Per.Oxyd Link 60 - Meditation

  • Roy McCoy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
      I don't usually have too much trouble with meditation levels,
      but Per.Oxyd Link 60 was looking impossible for me to the point
      where I was about to post a message asking if anyone else had
      the same problem with it. Just then, however, it suddenly gave
      me a wooden block that I could place to the right of the crater
      to hold one of the small white marbles in place while I stretched
      the rubber band out to the other side to get the other one in place.

      I now see

      set_item("it-seed", 3, 9)

      in the level's XML file and I guess that's it, but I don't see how
      the growth of the wooden stone (strange concept) is triggered here.
      The reference manual says "Seeds start growing on dropping them,
      on laser beams, stone hits and the grow and signal-messages," but
      I didn't do any of these myself so I still suppose it was a gift.
      Neither "grow" nor "signal" is in the XML file - can anyone explain?

      Thanks,

      Roy
    • Roy McCoy
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
        P.S. Never mind, I figured it out. The seed is hidden at {3, 9} by
        the grate, and then picked up and dropped - generally inadvertently,
        I suppose - when a marble passes over it and the player clicks to
        change to the other color. I'm wondering whether the wooden stone
        may have been added in Enigma to compensate for the difficulty (or
        impossibility?) of having to switch between the two marbles rather
        than having two players pulling at the same time in opposite directions.

        > I don't usually have too much trouble with meditation levels,
        > but Per.Oxyd Link 60 was looking impossible for me to the point
        > where I was about to post a message asking if anyone else had
        > the same problem with it. Just then, however, it suddenly gave
        > me a wooden block that I could place to the right of the crater
        > to hold one of the small white marbles in place while I stretched
        > the rubber band out to the other side to get the other one in place.
        >
        > I now see
        >
        > set_item("it-seed", 3, 9)
        >
        > in the level's XML file and I guess that's it, but I don't see how
        > the growth of the wooden stone (strange concept) is triggered here.
        > The reference manual says "Seeds start growing on dropping them,
        > on laser beams, stone hits and the grow and signal-messages," but
        > I didn't do any of these myself so I still suppose it was a gift.
        > Neither "grow" nor "signal" is in the XML file - can anyone explain?
        >

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Roy
      • Roy McCoy
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
          P.P.S.

          > I'm wondering whether the wooden stone may have been added in Enigma
          > to compensate for the difficulty (or impossibility?) of having to switch
          > between the two marbles rather than having two players pulling at the
          > same time in opposite directions.

          I guess not, since the link levels could be single-player in Per.Oxyd too
          as I recall.