Re: Public integrity issues to the forefront

  • lexsync54
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
      Michele:

      I do not share you interest to smear Diamond or anyone that supports
      him. And neither does Timothy Potts.

      And you missed the major point of the article: "Potts wanted Diamond
      in the race because he would have brought public integrity issues to
      the forefront"

      Maybe you and others can expand your smear campaign to include
      Timothy Potts.

      Jay

      --- In pacleansweepuncensored@yahoogroups.com, "kissafrognow"

      http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1154051
      7
      > 1429920.xml&coll=1

    • Carl H. Silverman
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
        I think if Tim had been privy to the internal communications of PCS
        he would have been more hesitant to support Russ, even financially.

        Personally, from my dealings with Tim, I felt he would have been
        a more qualified, if slightly less charismatic, candidate than
        Russ, and I told him that.  But perhaps Tim realized that no
        independent or third party candidate could have stood a chance
        of winning this year (even if they could get on the ballot).  The
        Great Santorum Ouster will simply overshadow interest in
        any other race, and drive the party loyalists to the polls in
        droves.

        But I don't begrudge what Tim did.  We are all so desperate
        for change in PA that sometimes we do things we otherwise
        wouldn't do.

        There was/is still a part of me---albeit an ever decreasing part of me--
        that would have liked to have seen Russ get onto the ballot, if only
         to be a burr up the butt of Rendell and Swann.  But, I also realize
        that Gov. Diamond would have been a disaster, sorry to say.

        <kissafrognow@ ...> wrote:

        > And Jay, we all read that article. Maybe you should have posted
        the
        > whole thing, especially the last paragraph where Russ says he will
        > rejoin the reform movement when he doesn't get the signatures.
        > Surprise, surprise.
        >

        > --- In pacleansweepuncenso red@yahoogroups. com, jmbrindle@ wrote:
        > >
        > > "For Diamond, it's more about encouraging others to run for
        > office..."
        > >
        > > ???

      • kissafrognow
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
          I have no intention of smearing Russ. He doesn't need any help from
          me.....here's a prediction: Russ is going to "dissolve" PACleanSweep
          Inc., and then reconstitute it, just like he tried to before when he
          unsuccessfully tried to kick us off. Maybe, if you're very lucky,
          you will be asked to join. I suggest that you do. Then you can see
          how it really goes when you disagree with HRH.

          Let's see how Russ gets welcomed back into the reformers fold.

          All I asked was that you put in the whole article, not just the bits
          and pieces that serve your needs. My, you guys sure are touchy.

          --- In pacleansweepuncensored@yahoogroups.com, "lexsync54"
          <jay.todd@...> wrote:

          > Michele:
          >
          > I do not share you interest to smear Diamond or anyone that
          supports
          > him. And neither does Timothy Potts.
          >
          > And you missed the major point of the article: "Potts wanted
          Diamond
          > in the race because he would have brought public integrity issues
          > the forefront"
          >
          > Maybe you and others can expand your smear campaign to include
          > Timothy Potts.
          >
          > Jay
          >

          > --- In pacleansweepuncensored@yahoogroups.com, "kissafrognow"
          > <kissafrognow@> wrote:
          > >

          > > And Jay, we all read that article. Maybe you should have posted
          > the
          > > whole thing, especially the last paragraph where Russ says he
          will
          > > rejoin the reform movement when he doesn't get the signatures.
          > > Surprise, surprise.
          > >

          > > --- In pacleansweepuncensored@yahoogroups.com, jmbrindle@ wrote:
          > > >
          > > > "For Diamond, it's more about encouraging others to run for
          > > office..."
          > > >
          > > > ???

          > > > From: "Jay Todd" <jay.todd@>
          > > > Ballot deadline looms for gubernatorial hopeful
          > > > PACleanSweep founder Diamond lacks signatures
          > > > Friday, July 28, 2006
          > > > BY SHARON SMITH
          > > > Of The Patriot-News
          > > >
          > > > Timothy Potts, founder of Democracy Rising, did not circulate
          > > Diamond's petitions. He did, however, give $100 to Diamond's
          > > campaign. Potts wanted Diamond in the race because he would have
          > > brought public integrity issues to the forefront, he said.

          http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1154051
          > 7
          > > 1429920.xml&coll=1

        • Jeff M. Brindle
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
            Well, it looks like Tom Powell did not file, so I will be the only one to
            face off against Hennessey. The Bureau of Elections did f*** up and has my
            name as "Brindependentle, Jeff M." despite all my paperwork being correct.
            I'm calling them first thing tomorrow; will I have a chance to correct this
            or is this what's going to be printed on the ballot?

            - Jeff
          • Carl H. Silverman
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
              Like the PACleanSweep Board of Directors,
              your good name has been split in two by an "independent"!

              I guess that's the closest you'll come to changing your
              party from an S to an I.   hehehehe...

              I can't imagine they won't correct it, unless it was submitted
              that way over your signature.

              Let us know what they say.

              But you have to admit, it's a cool name for a member of
              the BAC.

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 4, 2006
                Brindlependent....that sounds like it's from the movie "The Fly." I
                also saw on the list that Brian Blasko is from the "Go Steelers"
                party......

                --- In pacleansweepuncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Carl H. Silverman"