RESCUE march e-newsletter

  • RESCUE
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2001
      Rescue monthly newsletter 12/01/00
      — RESCUE monthly e-newsletter (03/01/01) —
      In This Issue:
      A cappella Community Awards results. We won!
      • FREE bumber sticker
      • Logo contest update
      • Christmas CD update
      • Schedule: Come this Friday!!!

      Welcome to the e-newsletter for RESCUE. If you are new to this mailing, we are glad you are here! Inside you will find upcoming concerts, the latest news and other information that might not be posted on our web site.

      C.A.S.A. A cappella Community Awards
      Thanks to our listeners!!!

      casa.orgBefore Christmas we announced that C.A.S.A. had a new award that the general public could vote on. The response from our listeners was amazing and because of all of you, we won! Here's some of the text from C.A.S.A.'s web site:

      Favorite Religious Group: RESCUE
      Runner-Up: Take 6

      Founded in 1996, Rescue is a relatively new piece of the great big a cappella picture, but this Oregon quartet is already making their presence felt. Listing Glad and Take 6 as influences, they share their message primarily through their live performances along the left coast. However, they've also broken into the wider market thanks to having their CD's in the hands of some major national vendors.

      FREE BUMPER STICKERS TO THOSE OUTSIDE THE NW

      Bumper stickers are a great way you can help spread the news about our music! They are also removable!!! Oregon and Washington residents can purchase a bumper sticker for only $1. During the month of March, we are giving away the bumper stickers to anyone that lives outside of Oregon and Washington. Just let us know by e-mail where to send it and you'll get it asap.

      LOGO CONTEST
      Thank you for your suggestions!

      We would like to thank everyone who submitted logos to us for our February contest. There were a lot of great ideas and creative renderings. We have been unable to choose a logo so far but a new logo may be unveiled as early as next month.

      CHRISTMAS CD

      This month we venture into the studio to start recording a christmas album. We are so excited to start! We expect CD's to be available to purchase by October. Plan to come to a CD release party in the fall. We may also release samples of the CD in mp3 format as the months go on. Please pray for us as we tackle this enormous project. We look forward to sharing with you songs from this special and meaningful season.

      UPCOMING SCHEDULE

      March 2nd, 7:00pm
      Opening for Acappella!
      Crossroads Church of Christ
      2505 NE 102nd Ave
      Portland, OR
      503-445-9980 for ticket info

      March 4th, 10:00am (mini-concert during service)
      Sisters Community Church
      15220 McKenzie Hwy.
      Sisters, OR
      541-549-1201

      March 7th, 5:45pm, Concert
      CB Annual Meeting
      Tacoma Sheraton
      Tacoma, WA

      March 8th, 7:45pm
      ACSI Choral Music Festival
      Northwest College
      Kirkland, WA

      March 10th, 6:30pm, Concert. Also, Tim Greenidge and Das Phat
      In Support of NorthWest Bible Training Center
      Lake Bible Church (I-5 Exit 292)
      Lake Oswego, OR
      $10 donation per ticket
      503-699-9840

      March 11th, 9:45, 11:30am (special music during services)
      Salem Calvary Chapel
      4660 Portland Rd
      Salem, OR
      503-304-8840

      March 16th, 7:00pm, 8:45pm (two full concerts)
      Salem Calvary Chapel
      4660 Portland Rd
      Salem, OR
      503-304-8840
      Tickets are $6

      March 17th, 8:00pm
      Harmony Sweepstakes
      Olympia, WA

      March 18th, 10:30am (Concert during service)
      Everett Free Methodist Church
      9506 7th Avenue SE
      Everett, WA
      425-355-5985

      March 30th, 7:00pm (singing National Anthem)
      Blazers vs. Knicks
      Rose Garden

      April 8th, 8:00am, 10:15am (special music during services)
      Stayton Church of Christ
      189 East Washington Street
      Stayton, OR

      April 8th, 6:00pm (Concert)
      Hillsboro United Methodist Church
      168 N.E. 8th Street
      Hillsboro, OR
      503-640-1775

      April 17th, TBA (Concert)
      New Hope Community Church
      San Diego, CA

      April 18th, 6:30pm (mini-concert)
      MusiCalifornia
      San Diego, CA

      April 21st, TBA (mini-concert)
      Sunnyside Church of the Nazarene

      April 24th-27th
      National Church Music Conference
      Plainfield, IN

      April 27th, TBA
      Post Road Christian Church OFC
      1112 North Post Road
      Indianapolis, IN 46219
      317-898-4945

      April 28th-29th (Concert Saturday night, special music during Sunday morning services)
      Southport Heights Christian Church
      7154 McFarland Road
      Indianapolis, IN

      For a full listing of Rescue's schedule go to:
      www.rescueministries.com

      Dates have a slight possibility of changing so it is advisable to call the location prior to the event. The web site is updated daily (usually) so please check often.

      R e s c u e M i n i s t r i e s
      www.rescueministries.com
      info@...
      (503) 730-9874 / (801) 382-5806 FAX
      PO Box 1127, Gresham, OR 97030

      I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes... R O M A N S 1:16
      To Unsubscribe: Send e-mail to info@... with subject "Unsubscribe"

    • Kirbyshawmusic@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2001
        Hi there! Wow, are you all busy singin'...I wish you all the success with
        your musical messages. One small favor...I didn't request to be a part of
        your e-mail network and tho' I like what you're doing, I'd prefer to be
        UNSUBSCRIBED...THANKS! In harmony, Kirby Shaw Hope I get to hear you
        sometime...have you checked out my song A Cappella...with some text changes
        it could fit the spiritual mission of your group? I've also done a ton of
        spirituals that people tell me are hipper than most that are out there. And
        one last tune...JAMAICAN NOEL...it's published by Hal Leonard and always ends
        up sounding unique when adapted to the particular talents of each group
        member. Make a joyful noise!