SINGERS WANTED - The Dickens Carolers

  • jasonlovesjazz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17 12:28 PM
      SINGERS WANTED. Do you love Christmas? Singing in harmony? Getting paid? We're looking for good people to join us.

      The Dickens Carolers has been auditioning, training, costuming and booking acappella, SATB Christmas caroling quartets since 1978. Every year we hold auditions in early August and rehearsals Sept thru Nov, then you perform throughout the Puget Sound from Thanksgiving thru Christmas. We generally have 40-50 singers making $25-35/hr. Someone in a full-time quartet makes ~$1750-2500 for the season. Part-time makes ~$750-1500. You set your schedule and we'll do our best to fill it with gigs.

      For a cast of 40-50, we do hold auditions every year and usually hire about 10-15 new carolers. Our casting needs are always slightly different, depending on the applicant pool. Choral and/or acappella experience is helpful, but not required. As you might expect, we often see more women applicants than men, so men are always encouraged to audition. Regardless of your gender, we don't care if you're an experienced pro or an eager amateur. For at least ten years, our casting focus has been on finding talented people that will fit in with our little community. And we firmly believe that has served us well. Come join us!

      Visit our website (http://www.dickenscarolers.com) for more info. Make sure to read the "Auditions" page. Then, if you're still interested, or have other questions, call us at 206-320-7007 to set up an audition appointment.