problem with running OXYD and OXYD2 on ST emu

  • Dalibor Lanik
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hello everybody!

      I'm new to the group, but i'm an old fan of Esprit/Oxyd since ST
      days (that means I'm really old :)

      Anyway, a couple of days ago I stumbeled across ST emulator, and
      remembered oxyd - wouldn;t it be wonderfull to re-live those teenage
      days when I played oxyd on the ST :)

      So, I downloaded all ST emulators and all files from the oxyd group
      file section, and soon I was up and playin'!

      The problem is that OXYD 1 and 2 don't somehow work OK (Oxyd magnum,
      esprit, oxyd color and bolo work OK).

      When I start the ST emulator (in my case, I liked WinSTon the most),
      it boots and OXYD starts OK but when I try to play, I get all stones
      with certain code... I cannot distinguish between various stone
      types because all stones have 076 4A code written on 'em...

      Same for OXYD 1. (code is different, it's 040 18)

      Any clues as to what's happening?

      Thanx,

      dalibor
    • Daniel Heck
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        Hi Dalibor,

        > When I start the ST emulator (in my case, I liked WinSTon the most),
        > it boots and OXYD starts OK but when I try to play, I get all stones
        > with certain code... I cannot distinguish between various stone
        > types because all stones have 076 4A code written on 'em...

        I used to have the same problem. I think it was related to the TOS
        version I used; simply download another TOS image and try again.

        HTH
        Daniel