RESCUE Feb. E-letter

    Welcome to the e-newsletter for RESCUE. If you are new to this mailing, we are glad you are here! Inside you will find upcoming concerts, the latest news and
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2001
      Rescue monthly newsletter 12/01/00
      — RESCUE monthly e-newsletter (01/01/01) —
      In This Issue:

      R.A.R.B. Pick of 2000
      • Thank you to supporters
      • Logo contest, win $50 and more!
      • Jason Overstreet's Bio
      • A few new photos on the web site
      • Updated Schedule: Mark your calendars for March 2nd!

      Welcome to the e-newsletter for RESCUE. If you are new to this mailing, we are glad you are here! Inside you will find upcoming concerts, the latest news and other information that might not be posted on our web site.

      R.A.R.B. PICK OF 2000
      An honor from a truly objective source

      We are incredibly honored to be on a list with some of the top a cappella groups in the world. This past year we were privileged to have been reviewed by the Recorded A cappella Review Board. The reviews for our two CDs were both encouraging and eye opening. Hopefully we will learn from their reviews and apply them to our next CDs.

      The great news is that "2000 Years Ago" was picked as one of the best CDs of 2000. We would love for you to read the review and tell us what you think. You can find it at rarb.org.

      Last month we notified every one on our mailing list that we are now a nonprofit company. The response that we have received has been so encouraging. Donations have been coming in over the past four weeks. We are humbled and excited by this overwhelming show of support. We want to thank all of you who have so generously given to our ministry. We vow to honor your gift by using it to further the name of our Lord Jesus Christ through the talents he has loaned us.

      We were also encouraged that a few of you decided to give on a monthly basis. It has become apparent that this form of support will be some of our most treasured resources as we plan to go full time as a ministry. Although one time gifts go a long ways towards purchasing much needed tools for our ministry, it is through the monthly giving that we can budget and plan towards a full time ministry.

      Again, we thank you for your donations and we give thanks to God for his provisions. We will keep you updated as always as to where the Lord is taking our ministry. Please feel free to call us at any time if you have questions regarding our plans and goals.

      Win $50, and be the first to receive one of our new CDs.

      What do you see when you think of RESCUE? That picture in your mind could land you $50, a new upcoming CD signed by the members of RESCUE and a picture of RESCUE.

      We are looking for a unique and contemporary way for the word RESCUE to be displayed on various items such as letter head, web site, possible tee shirts, CD's, or anything that might need labeling. Until March 1st you can send your ideas either in the mail to PO Box 1127, Gresham, OR 97030, or by e-mail.

      The internet just got a little more humorous

      It's finally here! The unauthorized biography of Jason Overstreet has been published on the net! Although the author has truly caught the image of Jason Overstreet in written form, we must admit that not all items are factual. To understand the true significance of this masterpiece, you must realize that we are only trying to get Over to finally write his own bio. Please send an e-mail to Jason Overstreet urging him to write some real stuff about himself!

      To find this prequel simply go to our web site and click on the bio button.

      The internet just got a little more ugly

      Check out photos from our recent performance at the Rose Garden before a Blazer Game. It's not every day you get to sing for over 20,000 people!

      The images are actually a view of the big screen hanging in the middle of the building. Hey, maybe we could be the alternate next year at the Superbowl.

      February 3rd, 7:00pm
      Montcalm Community College
      The Barn Theater
      2800 College Drive
      Sydney, MI 48885

      February 4th, 8:30am, 11:00am
      Shilo Community Church
      8197 Heth St
      Orleans, MI

      February 18th, 8:15am, 10:45am, 6:00pm
      First Conservative Baptist Church
      2245 NW Kline St.
      Roseburg, OR 97471

      February 23rd, TBA
      Richmond Community Church
      Church celebration
      Portland, OR

      February 24th, TBA
      National Anthems at Portland Winterhawks game
      Rose Garden
      Portland, OR

      February 25th, 6:00pm
      Hoodview Church of God
      1530 Mount Hood Avenue
      Woodburn, OR 97071

      March 2nd, TBA
      Opening for Acappella!
      Crossroads Church of Christ
      Call 503-445-9980 for more info

      For a full listing of Rescue's schedule go to:

      Dates have a slight possibility of changing so it is a good idea to call the location a few days prior to the event. Also, the web site is updated daily (usually) so please check often.

      R e s c u e M i n i s t r i e s
      (503) 730-9874 / (801) 382-5806 FAX
      PO Box 1127, Gresham, OR 97030

      I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. R O M A N S 1:16
      To Unsubscribe: Send e-mail to info@... with subject "Unsubscribe"