Good-bye

  • Amie Fournier-Flather
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
      Thank you, Gordon, for the invite but I just can't stick around here any longer.

      I am just your standard down & dirty mudbog pagan and there is just too much new age-y feel-good fluffiness love and light here for me. I will end up getting myself in trouble if I stick around.

      -Amie
      --
      http://amiedesigns.com
      Web & print - for all your design needs!

      My artwork:
      http://amiesan.deviantart.com

      Experiencing paranormal activity? We can help! Choose a team! ;-)
      Southern Michigan ParaNormals
      http://www.smparanormals.com
      OR
      South-Central Michigan Paranormal Society
      http://www.southmipi.com

    • east west

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
          HAHA WOOHOO!!!

          Now that sounds like it might have a little too much sand fer traction!

          With laughter,
          Fuzzy Bunny Nut Black Witchy Bat

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
            --- In pagansoftheworld@yahoogroups.com, east west <guilbeau31@...> wrote:

            > First off, you are just stereotyping us. Fluffiness are the ones who
            are fakers . That goes around and tells everybody by being a troll.
            And have you ever heard of 3-folds? If you want to b a mud-dog pagan,
            good luck when you get into a situation of some chaos witch put a dark
            cloud over you. Then don't come back and cry to us saying I'm an bad
            girl witch waaaa. New age? keep your opinionsto yourself. I bet you
            have a lot of items that are new age

            Wow-what happened to tolerance-and everyone has a right to their
            opinion without attacking? This is becoming like all the rest of the
            forums around-it seems no one wants to hear, listen or learn-their way
            is the only way-well that's why most have found the path, to be
            individuals yet be accepted. So I agree with those that are leaving
            and I join their ranks-I have been practicing-teaching and learning
            for over 33 years-and maybe with age comes understanding.
            Witdove

            > Thank you, Gordon, for the invite but I just can't
            stick�around�here any longer.
            > I am just your standard down & dirty mudbog pagan and there is just
            too much new age-y feel-good fluffiness love and light here for me. I
            will end up getting myself in trouble if I stick around.

            > -Amie
            > --
            > http://amiedesigns. com
            > Web & print - for all your design needs!
            >
            > My artwork:
            > http://amiesan. deviantart. com
            >

            > Experiencing paranormal activity? We can help! Choose a team! ;-)
            > Southern Michigan ParaNormals
            > http://www.smparano rmals.com
            > OR
            > South-Central Michigan Paranormal Society
            >
            > http://www.southmip i.com

          • east west
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009

              Ok, here's my tolerance. I don't believe in ignorance. And I'm with her then I'm leaving. I wasn't even attacking, if you called that attacking then I have no idea.
              > First off, you are just stereotyping us. Fluffiness are the ones who
              are fakers . That goes around and tells everybody by being a troll.
              And have you ever heard of 3-folds? If you want to b a mud-dog pagan,
              good luck when you get into a situation of some chaos witch put a dark
              cloud over you. Then don't come back and cry to us saying I'm an bad
              girl witch waaaa. New age? keep your opinionsto yourself. I bet you
              have a lot of items that are new age

            • Gordon Ireland
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
                THIS IS NOT THE PLAY NICE ATTITUDE I WAS HOPING FOR, JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING THAT IS VIEWED AS "SNARKY": DOES NOT MEAN WE HAVE TO RESPOND THAT WAY - LETS ALL TRY TO PRETEND WE ARE THE ADULTS MOST OF US CLAIM TO BE AND NOT JUNIOR HIGH SCHOLARS

                GORDON
[...]

                Checked by AVG.
              • j0stories1
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
                  It is my opinion that every faith or path, no matter what it is, is
                  going to have its share of friction. Its human nature. Anytime
                  there are a group of people who get together, inevitably, conflict
                  will happen. What we do with that conflict is what matters. If
                  someone chooses to leave, no matter what reason they might have, I
                  say Bon Voyage and well wishes. I don't judge, or at least I try not
                  to. Sometimes we all act like children. its learning to laugh at
                  that that separates us from other patriarchal faiths.

                  BB
                  Lady Hawke.
                  --- In pagansoftheworld@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Ireland"
                  <gireland@...> wrote:

                  > THIS IS NOT THE PLAY NICE ATTITUDE I WAS HOPING FOR, JUST BECAUSE
                  SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING THAT IS VIEWED AS "SNARKY": DOES NOT MEAN WE
                  HAVE TO RESPOND THAT WAY - LETS ALL TRY TO PRETEND WE ARE THE ADULTS
                  MOST OF US CLAIM TO BE AND NOT JUNIOR HIGH SCHOLARS

                  > GORDON

                  2/27/2009 1:27 PM

                • Davida Lynne Piper
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009

                    Merry meet,

                    What ever happened to the Wiccan Rede:Harm none,do as ye wilt!People have the right to their opinions though we might not like them.We have to accept different view points rather they be good or bad.

                    Blessed be,

                    Davida

                    --- In pagansoftheworld@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Ireland" <gireland@...> wrote:

                    > THIS IS NOT THE PLAY NICE ATTITUDE I WAS HOPING FOR, JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING THAT IS VIEWED AS "SNARKY": DOES NOT MEAN WE HAVE TO RESPOND THAT WAY - LETS ALL TRY TO PRETEND WE ARE THE ADULTS MOST OF US CLAIM TO BE AND NOT JUNIOR HIGH SCHOLARS
                    >
                    > GORDON

                  • Maggie
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
                      Hello everyone,
                      I am new here so I didn't see a lot of what has happened.
                      But I do agree that everyone has the right to their own opinion.
                      I wanted to join to see what things were all about.
                      I am a fairly new witch myself having only been in the craft since
                      June 2006. Some of you have been born into the craft, which I think
                      is wonderful.
                      I'm also sorry to see some of you are leaving. We will be sorry to
                      see you leave I'm sure.
                      I like what Gordon said about the play nice attitude. Come one
                      children let's play nice.
                      Hope everyone has a nice day
                      Maggie

                      --- In pagansoftheworld@yahoogroups.com, "Davida Lynne Piper"

                    • MARUSASMA@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
                        Hi All!  Having read all the postings, I'm sorry that people who disagree want to leave the group.  Everybody has a reason for leaving or staying.  It is understandable, but to leave because one disagrees leaves a lot to be desired.  One of the reasons that I like this group is the diversity of it.  There is no "right" or "wrong" way as there are many paths to the I AM, God/Goddess.  Religion is like a rainbow.  There are many colors or pathways to the source.  I left mainstream Christianity because I cannot tolerate that there is only one way.  Its so narrow minded.  Yet, if you really look at religions and the belief systems within them, ultimately, they all have the same type of foundation, it is only an interpretation that groups of people follow. There is Truth to be found in everything.  Sometimes when I'm reading a book it doesn't resonnate with me.  I shelve it for another time and then may take another look at it.  Maybe the time wasn't right the first time through.  Maybe the lesson that I had to learn was to be learned later.  Point is, people are going to disagree.  That's human nature.  That is why we are all here.  Everybody has their own truths whether they belong to an organized group or whether they are just solitaries.  You can ask 10 people about what is right and what is wrong and ultimately you will get 10 different answers.  That's the beauty of it.  Regardless, may the Light of the Lord and Lady shine down upon you and light your pathway.  Lady Fire Star
                      • MAUREEN PEREZ
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
                          well said

                          kesi

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
                            I'm totally with you, Gordon.

                            kesi

                            <gireland@.. .> wrote:

                            > THIS IS NOT THE PLAY NICE ATTITUDE I WAS HOPING FOR, JUST BECAUSE
                            SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING THAT IS VIEWED AS "SNARKY": DOES NOT MEAN WE
                            HAVE TO RESPOND THAT WAY - LETS ALL TRY TO PRETEND WE ARE THE ADULTS
                            MOST OF US CLAIM TO BE AND NOT JUNIOR HIGH SCHOLARS

                            > GORDON

                            2/27/2009 1:27 PM

                          • Laima
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
                              Im getting in at a rather late time in the topic of those leaving the
                              list, don't know how it started, but'could not keep my fingers and
                              mind from asnwering......

                              Gordon is right and we need to act like adults and not children who
                              will take their bat home (read I'm leaving) when things don't go
                              their way or something someone says what can or may be perceived as
                              cirtism or not of the same viewpoint...

                              Jumble of thought next---Now someone mentioned fluffiness- that I
                              think is a perceived concept of a newbie, someone who has not yet
                              recognized that to know good one needs to understand evil.
                              Fluffbuniies are not necesarily fakers, just, IMO, people who have not
                              gone very far in their learning about spiritual paths. Also, not all
                              choaos witches are evil, again that is sterotyping. And ethics is a
                              grey line everytime someone does or performs some act or working.

                              And nothing wrong with getting into the dirt and being a muddog - like
                              to raise herbs myself and go rock hunting, if I understood the
                              original posting form the "muddog pagan".

                              Also, don't think that Wiccan Rede need apply here- not all here are
                              Wiccans, that's why the group is Pagans of the world - right?. The
                              rede could though apply as a general rule of thumb for courtesys sake.

                              Char