Is this going to become another paid holiday for state workers?

  • notoriousactivist
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/BI/BT/2005/0/HR0655P3740.HTM

      THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF PENNSYLVANIA

      ----------

      HOUSE RESOLUTION
      No. 655 Session of 2006

      ----------

      INTRODUCED BY PYLE, ADOLPH, ARMSTRONG, BALDWIN, BEBKO-JONES,
      BELFANTI, BEYER, CALTAGIRONE, CAPPELLI, CAUSER, CORNELL,
      CRAHALLA, DENLINGER, DERMODY, DeWEESE, DIVEN, J. EVANS,
      FABRIZIO, FICHTER, FORCIER, GEIST, GERGELY, GINGRICH,
      GODSHALL, GOOD, GRUCELA, HARHART, HARPER, HARRIS, HASAY,
      HENNESSEY, HESS, HUTCHINSON, JAMES, KAUFFMAN, LEH, MAHER,
      MANN, McILHATTAN, McILHINNEY, METCALFE, MICOZZIE, MYERS,
      NAILOR, PALLONE, QUIGLEY, RAPP, REICHLEY, ROBERTS, ROHRER,
      SAYLOR, SCAVELLO, B. SMITH, SONNEY, STABACK, E. Z. TAYLOR,
      THOMAS, WATERS, WILLIAMS, YOUNGBLOOD, YUDICHAK AND ZUG,
      MARCH 17, 2006

      ----------

      REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON STATE GOVERNMENT, MARCH 17, 2006

      ----------

      A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

      1 Designating September 11 as a State holiday in the
      Commonwealth
      2 of Pennsylvania.

      3 WHEREAS, There can be no greater tragedy than the
      intentional
      4 taking of innocent lives; and
      5 WHEREAS, On September 11, 2001, Al Qaeda terrorists
      hijacked
      6 and intentionally flew two planes into the twin towers of the
      7 World Trade Center in Manhattan and hijacked and crashed a
      third
      8 aircraft into the United States Department of Defense
      9 headquarters at the Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia;
      and
      10 WHEREAS, The same terrorist group hijacked a fourth
      airliner
      11 and crashed it into a field in Somerset County despite
      passenger
      12 attempts to combat the terrorists and regain control of the
      13 airliner; and

      ----------

      1 WHEREAS, These attacks claimed 2,986 innocent lives,
      becoming
      2 the most devastating attack on our American soil in our 229
      year
      3 history; and
      4 WHEREAS, Many individuals unselfishly gave their lives in
      5 unyielding courage and sacrifice with the passenger resistance
      6 that occurred on United Airlines Flight 93 in Somerset County,
      7 Pennsylvania; and
      8 WHEREAS, Their acts of courage and sacrifice for country
      are
      9 worthy of acknowledgment and commendation, and they shall
      remain
      10 in our hearts and minds forever, their remembrance continuing
      11 be passed on to future generations; and
      12 WHEREAS, September 11, 2006, marks the fifth anniversary of
      13 the attacks, which should never be forgotten; therefore be it
      14 RESOLVED (the Senate concurring), That the General Assembly
      15 designate September 11 as a State holiday to honor those
      persons
      16 who lost their lives in the September 11, 2001, attacks and
      who
      17 made the ultimate sacrifice for our country fighting the war
      on
      18 terrorism; and be it further
      19 RESOLVED, That the General Assembly encourage all schools,
      20 public offices and businesses to suspend operations or pause
      in
      21 a moment of silence to reflect upon the tragedy and the
      22 sacrifices made on September 11, 2001, and to further remember
      23 the families of those persons who perished and all of our
      fellow
      24 citizens affected by this event.