Re: Oxyd book value today?

  • jmiller62
    Message 1 of 8 , May 25, 2013
      I believe v3.9 is for Mac, and it was patched due to the "Oxyd Patch" not being compatible with Mac.

      Jeff

      --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "edward65536" <edward.leuf@...> wrote:

      > That's interesting. I've been playing the 3.9 version all this time, because I imagined it newer. Now you come and patch the 3c. Oh well, I've completed it... Actually I have the codes so I've just solved those puzzles I could solve. Still a fun game.
      >
      > I still have my Oxyd Magnum book and no thoughts of selling it just because I love having a hard copy, and I like the cover. One of my inspirations as to why I decided to recreate the landscapes as 3D images.
      >
      > And welcome, btw. :)
      >
      > /Edward
      >
      > --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "jmiller62" <jmiller62@> wrote:
      > > I uploaded a game patched version of Oxyd 3c a few minutes ago that will make the Magic Tokens disappear by pressing any key (without using the Oxyd patch).

    • fred
      Message 2 of 8 , May 25, 2013
        Thanks for the heads-up on the files section. I've collected a few and
        hope to have enough time to try some out. I'll probably just keep the
        Oxyd book as a memento, since it's small and a good reminder of the
        early days of quality games.

        --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "jmiller62" wrote:

        > Hi Fred,
        >
        > Welcome to the Oxyd group. Oxyd version 3c is available in the PC
        files section, as well as the "Oxyd patch" which can be used to patch
        the Oxyd games. I uploaded a game patched version of Oxyd 3c a few
        minutes ago that will make the Magic Tokens disappear by pressing any
        key (without using the Oxyd patch).

        > I have an American edition and an English edition of the Oxyd book
        that I would be willing to sell. But with the code/game patch and the
        Oxyd book (without the codes) available for download in the files
        section, the only advantage to having the book would be to have a
        "legal" copy.

        > Jeff

      • nmuzzletop
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20, 2014

          Hi Susie,

          What do I need to do to entice you to copy your OXYD book and send me the copies ?, I guess a lot more than please with sugar and cream on top !

          Hoping you will get back to me.

          I only just recently got hold of a program (DosBox) that will allow me to play the game again even though it is a bit of a drama getting in everytime that I want to play the game

          Lloyd

        • dongleware
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 21, 2014
            Oxydbook and Per.Oxydbook is in the file section available, with codes.
            Smutty Smurf