June Barbershop Harmony Show on June 14

  • Sam Vigil Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2003
      June Barbershop Harmony Show on June 14 ===================================
      News from the Vocal Gentry Barbershop Chorus
      ===================================

      WHY AM I GETTING This?
      You're receiving this email because you attended a Vocal Gentry show
      and gave us your email address, you're a friend of a Vocal Gentry
      member or Top Deck Quartet, or you were given our email address by a
      friend who thought you'd enjoy barbershop harmony.

      PLEASE SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH YOUR FRIENDS WHO ENJOY GOOD MUSIC

      -----------------------------------
      1. Sing It! Show Slated for June 14 at Evergreen High School in Vancouver
      -----------------------------------

      Come see our June show:

      Sing It! -- A musical extravaganza of Barbershop Harmony and a special Patriotic commemoration of Flag Day

      FEATURING:
         * Final Touch –– Outstanding Sweet Adelines Quartet, Region 24 Finalists
         * Top Deck Quartet–– Vocal Gentry’s own
         * The Vocal Gentry Men’s Chorus

      WHEN: Saturday, June 14, 2003, 1:59 pm only

      WHERE: Evergreen High School, 14300 NE 18th St., Vancouver, Wash.
             Visit our web site for a link to a map:
                       http://www.VocalGentry.org/perform-vg.html

      TICKETS:
       -- $ 20 Patron (Includes Preferred Seating; $10 is tax deductible)
       -- $ 9    General
       -- $ 8    Seniors & Students

      *** VISA/MasterCard accepted ***

      To order tickets, call 503.667.9748

      ...or...

      Mail to:

      Vocal Gentry
      c/o D. Salyers
      609 NW 5th Street
      Gresham, OR 97030

      A downloadable PDF of the ticket order form, which you can then print out, is available for download at our web site at: http://www.VocalGentry.org/perform-vg.html

      "Sing It!" is a Portland Rose Festival sanctioned event

      -----------------------------------
      2. Men! Join the Vocal Gentry in a Patriotic Celebration on June Show
      -----------------------------------

      Do you know a man who likes to sing?

      He can join the Vocal Gentry on stage to sing four Patriotic songs as we celebrate Flag Day on our show on June 14.

      Just come learn the songs with us, Patriotic songs that you've already heard!

      See the details on our web site: http://www.VocalGentry.org/perform-vg.html

      Of course, if you know a gentleman who likes to sing, he can come visit us at any time.

      -----------------------------------
      3. Vocal Gentry Meeting Night Changed to Tuesday
      -----------------------------------

      Starting April 8, the Vocal Gentry Chorus will meet on Tuesday (instead of Monday).

      We meet 7-10 pm at the First Presbyterian Church, 4300 Main Street, Vancouver.

      Find us:

      - If you're coming from Portland, take I-5 north to the 39th Street exit. At Main Street, turn right (north), the church is on your left by the crosswalk signal.

      - If you're coming from the north of Vancouver, from I-5 south take the Main Street exit, go through the signal light, and the church is on your right, turn into the parking lot at the crosswalk signal.

      Follow the drive up the hill and "behind" the church to the topmost parking lot. Look for the Vocal Gentry sandwich board sign, and enter the doors by the sign.

      For more information about how to find us, go to our web site:
      http://www.VocalGentry.org/directions.html

      The Vocal Gentry Chorus is the singing chorus of the Greater Portland Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society, SPEBSQSA. Founded in 1985, the Vocal Gentry have performed for a number of events and audiences. We welcome men who like to sing to try us out for three meetings before they decide whether to join us.

      Singing with us also offers the opportunity to improve one’s singing, and leadership opportunities within the organization.

      For more information about singing with the Vocal Gentry, visit our web site at:
      http://www.VocalGentry.org

      For information about how to book a chorus or quartet, visit our web site at:
      http://www.VocalGentry.org/contact-vg.html

      Subscribe/Unsubscribe:

      If you received this from the YahooGroups email list, instructions on how to leave the list are described below.

      Be sure you don’t miss Vocal Gentry announcements: join our regular mailing list (YahooGroups; no, you won’t start receiving email Spam because you join this list, we won’t sell or give away your email address), send a blank email message to:
      Mailto:
      VocalGentry-annc-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      # # #

      - - -
      Sam Vigil Jr.
      Top Deck Quartet http://www.TopDeckQuartet.com/
      Greater Portland (Oregon) Vocal Gentry http://www.VocalGentry.org/
      VP-Marketing & Public Relations

      503.661.2585 ... samvjr@...

      NPR's Present at the Creation: Barbershop Quartets
      http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/patc/barbershop/