A cappella newcomer wants to sing

  • jlouisab
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2009
      I am interested in participating in an Acapella group. It sounds like a blast. Any suggestions as to how to get started?
    • Tom Metzger
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
        Well, Realtime is looking for a tenor.  Must kick ass and be available to tour the world and make money.  Are you a tenor?

        http://www.realtimequartet.com

        --
        Tom Metzger (tom@...)
        Husband of Kari, Father of Ry and Ty

        http://www.groupanizer.com - web applications for running groups
        "It's often not enough for one to simply be exposed to the truth, because the brain will actually fight to defend its attachment to cherished falsehoods."
      • Ariel Glassman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
          Hi there,

          This group is a great first place to start - there might be someone starting a group or in a group that needs new members who'll see your message

          A second place to check is CASA.org, the website of the Contemporary A Cappella Society of America (of which I am a board member), where there's tons of information about a cappella, starting and managing groups, group directories, etc. CASA also has state and regional ambassadors that you can contact who are in the know about what's happening in this region.

          Good luck!

          Ariel

          Ariel Glassman
          CASA Director of Fundraising