Re: Enigma 1.20 released

  • itemfreeze
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 8, 2013
      Hi Edward,

      we thought about it for a while, but as the
      use of black pearls increases, I think it's
      the right idea to display the extra lives
      by another icon. We considered alternatives,
      but batteries seemed to be the best.

      Custom music was planned, but has very, very
      low priority. Don't expect it, there are
      many other, more important sites right now.

      Best regards,
      Andreas

      --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "edward65536" <edward.leuf@...> wrote:

      > Hey, looking nice. So many new items, such new code, though not sure about having batteries for lives. Wonder if one can set custom music for your landscape in the future (no music here, adventurous music for that, different music for each room).
      >
      > /Edward
      >
      > --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "itemfreeze" <itemfreeze@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi everyone,
      > >
      > > we are pleased to announce the release of Enigma 1.20
      > > for Windows and Linux, not yet 6 years since our last
      > > stable release. Enigma 1.20 comprises:
      > >
      > > - 305 new Enigma levels, 95 new Pentomino levels,
      > > and 1077 imported Sokoballs,
      > > - a new API, involving a reengineering of many objects,
      > > a consistent naming scheme for all objects, and a
      > > rewrite of almost every level,
      > > - a vast number of new objects, like wires, barriers,
      > > and yinyang-stones,
      > > - many improved images for higher resolutions,
      > > including new coins,
      > > - level music (go to options menu to activate it),
      > > - and many improvements and bug fixes.
      > >
      > > (Oh, and what might be of particular interest to
      > > some here: We removed "but over PAR".)
      > >
      > > You can find Enigma 1.20 for Windows and Linux in our
      > > download section:
      > >
      > > http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/download.html#stable
      > >
      > > Unfortunately, we cannot yet offer a version for OS X,
      > > this will be our next goal.
      > >
      > > Our thanks go to our team of developers and all our level
      > > authors, to Clifford Tasner for the new music, to Nobby
      > > and Thomas for their great levels, feedback, level organisation,
      > > the Enigma movies, and for always pressing us to finally
      > > release version 1.20. However, there would be rather a 1.02
      > > than a 1.20, wasn't it for the work of a single man, who,
      > > single-handedly, invented and realized the new API, the
      > > face of Enigma as it is today: Ronald Lamprecht's commitment
      > > to Enigma cannot be appreciated high enough. We hope to
      > > have him back soon, and, until then, that we can live up
      > > to his visions for this wonderful game.
      > >
      > > Have fun!
      > >
      > > Raoul and Andreas

    • itemfreeze
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 8, 2013
        Hi Gabi and Hajo,

        now that the maintainers are informed, you might not
        have to wait too long until Enigma 1.20 enters the
        various distributions as pakets, so you can easily
        install it via synaptic, yum or whatever you are
        using.

        Best regards,
        Andreas

        --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "amerling@..." <amerling@...> wrote:

        > Hello Hajo,
        >
        > since I am a Linux user light so to speak :-), I doubt that I am able to compile anything, I just stick with Windows then ... thanks for answering,
        >
        > Gaby

      • Hajo Bäß
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 10, 2013
          thank you very much indeed, I will keep looking for it...

          kind regards

          Hajo