Jane Saville

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009

      Good Morning all ,

      Well ,

       This morning Jane Saville announced her retirement from competing ..

      I have known Jane since she competed as a very young Junior athlete and it has been an absolute pleasure to watch her grow as an athlete and a person ..

      What an unbelievable career Jane has had .. Jane has shown us her fantastic strength , speed and her courage always when competing . And off the field she has carried herself with dignity , poise and humility and has been a  wonderful ambassador for racewalking .

      She has left a legacy within racewalking that should inspire all athletes male and female for a long time to come . She has the respect of athletes all over the world and her competitive spirit will be missed .

      Her demeanor has warmed her way into the hearts of all australians and given the profile of racewalking a greater understanding in the public arena and a wonderful lift along the way .

      We wish Jane all the very best for whatever she undertakes into the future ( little Janes ? ) and trust that she will continue to support racewalking in whatever way she chooses as her path changes.

      Thank You Jane , on behalf of all racewalkers around Australia ..

      Warm regards

      Dave Smith

      President

      Racewalking Australia