Completed: 3D Oxyd Landscapes 1-100

  • edward65536
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hello.
      Been finding new ways of keeping myself (and my computers) busy and had almost completely forgotten about this.

      Now to get working on the Linked Games / Multi Player... Maybe after the holidays...

      Btw, would it be possible to have sub-albums? So that there is a main album called "3D Oxyd Landscapes", then under that are sub-albums (sub-folders) called "Oxyd 1", "Oxyd Linked Games", "Per.Oxyd", etc.
      Or will I have to create many "main" albums called "3D Oxyd Linked Landscapes", "3D Per.Oxyd Landscapes", etc.

      /Edward
    • jmiller62
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 1, 2011
        Hi Edward,

        I tried to create a sub-album in the "3D Oxyd Landscapes" album, but it just placed it in the "Photos" folder with the others. I guess you would have to create separate albums for each if you don't want them all lumped together.

        Is it possible to create the landscapes so that the whole landscape is visible in detail? Like a 3D screenshot (if that's even possible)? #98 is a good example, as you can't see much detail in it even if you download the image and zoom in.

        Jeff

        --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "edward65536" <edward.leuf@...> wrote:

        > Hello.
        > Been finding new ways of keeping myself (and my computers) busy and had almost completely forgotten about this.
        >
        > Now to get working on the Linked Games / Multi Player... Maybe after the holidays...
        >
        > Btw, would it be possible to have sub-albums? So that there is a main album called "3D Oxyd Landscapes", then under that are sub-albums (sub-folders) called "Oxyd 1", "Oxyd Linked Games", "Per.Oxyd", etc.
        > Or will I have to create many "main" albums called "3D Oxyd Linked Landscapes", "3D Per.Oxyd Landscapes", etc.
        >
        > /Edward

      • edward65536
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 1, 2011
          You want a super HD 6 Giga Pixel wallpaper? :p
          Ok, not that bad. To get the entirety it seems to be about 16000x600 and will take about 6 hours to render.
          Though I did say I'd like to get the set done before taking in custom requests, I suppose I should do something in order to get some feedback on the 3D representations of the objects.

          /Edward

          --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "jmiller62" <jmiller62@...> wrote:

          > Hi Edward,
          >
          > I tried to create a sub-album in the "3D Oxyd Landscapes" album, but it just placed it in the "Photos" folder with the others. I guess you would have to create separate albums for each if you don't want them all lumped together.
          >
          > Is it possible to create the landscapes so that the whole landscape is visible in detail? Like a 3D screenshot (if that's even possible)? #98 is a good example, as you can't see much detail in it even if you download the image and zoom in.
          >
          > Jeff
          >

          > --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "edward65536" <edward.leuf@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello.
          > > Been finding new ways of keeping myself (and my computers) busy and had almost completely forgotten about this.
          > >
          > > Now to get working on the Linked Games / Multi Player... Maybe after the holidays...
          > >
          > > Btw, would it be possible to have sub-albums? So that there is a main album called "3D Oxyd Landscapes", then under that are sub-albums (sub-folders) called "Oxyd 1", "Oxyd Linked Games", "Per.Oxyd", etc.
          > > Or will I have to create many "main" albums called "3D Oxyd Linked Landscapes", "3D Per.Oxyd Landscapes", etc.
          > >
          > > /Edward

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 1, 2011
            Hey, that sounds cool :)! Though I may need another graphics card and a couple more monitors to make the most of #98 :). But seriously, I guess I misunderstand that your 3D renderings were not intended to be screenshots, but more like wallpaper or even "Oxyd art". An HD version of one or two key landscapes would be nice. It looks like a lot of work.

            Jeff

            ________________________________
            You want a super HD 6 Giga Pixel wallpaper? :p
            Ok, not that bad. To get the entirety it seems to be about 16000x600 and will take about 6 hours to render.
            Though I did say I'd like to get the set done before taking in custom requests, I suppose I should do something in order to get some feedback on the 3D representations of the objects.

            /Edward

            --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "jmiller62" <jmiller62@...> wrote:

            > Hi Edward,
            >
            > I tried to create a sub-album in the "3D Oxyd Landscapes" album, but it just placed it in the "Photos" folder with the others. I guess you would have to create separate albums for each if you don't want them all lumped together.
            >
            > Is it possible to create the landscapes so that the whole landscape is visible in detail? Like a 3D screenshot (if that's even possible)? #98 is a good example, as you can't see much detail in it even if you download the image and zoom in.
            >
            > Jeff
            >

            > --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "edward65536" <edward.leuf@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello.
            > > Been finding new ways of keeping myself (and my computers) busy and had almost completely forgotten about this.
            > >
            > > Now to get working on the Linked Games / Multi Player... Maybe after the holidays...
            > >
            > > Btw, would it be possible to have sub-albums? So that there is a main album called "3D Oxyd Landscapes", then under that are sub-albums (sub-folders) called "Oxyd 1", "Oxyd Linked Games", "Per.Oxyd", etc.
            > > Or will I have to create many "main" albums called "3D Oxyd Linked Landscapes", "3D Per.Oxyd Landscapes", etc.
            > >
            > > /Edward

          • jmiller62
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 1, 2011
              Sorry, I have no idea how all the "Â"s were inserted in the text of my last message. Apparently it was a Yahoo glitch. It should have read:

              Hey, that sounds cool :)! Though I may need another graphics card and a couple more monitors to make the most of #98 :). But seriously, I guess I misunderstand that your 3D renderings were not intended to be screenshots, but more like wallpaper or even "Oxyd art". An HD version of one or two key landscapes would be nice. It looks like a lot of work.

              Jeff

              Durn :).

              --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <jmiller62@...> wrote:

              > Hey, that sounds cool :)! Though I may need another graphics card and a couple more monitors to make the most of #98 :). But seriously, I guess I misunderstand that your 3D renderings were not intended to be screenshots, but more like wallpaper or even "Oxyd art". An HD version of one or two key landscapes would be nice. It looks like a lot of work.
              >
              > Jeff
              >

              > ________________________________

            • edward65536
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 2, 2011

                And maybe I could do some other landscapes like this, though the question is, what would you call "key landscapes"? Got any numbers I can put in my list?

                /Edward

                --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "jmiller62" <jmiller62@...> wrote:

                > Sorry, I have no idea how all the "Â"s were inserted in the text of my last message. Apparently it was a Yahoo glitch. It should have read:
                >
                > Hey, that sounds cool :)! Though I may need another graphics card and a couple more monitors to make the most of #98 :). But seriously, I guess I misunderstand that your 3D renderings were not intended to be screenshots, but more like wallpaper or even "Oxyd art". An HD version of one or two key landscapes would be nice. It looks like a lot of work.
                >
                > Jeff
                >
                > Durn :).
                >

                > --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <jmiller62@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hey, that sounds cool :)! Though I may need another graphics card and a couple more monitors to make the most of #98 :). But seriously, I guess I misunderstand that your 3D renderings were not intended to be screenshots, but more like wallpaper or even "Oxyd art". An HD version of one or two key landscapes would be nice. It looks like a lot of work.
                > >
                > > Jeff
                > >

                > > ________________________________

              • jmiller62
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 3, 2011
                  How about a high res version of Oxyd #6? The #6 you've already made looks good, but higher resolution (perhaps without the cloudy look to it) would be great.

                  Jeff

                  --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "edward65536" <edward.leuf@...> wrote:

                  > And maybe I could do some other landscapes like this, though the question is, what would you call "key landscapes"? Got any numbers I can put in my list?
                  >
                  > /Edward
                  >
                  > --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "jmiller62" <jmiller62@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Sorry, I have no idea how all the "Â"s were inserted in the text of my last message. Apparently it was a Yahoo glitch. It should have read:
                  > >
                  > > Hey, that sounds cool :)! Though I may need another graphics card and a couple more monitors to make the most of #98 :). But seriously, I guess I misunderstand that your 3D renderings were not intended to be screenshots, but more like wallpaper or even "Oxyd art". An HD version of one or two key landscapes would be nice. It looks like a lot of work.
                  > >
                  > > Jeff
                  > >
                  > > Durn :).
                  > >

                  > > --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <jmiller62@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hey, that sounds cool :)! Though I may need another graphics card and a couple more monitors to make the most of #98 :). But seriously, I guess I misunderstand that your 3D renderings were not intended to be screenshots, but more like wallpaper or even "Oxyd art". An HD version of one or two key landscapes would be nice. It looks like a lot of work.
                  > > >
                  > > > Jeff

                • edward65536
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 6, 2011