First Topic

  • Snow
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 19, 2005
      For our first topic I thought we could tell each other a little bit
      about our personal paths. Oh by the way I was thinking about making
      some guidlines for the group but once I get something made I will post
      it and see if everyone agrees. I mean little things like how long we
      have to respond to a topic and when and if we meet. Also if anyone has
      any ideas feel free to post to this Listserv we would all love to hear
      them.
    • starsoversaturn
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 20, 2005
        Sounds like a great idea. Let's get everyone together and work out the
        details (rules, discussion groups, etc).
        Saturn ^ ^
      • Aimee Wilkerson
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 21, 2005
          Agreed; this is something we should talk about in person. Were it more
          than just us three, I'd say it could help avoid prolonged arguement ^^;
          So once there are more people, or are we pretty much it for now?

          --- In paganstudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "starsoversaturn"
          <starsoversaturn@g...> wrote:

          > Sounds like a great idea. Let's get everyone together and work out the
          > details (rules, discussion groups, etc).
          > Saturn ^ ^

        • Snow
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 21, 2005
            (I hit the back button and have to start over :( )

            Anyway there should be Lexi, Kain and Cass to go as far as I know. I
            work monday-thursday and saturday from 6:30pm to 12:30am. The
            mentioned will be meeting at our apartment on the 30th for samhain
            sometime in the afternoon since I work on monday's. Not sure if Cass
            can make it though. As far as the first topic goes don't worry take
            your time. I'm having a hard time putting what I know into words.
            Thats why I'm thinking of making a list of questions for each topic.
            At the end there would be a section for someone to put their personal
            thoughts. You know actually talk instead of answering pre-made
            questions. I just thought the questions might help is all and if we
            did do it its not as though using the questions as a guid is mandatory
            (yay free will!). Anyway we can all vote on this when ever we meet.

            Blessed Be
            Snow

            --- In paganstudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Aimee Wilkerson"
            <q2br02b@y...> wrote:

            > Agreed; this is something we should talk about in person. Were it
            more
            > than just us three, I'd say it could help avoid prolonged arguement
            ^^;
            > So once there are more people, or are we pretty much it for now?
            >

            > --- In paganstudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "starsoversaturn"
            > <starsoversaturn@g...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Sounds like a great idea. Let's get everyone together and work
            out the
            > > details (rules, discussion groups, etc).
            > > Saturn ^ ^

          • Patricia Rowell
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 21, 2005
              There are actually seven of us. We just haven't gotten around to inviting everyone to be part of the list yet. I've been studying, job hunting, working for the county as a Sub, exhausted and Chris has had school, setting-up the list, and training for his new job. But I promise you that we will get everything sent out and everyone together for a meet-up soon. How have you been?
              Trish ^  ^

              <starsoversaturn@g...> wrote:

              > Sounds like a great idea. Let's get everyone together and work out the
              > details (rules, discussion groups, etc).
              > Saturn  ^   ^

              Paganism Beliefs Religion
              Beyond belief

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • Weryn Kithlar
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 22, 2005
                Awesome, I can't wait to meet everyone. You've talked about them so much ^^

                How did the cat passing go? Did the altar cloth help at all? I know it's odd to use other people's stuff, but most of mine I've worked into group objects...part of the whole "high priestess" training, I guess...what is sacred to you becomes sacred to the group energy. Another part of that is the energy channeling...remember how my wand sucked energy? Well, I was trying very hard during the last rit to not do the same ^^; Not that I suck it, just I was trained to channel it to the gods...if that makes sense. In the Druid Gorsedd, the archdruid and high priestess (if there is one) act as a focal point to direct the energy of the circle skywards, creating a "cone" of energy that reaches up and spirals out, keeping everyone both centered in the otherworld (protecting this world) and helping keep the lines of communication between ourselves and the gods clear, as it were. It's different...but can be so very powerful. I guess the main difference is that you don't really do something like that to change anything in this world, but rather change just yourself. But that's why we gather in stones (to help keep the circle clearly marked and to act as a spiritual and physical barrier if things should fall apart, and to help resonate the energy, pretty much) and on a hilltop (natural cone).

                Sorry, don't know if that made any sense...might be better to explain in person, if I was terribly unclear...

                Anyways, it's terribly draining physically, mentally, spiritually...but so completely worth it! But it takes practice...and is a hard habit to break. That's one reason I have so very much trouble grounding after any ritual, and one reason I snap into trance so easily.

                Wow that was a long bit...basically I just mean to say, don't ever be afraid to ask to borrow something. Some things I don't mind passing around, but don't want used, like my wand...some things are pretty open, like the cloth or my candles and stones...then my tarot, ogham, robes, instruments, and a couple other things are pretty private.

                Oh! And I'm working on memorizing and meditating on norse runes, making them my own if you will, to make my own set of rune stones...if anyone wants to join me, I'd love to make it a project.

                Anyways, I'm off Wednesday and Thursday, I think...call me if you have time ^_^

                Aimee

                <starsoversaturn@g...> wrote:

                > Sounds like a great idea. Let's get everyone together and work out the
                > details (rules, discussion groups, etc).
                > Saturn  ^   ^

                PaganismBeliefsReligion
                Beyond belief

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              • Snow
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 31, 2005
                  Well to get things started I started my path when I was ten
                  (10) years old. It was either the fourth or the fifth grade when a
                  teacher decided to assign us the task of looking up our family
                  history. I found out that my family came from Ireland. All my mother
                  knows, by the way she is an armature genealogist, is that my great,
                  great, great, etc grandfather stepped off the boat in Maryland. I
                  looked up Ireland and I ran across an article on Druids, lucky for me
                  it was a nice article on druids because I have found many rather nasty
                  ones, and at that moment, I was just entranced. I had to know more
                  about my family, Ireland, Druids and later The Children of Danu. It is
                  at this point I should point out my personal deity is Lugh Lamhfada, I
                  just call him Lugh. When I was young, I seemed to love fire. I loved
                  everything about it. The way it could be either a blazing heat or a
                  warming flame. Whenever I am near fire, an open flame that is, I
                  always feel better, like its giving me strength even if I don't ask
                  for it. After reading about Paganism when I was twelve (12) or
                  thirteen (13), I'm not to sure it could have been anywhere from ten
                  (10) threw fifteen (15) really, I had discovered that I have been
                  absorbing the fires elemental fire energy almost all my life. This
                  makes sense because I was born dead center in Leo and Lugh just seemed
                  to pick me.

                  As for how my path is now, I am very much eclectic. I love learning
                  new things in any path and try to adapt it to my own ways; I believe
                  that there is something to be said about following a pre-mandated way
                  of doing something. I also believe there is something to be said about
                  making your own ways. I follow the Celtic pantheon, such as Lugh
                  (sun), Dagda (earth) and Anu (moon). I seem to easily attune to this
                  pantheon; maybe it has something to do with my family's Irish roots.

                  Well that is all I can think of for now. Bye the way I know its now
                  November the first but yesterday, October thirty-first, was Samhain
                  but it was also the day of the battle for Inisfail. I just want to
                  take a moment to remember The Children of Danu that lost their lives
                  at the hands of The Children of Domnu. Their sacrifice bought Lugh the
                  time he needed to break out of prison they, The Children of Danu, put
                  him in for his own safety so that he could make it to the battlefield
                  in time to slay his uncle Balor.

                  (NOTE: as this paper was written around 12:45 am and I have
                  not been able to leave my desk since 9:30 pm expect typos.)