Re: [pacificnorthwest-acappella] Digest Number 62

  • A Cappella
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2003

      Well, that's all well and good, but I feel that you are offering a skewed perspective- almost all of those basses listed are from gospel groups.  There are lots more secular a cappella bands out there with KILLER low-men! Barbershop quartets will often show off their basses with some great tags, and some of these modern-day basses aren't even using enhancement (i.e, an octavizer) for their low low sound.

      All I'm asking is for you to add "In My Opinion" when you make a blanket statement like that. Thanks!

       pacificnorthwest-acappella@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Remember This
      From: "lynary "

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:08:41 -0000
      From: "lynary "
      Subject: Remember This

      Here is a list of some of the world's best bass singers:

      1. Tim Storms with Rescue.

      2. Rodney Britt (former Acappella).

      3. Wes McKinzie (former Acappella Vocal Band).

      4. J.D. Sumner.

      5. Tim Riley with Gold City Quartet.

      6. Richard Sterban with Oak Ridge Boys.

      7. George Younce with Cathedrals.