Canvas appearing on THE SIMPSONS

  • Dave Doody
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 8:38 PM
      Hi everyone,

      For those of you who were around back in 2000 or so, you may remember an a cappella group called Canvas.  We did open mics, and hosted a series of annual WA A Cappella Showcases.  At one of those shows, we performed The Simpsons theme song, and a clip of that performance has been available on YouTube for some time now:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM-_hz2LLZk

      Assuming there are no last-minute glitches, this clip of Canvas will be appearing during the end credits of this week's SIMPSONS episode!!!  Sunday, 4/26 at 8:00pm on FOX.

      Crazy that what we joked about back then is *finally* coming to pass!  Just thought you folks might like to be in on a local group's national television debut.  Only 8 years or so after we became defunct. ;)   Check it out if you can!!

      Dave
      [former (and future? haha) Canvas member]