Hello/hola

  • littleinfinity22
    Message 1 of 91 , Jan 9, 2001
      Is there anyone out there...figgers I finally
      find a forum for mee favourite poet and it appears as
      quiet as Isla Negra after the Junta boarded it up after
      Matilde's death in 1985....*sigh*.... <br><br>Well I'll say
      hello anyway, my name is Barbara, and I'm a
      poet/literature major from western Canada. I've been a deep
      admirer of Neruda for two and a half years, I'd even say
      scholar if it didn't sound pretentious, although If I'm
      not devouring every single syllable written by the
      man himself I'm reading critical stuff about him.
      introduced me to his writing, although I love that film, and
      the book too. It was after listening to an album by
      the Canadian group Red Rider (a.k.a Tom Cochrane, the
      "Life is a Highway" progenitor heehee) called "Neruda"
      which was based on his life. Pablo is simply
      enchanting, he brings you to the center of a whirling dream,
      where reality put through a prism, broken-up and
      reshaped, every image fills the mind and shimmers with its
      own light. It's hard to describe properly
      hmmmm.....<br><br>I've been working on a website as well. It has some
      poetry (some of my own translations also) and some of
      the speeches from "Passions and Impressions" the addy
      she's my other favourite. I guess I was Chilean in a
      past life :)
    • inf0nat10n
      Message 91 of 91 , Jan 20, 2002
        Also try (I just saw this club & I have a feeling that the founder might know your poem)<br><a href=http://mx.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/poesiaypoetas target=new>http://mx.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/poesiaypoetas</a>