How to get into the college market in 4 steps - by Derek Sivers

  • Jett Black
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2001
      How to get into the college market in 4 steps - by Derek Sivers
      http://www.cdbaby.net/derek/college.htm

      Agent Baby - submits your music to the college market
      http://www.agentbaby.com

      Agent baby website is under RE-construction in prep for upcoming
      submissions details in Decemeber 2001

      Get Insight now into Agent baby and your submissions details via
      these words shared by Derek Sivers, el capitan:

      NEXT YEAR - HOW IT WILL WORK:

      * We'll be glad to critique and improve your video for free, from
      December to May. We'll give tips and suggestions on how to make it
      even better.

      * In May, when it's time to submit to the showcases again, we'll ask
      you more questions on the website, so we have all your answers ready-
      to-go on things like what price you want to charge, the members of
      your band, how you lay out your stage set, etc.

      * We won't ask for any money up-front, until we think your video is a
      sure-fire hit, with a good chance of getting picked. Then we'll let
      you know it's submittable and ask for the $50 that we have to pay
      NACA for your submission.

      * We'll work together with you to craft a killer bio.

      * We'll email you every little step of the way, letting you know
      what's sent, letting you know when we hear back from them, etc.

      WHAT TO DO NOW:

      I'll let everyone know, in December, when we're ready to start
      critiquing videos for you. Until then, my best advice is to have
      someone film any gig you do with great stage lightning (NOT DARK!) -
      and record the sound directly from the board.

      The video really has to be a great lively entertaining 3-4 minute
      sampler showing exactly what your live performance is like.

      If you just shoot lots and lots of great concert footage, with good
      lighting, and good sound, we can worry about editing later.

      Derek Sivers, CD Baby and Agentbaby
      http://www.cdbaby.com
      http://www.agentbaby.com
      email: derek@...

      P.S. As always, I *strongly* recommend doing the college market
      *without* a NACA showcase. Details here:
      http://www.cdbaby.net/derek/college.htm

      =================
      NEW Music Review LINK!!

      MakeAStar.com = Song reviews