-11 to do most of my work.  And despite my many communications with the Corel Help, they are unresponsive.

      Any suggestions are gratefully received.  Thanks

      --
      Sutton Studios & Gallery
      1890 Bryant Street #306

      jeremy@jeremysutton