Per Oxyd Question for Mac OS9

  • tom walck
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 3, 2010
      I've been playing the Mac version of Per Oxyd and when I try to go to a specific level it takes me right back to the main menu and then you have to close out the game. What I'm seeing is that right now you have to start at level 1 every time the game starts up. Anyone else having this kind of problem?

      Tom

    • atmolove
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 3, 2010
        Hi Tom, I remember such issues under Windows 98 SE, especially in level 100 Link (1 player mode). The level ended abruptly after approx. 15 Minutes.

        Under Mac OS 9 I had similar problems, however, as I learnt later on, this was due to defective RAM. Otherwise it should be working alright.

        Is that a "real" Mac OS9, or do you emulate it via Classic mode of Mac OS X? In the latter case... forget it. I never managed to play any Oxyd version correctly with that.

        What Macintosh do you have? G4 or older?

        Greetz
        atmolove
        (Olaf from Hamburg)
      • jmiller62
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 3, 2010
          Hi Tom,

          Are you using a patched version of PerOxyd? I don't remember if the Mac PerOxyd v4.7 in the files section has been patched already, or if you have to update it with the pox47dataa.sit and POXPREF.SIT files. I've only played the Mac versions on a PC using the BasiliskII emulator, and it's been a while.

          Jeff

        • shootintom@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 4, 2010
            Genuine Mac G4 running OS 9.xx I couldn't get the PC version to load on my computer. Ram is good on it, I run PhotoShop and Illustrator with no problems. Any other ideas?

            Tom

          • shootintom@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 4, 2010
              It's the patched version, I'll probably just deleted and reinstall.

              Tom