A thought on New Mexico

  • Crick
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2010
      Just a thought, I wonder what would have happened if the Native Americans had rejected the new comers in the same way that the New Mexico law wants to reject immigrants...
    • Red Thorian
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2010
        We live in a completely different world than the Native Americans lived.  Then again I do believe that some did have violent reaction to the immigrants.

        Then again I am not sure what New Mexico Law on immigration you are referencing.  I am sure we will be arguing Arizona's new immigration law but I do believe it is their right to pass such a law and that it is not unconstitutional.  I live there for a few years and can tell you that there is an issue with illegal immigrants in the US and that it is detrimental to the economy and society.  Especially when I talk with legal immigrants and they inform me that illegals file tax returns getting thousands of dollars for their family that currently live in other countries or they use someone's social security number their by messing up their lives when they file tax returns.  No one wants to take the necessary steps to remove the problem and when someone or government tries something everyone jumps all over it because they think it is wrong and inappropriate to remove a criminal element from our streets.

        Illegal aliens are not here by following the laws, hence the term illegal.

      • whiteoak50@charter.net
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2010
          I have to completely agree here. And remember, the Native Americans were slaughtered when they graciously welcomed the white man to their lands. And every treaty since has been broken...by the white man.

          ---- Red Thorian <redthorian@...> wrote:
          > We live in a completely different world than the Native Americans lived.
          > Then again I do believe that some did have violent reaction to the
          > immigrants.
          >
          > Then again I am not sure what New Mexico Law on immigration you are
          > referencing. I am sure we will be arguing Arizona's new immigration law but
          > I do believe it is their right to pass such a law and that it is not
          > unconstitutional. I live there for a few years and can tell you that there
          > is an issue with illegal immigrants in the US and that it is detrimental to
          > the economy and society. Especially when I talk with legal immigrants and
          > they inform me that illegals file tax returns getting thousands of dollars
          > for their family that currently live in other countries or they use
          > someone's social security number their by messing up their lives when they
          > file tax returns. No one wants to take the necessary steps to remove the
          > problem and when someone or government tries something everyone jumps all
          > over it because they think it is wrong and inappropriate to remove a
          > criminal element from our streets.
          >
          > Illegal aliens are not here by following the laws, hence the term illegal.
          >
          > On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Crick <Crickjump@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Just a thought, I wonder what would have happened if the Native Americans
          > > had rejected the new comers in the same way that the New Mexico law wants to
          > > reject immigrants...

        • Gordon Ireland
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2010

            Then Again the South West Natives were not all that open to Whites moving in, bringing down property values etc

            ---- Red Thorian <redthorian@pffwm. org> wrote:
            > We live in a completely different world than the Native Americans lived.
            > Then again I do believe that some did have violent reaction to the
            > immigrants.
            >
            > Then again I am not sure what New Mexico Law on immigration you are
            > referencing. I am sure we will be arguing Arizona's new immigration law but
            > I do believe it is their right to pass such a law and that it is not
            > unconstitutional. I live there for a few years and can tell you that there
            > is an issue with illegal immigrants in the US and that it is detrimental to
            > the economy and society. Especially when I talk with legal immigrants and
            > they inform me that illegals file tax returns getting thousands of dollars
            > for their family that currently live in other countries or they use
            > someone's social security number their by messing up their lives when they
            > file tax returns. No one wants to take the necessary steps to remove the
            > problem and when someone or government tries something everyone jumps all
            > over it because they think it is wrong and inappropriate to remove a
            > criminal element from our streets.
            >
            > Illegal aliens are not here by following the laws, hence the term illegal.
            >
            > On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Crick <Crickjump@aol. com> wrote:
            >

            > > Just a thought, I wonder what would have happened if the Native Americans
            > > had rejected the new comers in the same way that the New Mexico law wants to
            > > reject immigrants.. .

          • Raven Blackrose
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2010
              Actually it's Arizona

              Please help my sister in her time of need !!!!!
              www.freestephaniebuchanan.com

              A Little Nonsense Now And Then...
              Is Cherished By The Wisest Men...
              Willy Wonka

              Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus
              (Never Tickle A Sleeping Dragon)

              "I Know Some Things That You Don't,
              I've Done Things That You Won't,
              There's Nothing Like A Trail Of Blood
              To Find Your Way Back Home"

              Life Is Beautiful - Sixx A.M.

              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2010
                And that makes a difference???

                A Mega Pagan store. Quality items for the discerning Pagan
                Whispering Woods. A comprehensive Pagan website

              • Crickjump@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2010
                  And what made the Puritans legal coming to this country? Such an attitude is why Christians now rule this country. To the conquerers go the power to make the rules I suppose...

                  Illegal aliens are not here by following the laws, hence the term illegal.

                  A Mega Pagan store. Quality items for the discerning Pagan
                  Whispering Woods. A comprehensive Pagan website

                  I have to completely agree here. And remember, the Native Americans were slaughtered when they graciously welcomed the white man to their lands. And every treaty since has been broken...by the white man.

                  ---- Red Thorian <redthorian@pffwm. org> wrote:
                  > We live in a completely different world than the Native Americans lived.
                  > Then again I do believe that some did have violent reaction to the
                  > immigrants.
                  >
                  > Then again I am not sure what New Mexico Law on immigration you are
                  > referencing. I am sure we will be arguing Arizona's new immigration law but
                  > I do believe it is their right to pass such a law and that it is not
                  > unconstitutional. I live there for a few years and can tell you that there
                  > is an issue with illegal immigrants in the US and that it is detrimental to
                  > the economy and society. Especially when I talk with legal immigrants and
                  > they inform me that illegals file tax returns getting thousands of dollars
                  > for their family that currently live in other countries or they use
                  > someone's social security number their by messing up their lives when they
                  > file tax returns. No one wants to take the necessary steps to remove the
                  > problem and when someone or government tries something everyone jumps all
                  > over it because they think it is wrong and inappropriate to remove a
                  > criminal element from our streets.
                  >
                  > Illegal aliens are not here by following the laws, hence the term illegal.
                  >
                  > On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Crick <Crickjump@aol. com> wrote:
                  >

                  > > Just a thought, I wonder what would have happened if the Native Americans
                  > > had rejected the new comers in the same way that the New Mexico law wants to
                  > > reject immigrants.. .

                • Cindy
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2, 2010
                    >>Just a thought, I wonder what would have happened if the Native Americans had rejected the new comers in the same way that the New Mexico law wants to reject immigrants.. .<<

                    It's Arizona; not New Mexico.

                    As a New Mexican, living in Roswell,

                     Cindy
                  • Cindy
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 2, 2010
                      >>And that makes a difference?? ?<<

                      Yes it does since NM did not enact the law for our state.

                      Cindy
                    • Crickjump@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 2, 2010
                        Ok lets be anal. It was obviously a typo. End of drama...