Rescue December Newsletter

    Welcome to the e-newsletter for RESCUE. If you are new to this mailing, we are glad you are here! Inside you will find upcoming concerts, the latest news and
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2000
      Rescue monthly newsletter 12/01/00
      — RESCUE monthly e-newsletter (12/01/00) —
      In This Issue:

      Last Chance to vote!!!
      Singing Christmas Tree Recap
      Listen to O Holy Night
      Updated Schedule (Come this Saturday)
      Merry Christmas!

      Welcome to the e-newsletter for RESCUE. If you are new to this mailing, we are glad you are here! Inside you will find upcoming concerts, the latest news and other information that might not be posted on our web site.

      — Link of the Month —

      We thought it would be wonderful for you to know where to find good Christian Music. And you can listen to samples before you buy. Check it out today.

      The deadline is DEC. 15th!!!

      If you haven't already heard, you have a chance to make a difference for our ministry. CASA (The Contemporary A cappella Society of America) has created a new award for 2001. It's entitled "The A cappella Community Award" and you can vote for your favorite group to win this exciting award. Simply download the .pdf:

      Voting Form

      (You will need acrobat reader to open the file. You can download the reader from www.adobe.com. If this fails, feel free to give us a call and we can fax/mail you a copy of the form). 503-730-9874.

      We've had many inquiries as to what category RESCUE fall in. If you would like to vote for us, check the Religious category. You can also vote for Jason Overstreet as your favorite writer or arranger on the form as well. Thank you for your help. The awards will be given at the beginning of next year.

      We were overwhelmed with the experience of being in the Singing Christmas Tree for its 38th year. All that comes to mind is, wow. It was the most beautiful production we have ever seen. For those who were unable to go this year, we urge you to plan ahead and go next year. You will not regret it. It will be a great way to kick off the holidays. Bring a friend who may need to hear the true meaning of Christmas.

      We were blessed to become friends with people in the tree. We were blessed to be able to sing to almost 30,000 people over the ten performances. Most of all, we were privileged to be a small part in spreading the true Christmas story!

      We want to thank everyone involved with the Tree for letting us be a part this year. We feel very honored and accepted. It will be a treasured memory for us.

      If you haven't heard, you can listen to our newly recorded version of O Holy Night on our web site. Just click on the link on the home page. We hope you enjoy it. Let us know your opinions. By the way, we will put this song on our Christmas CD (whenever it comes out in the next year or two) and it is also on this year's Singing Christmas Tree CD.

      December 2nd, 2:00pm (Concert)
      Beaverton Christian Supply
      2785 Cedar Hills Blvd.
      Beaverton, OR 97005

      December 3rd, 9:00am & 10:30am (Concert During Services)
      Tigard Covenant Church
      11321 SW Naeve
      Tigard, OR 97224

      December 4th, 7:00pm (Closed event)
      Remembrance service at Bateman Carrol Funeral Chapel

      December 6th, 7:00pm (Private Concert)
      Springridge at Charbonneau

      December 9th, 7:00pm
      Singing National Anthem and Canadian Anthem
      Memorial Coliseum
      Portland Winterhawks vs. Prince Albert

      December 10th, 10:45am (Special Music during service)
      Hollyview Baptist Church
      14095 SE 257th Ave.
      Boring, OR 97009

      December 10th, 6:00pm (Concert)
      Aloha Foursquare Church
      Reservations required, not held at church building.

      December 16-17th (Christmas Program)
      Creekside Community Church
      1350 Danville Boulevard
      Alamo, CA 94507

      December 29th, 7:00pm
      Blazers vs. Grizzlies
      Singing National Anthem and Canadian Anthem
      Rose Garden

      For a full listing of Rescue's schedule go to:

      Dates have a slight possibility of changing so it is a good idea to call the location a few days prior to the event. Also, the web site is updated daily (usually) so please check often.

      We hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for all of your support and encouragement! You are the best mailing list any group could hope for!

      R e s c u e M i n i s t r i e s
      (503) 730-9874 / (801) 382-5806 FAX
      PO Box 1127, Gresham, OR 97030

      I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. R O M A N S 1:16
      To Unsubscribe: Send e-mail to
      info@... with subject "Unsubscribe"