Re: [pacificnorthwest-acappella] TAKE US OFF YOUR E-mail LIST IMMEDIATELY!!!

  • Tom Cooper
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 25, 2003
      Calm down, everybody!  :)  To clear up some apparent confusion:  This isn't a "list".  It is a "group".  Any member of this group can send mail to everyone in the group, without having to know everyone's individual email address.

      The problem is that this is an unrestricted group, so any anyone can join the group and send us all email.  In an ideal world, this would be a good thing, but unfortunately there are a few abnormal people in the world who want to spoil things for everyone.

      If you are still in the Pacific Northwest a cappella community, please don't rush to leave this yahoo-group.  It actually can be a wonderful resource for all of us, and I'd hate to see it dissolve just because of a couple perverts in search of a fast buck.  If John can turn it into a restricted group as Don suggests, we can keep our valuable resource without the pornographic side effects.  :)

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 26, 2003
        At 07:55 PM 6/25/2003 -0700, Tom Cooper wrote:
         If John can turn it into a restricted group as Don suggests, we can keep our valuable resource without the pornographic side effects.  :)

        If anyone know John's and my history, you'll know I may not be able to influence him here.  ;-)

        So I'd suggest:

        1) emailing him personally at harmony@...

        2) calling him on his personal toll free number that forwards to England, where he's spending most of his time these days (at least that's what he told me in February of this year):

        866-614-3534

        I'm sure that with a little prodding you can bring this to the top of his "to do" list.

        Don Gooding
        Mainely A CAPPELLA             http://www.a-cappella.com
        don@...             P.O. Box 159/11 Seal Cove Rd.
        800-827-2936                   Southwest Harbor, ME  04679
        207-244-7603 (overseas calls)  207-244-7613 (fax)
          WEB STORE:   http://mac3.a-cappella.com/shop
           Now with more than 20,000 sound files!
           1800+ CDs ... 1,000+ arrangements...
           plus hundreds of videos, accessories,