Re: Searching for a poem

  • inf0nat10n
    Message 1 of 91 , Jan 20, 2002
      I just joined this club & so my reply may be too
      late for you, but here it is. I have bilingual edition
      of Isla Negra (I always try to get bilingual
      editions for the original language to English - of course
      there are always some parts of the translation that I
      question... I suppose even in the original language there may
      be multiple interpretations... but then that's the
      nature of poetry.) <br><br>And thank you, it's a joy to
      read this one again. <br><br>Here is the translation
      by Alastair Reed<br><br>The Future Is
      colored,<br>color of water, air,<br>black space with room for many
      dreams,<br>white space with room for all snow,<br>for all
      kiss<br>There's a place for everyone in forests,<br>in streets,
      in houses;<br>there's an underground space,<br>but
      empty planet,<br>great stars clear as vodka<br>so
      uninhabited and so transparent,<br>and arrive there with the
      first telephone<br>so that so many men can later
      discuss all their infirmities<br><br>The important thing
      is to be scarcely aware of oneself,<br>to scream
      from a rough mountain range<br>and to see on another
      let's leave<br>this suffocating river<br>in which we
      swim with other fish<br>from dawn to shifting
      night<br>and now in this discovered space<br>let's fly to a
      pure solitude.
    • inf0nat10n
      Message 91 of 91 , Jan 20, 2002
        Also try (I just saw this club & I have a feeling that the founder might know your poem)<br><a href=http://mx.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/poesiaypoetas target=new>http://mx.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/poesiaypoetas</a>