Fw: OzRunways 2.0 Released

  • David Pilkington (Ozaeros)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2011
      OzRunways 2.0 out now
      Many of you would know about this already!
      Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 8:29 PM
      Subject: OzRunways 2.0 Released

      No virus found in this message.
      Ch

      The Future of Air Navigation is Here

      Know where you’re going. And how to get there.

      OzRunways 2.0

      New in OzRunways EFB version 2.0:

      • Full moving map GPS* with direct to navigation and HSI for the ultimate in situational awareness
      • Maps available on iPad and iPhone!
      • All Airservices maps included
      • One giant SuperWAC covering all of Australia
      • Database of all VFR, IFR and GPS waypoints, aerodromes, ALAs and HLSs and NAVAIDS, complete with frequencies and morse code display
      • Quickly find nearest waypoints and airfields, or search by name
      • Sorry, no more excuses for busting controlled airspace
      • Much more for you to discover!

      * GPS navigation requires an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPad 1 or 2 with 3G, running iOS 4.2 or later. WiFi-only iPads do not have GPS. An active internet connection is not required during flight, all maps, documents and plates can be pre-downloaded at home to always be available.

      Tried in the Past? Try again.

      We have removed every expired trial from our database. If you tried OzRunways in the past, just get OzRunways EFB 2.0 from the App Store and try again; we’ve given you another month.

      Simple New Subscriptions

      We’ve simplified our subscriptions, giving you the choice of Private or Professional. The private subscription includes all of ERSA and AIP as well as every map Australia wide. Professional adds the instrument approach plates. (DAP East and West)

      The new prices are $75/year for Private and $110 for professional if you buy or renew your subscription on our website. You can also purchase in-app, but those prices are higher because Apple takes a 30% cut, compared to just 3% for PayPal. So buy on our website to get the best prices!

      Upgrading Your Subscription

      We’ve come up with a great way for you to upgrade to the new Private or Professional subscription – no credit card required. Every existing subscriber will have a month of free maps and navigation from the moment you try 2.0. At any time during this month, go to the config screen and select “Balance subscription dates”. Remaining credit on all your subscriptions is used to upgrade.

      For example: if you have have 6 months remaining on your original $50 all-in-one subscription, you can upgrade to 3 months of Private at the touch of a button.

      Update now on the App Store

      Available on the App StoreTo update to OzRunways 2.0, just go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. Select the updates tab and OzRunways should be in the list, ready to download. Alternatively, or if you are new to OzRunways, just go to search and enter OzRunways. Or if you are reading this on your iPad or iPhone, just click on the app store button.

      Thank you, thank you, thank you!

      We have worked hard to make OzRunways the best EFB for Australian pilots and we’re proud of it. But we’re not done yet. Full multi-waypoint navigation, automatic weather downloads, airspace warnings, NAIPS integration, checklists and FIS frequency displays are just some of the things we’re working on in the lab. Look for them in future releases. Our subscription model is here to stay – every subscriber will get future functionality at no extra cost.

      Thank you very much for your support since we launched in December 2010, it’s made it possible for us to create OzRunways 2.0 for you and we hope you enjoy flying with it as much as we have done while testing it the past few months. Please let us know via support@... of any issues or suggestions you have!

      Bas, Rowan and Neil.

      We hate spam! We will try and minimise these emails as much as possible (and then only useful things you might like to know about). If you still don't want us emailing you, just reply to this email and put 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the subject line. We will not give your email address to anybody at all.