Welcome

  • Gordon Ireland
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12, 2009
      This is a new egroup, been posting and involved in a Michigan based
      Pagan egroup for ten years, decided it was time to find out what the
      rest of the country is doing and world for that matter

      Gordon
    • Barbara Valasek
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 12, 2009
        --- In pagansoftheworld@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Ireland"
        <gireland@...> wrote:

        > This is a new egroup, been posting and involved in a Michigan based
        > Pagan egroup for ten years, decided it was time to find out what the
        > rest of the country is doing and world for that matter
        >
        > Gordon

        Good day to all,

        Want to than you for the invite to join. I live in Phoenix, Az.

        Blessed be )O(
      • john morris
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 12, 2009
          I'd love to hear more from you. What kind of contributions would be best for you?  .... John M....

          > This is a new egroup, been posting and involved in a Michigan based
          > Pagan egroup for ten years, decided it was time to find out what the
          > rest of the country is doing and world for that matter
          >
          > Gordon

          Good day to all,

          Want to than you for the invite to join. I live in Phoenix, Az.

          Blessed be )O(

        • eloreenmoonstar
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 16, 2009
            Hello and merry meet. I'm in Atlanta, GA.

            Eloreen

            <gireland@...> wrote:

            > This is a new egroup, been posting and involved in a Michigan based
            > Pagan egroup for ten years, decided it was time to find out what the
            > rest of the country is doing and world for that matter
            >
            > Gordon

          • Melissa Sharp
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 7, 2009
              Congratulations to you. I am sure you will enjoy your time here, it is very entertaining, educational, and sometimes heated, but there is always something going on in this group so enjoy.

              If you don't mind me asking how did you lose your daughter? that must have been so hard for you to deal with, I have a daughter and can't imagine being without her, even though she drives me nuts sometimes with her attitude and such. She is a teenager, need I say more LOL, some of you know what I am talking about. Well everyone have a terrific week.

            • Krystall F.
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 9, 2009
                 Thank you for the welcome! I'm sure I'll enjoy the group very much :)

                Oh. My daughter. It was my first pregnancy and I wound up with toxemia. I almost died and they had to do an emergency c-section. She got fluid in her brain from having been without oxygen while I had the seizures that almost killed me. She lived for two months and then was gone. I still think the hospital dropped the ball somewhere. From things the pediatrician had said to me (which I thought over after I was done being numb and had a little distance), I realize that they likely considered her a "lost cause"...he actually tried to convince us to put her in a home (24/7) because he decided she MUST have brain damage and it would be too much for us to handle.

                At the time I was deeply offended by his attitude, but I was so worried and overwrought with worry for my daughter, I barely noticed him beyond wanting him to go fall in a hole.

                It's been 20 years this past February (her birth month), but it's sometimes still as painful as it was then. I honestly thought it would get "easier" with the passage of time, but it really doesn't like you think it does when you haven't lost a child. I lost my grandfather when I was 7 and he was my whole world. I still miss him but the pain is really not there any more like it was when I was a kid. I figured it would be something like that...but it really isn't.

                I now have two wonderful daughters and, in fact, my oldest just had a beautiful little girl (in February, no less), so I am pleased I have them. But it doesn't replace her (not that I would have imagined it would, but I guess there's no preparing for certain things). Sometimes when I look at them, I wonder what she'd be like...and that's probably the most painful part of it.

                But, I'm getting myself all worked up. This time of year is usually hard for me. Most years, April is a month I try to get through as quickly and blindly as possible. But I figured this would be a bad year anyway (what with my grandbaby being born two days after my firstborn), so maybe I can get the grieving out now.

                But, yeah, I can definitely empathize with the teen thing. My oldest is now in college and a new mother...that's creepy enough. But my youngest (still the "baby" to me) is now almost a teen and it's freaking me out :D

                Anyway. I need to get to bed. I've got to be up super early tomorrow. Have a good night, all, and a happy week (and weekend).

                Krystall

                8a. Welcome
                   Posted by: "Melissa Sharp" counselor627@... counselor627
                   Date: Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:10 am ((PDT))
                Congratulations to you. I am sure you will enjoy your time here, it is very entertaining, educational, and sometimes heated, but there is always something going on in this group so enjoy.

                If you don't mind me asking how did you lose your daughter? that must have been so hard for you to deal with, I have a daughter and can't imagine being without her, even though she drives me nuts sometimes with her attitude and such. She is a teenager, need I say more LOL, some of you know what I am talking about. Well everyone have a terrific week.
                ==

                --
                "Sexism goes so deep that at first it's hard to see; you think it's just reality."
                - Alix Kates Shulman, from Burning Questions (1978)
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 11, 2009
                  Krystal, I really understand where you are coming from.
                  April is my bad month too. I lost my one and only 17 years ago now and I too am still in grief. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of my son. My water broke at 5 months and wasn't diagnosed and the amneotic sack became infected. My son was born a month later at 6 months. I was in the hospital in Joliet while he was rushed to a neo-natal hospital 30 miles away. I wasn't there for his baptism or the first 5 days of his life.  His lungs weren't developed enough so when he began hemoraging in his lungs they got too clogged and he couldn't get oxygen. He died when he was 6 days old. The first time I was able to hold him was as they disconnected him from the machines and he died in my arms.

                  I still get all choked up with newborns. I couldn't even attend my great-nephews babtism 3 years ago, he was born the day before my baby's birthday. Once they get a little older it's ok and I love them dearly but those little ones.  My husband and I still put that day aside and after visiting the cemetary we spend the day walking in the woods.

                  This event was the beginning of the turning point for me. We had gone through years of infertility treatment in order to get pregnant and spent many more afterwards without my getting pregnant again. Although we had been very active the Lutheran Church (teaching Sunday School, singing in the choir, serving on the Church Council) I could no longer believe in the Christian idea of a fatherly God that looked after us and was involved in our lives. My husband was always interested in psychic phenomonon and the occult and a year later he convinced me to attend the Pan Pagan Festival. I liked the people and sat and talked with a couple all weekend. We later started taking lessons from them and have since been initiated as Priest and Priestess.

                  Cheryl

                  The MAGICKAL MALL Al & Cheryl Feyen Romeoville, IL http://www.themagickalmall.com

                  .