Re: Hello/hola

  • littleinfinity22
    Message 1 of 91 , May 1 4:18 PM
      disculpad que no he contestado hasta ya. Tal vez
      no me vais a creer, pero acabo de llegar de un viaje
      a Chile heehee. Well actually that's a fib, I got
      back about two months ago, but its still very much in
      my mind. What an incredible journey it is, and has
      been. Believe me two years ago I the only thing I knew
      about Chile was that it was some thin country in South
      America, and I knew absolutely no Spanish except for the
      occasional word or two or three gleaned off of Sesame
      Street. I will honestly come right out and say Neruda
      changed my life. I picked up Cien Sonetos right before a
      trip to Winnipeg and was so engrossed in it I barely
      noticed Alberta. heehee. Since then I've read everything
      I could get my hands on, learned Spanish, started
      translating and writing myself, and went to Chile. I've got
      twelve books of his, but I've read at least twenty, I've
      also read Memorias and the book that Matilde wrote "Mi
      Vida..." I have to say although my favourite poems change,
      there is one that I keep re-reading, it's called "The
      Rain, (Rapa Nui)" It's so incredibly deliciously
      sensuous, but there are so many (and I mean sooooo many, he
      has 45 books, a lot of which are out of print now)
      I'm just amazed the guy could write so much, well
      maybe I would too if I didn't spend so much time on the
      computer *sigh*<br><br>~peace for the coming
      twilights<br>Barbara
    • inf0nat10n
      Message 91 of 91 , Jan 20, 2002
        Also try (I just saw this club & I have a feeling that the founder might know your poem)<br><a href=http://mx.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/poesiaypoetas target=new>http://mx.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/poesiaypoetas</a>