Rezonate takes 1st place at the 2009 PNW Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival

  • g_witley
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2009
      Hello A Cappella Lovers,

      Here are the results of the 2009 PNW Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival held last night in Olympia at the Washington Center for the Peforming Arts.

      1st place: Rezonate

      2nd place: A tie between V-Chords and Strangers in Harmony

      3rd place: Essence of Larynx

      Best arrangement: Rezonate for "Ghost Train"

      Next year's PNW Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival is on Saturday, March 13, 2010. Mark you calendars now and start practicing!

      Gary Witley
      Director
      PNW Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival
      http://www.mce.org/index.htm

      If you can walk, you can dance.
      If you can talk, you can sing.
      - a Zimbabwe saying
    • rick_collett
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2009
        Gary, thanks for a great show.

        Who knew that with only five groups competing that it would be such an
        awesome show!

        Gary forgot to mention that Rezonate also won Audience Favorite.

        Rick Collett
        longtime Harmony Sweepstakes fan
      • Eric Chung
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2009
          Eric Chung from Strangers in Harmony here.  On behalf of our fledging group, I just wanted to both thank the organizers for putting on a seamless show and to congratulate all of the performers on outstanding performances all around.  We were thrilled and honored to be competing with all of you!  We look forward to sharing the stage with all of you again, whether at next year's PNW Sweeps or somewhere else soon.

          --Eric

          Who knew that with only five groups competing that it would be such an
          awesome show!

          Gary forgot to mention that Rezonate also won Audience Favorite.

          Rick Collett
          longtime Harmony Sweepstakes fan

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:pacificnorthwest-acappella-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:pacificnorthwest-acappella-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Mister Tim
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2009
            Essence of Larynx would like to thank everyone at Saturday's
            competition. The groups were great, friendly, intelligent, and fun to
            hang out with. The audience was warm and wonderful. The venue staff
            was excellent.

            And kudos and congratulations to Rezonate! You'll represent well at
            the Finals.

            We had a wonderful time in Washington, and hope we can return soon and
            sing again with all of you!

            --
            Mister Tim
            Essence of Larynx