Re: [oxyd] Enigma 1.01 released

  • Gaby
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 10, 2007
      Hi,

      could anynone tell me how to move the knight (horse) stones
      without having to bump them a hundred times or is this the
      only way to do it? Thanks for answering,

      Gaby

      http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
    • Clifford J. Tasner
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 10, 2007
        Gaby,

        You don't have to bump them a hundred times. Just one gentle hit
        will work if you're coming from a diagonal and hitting the stone in
        the direction you'd like it to go. It does take some practice, but
        it gets easier and easier. Upon impact, try to slide your mouse a
        little bit. Let me know if that works.

        best,
        Taztunes

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 11, 2007
          Hi Taztunes,

          if I have enough room to manoever it works fine meanwhile,
          if not, it doesn't. But you are right, practice helps, so I
          guess, I just go on.

          Gaby

          > You don't have to bump them a hundred times. Just one
          > gentle hit
          > will work if you're coming from a diagonal and hitting
          > the stone in
          > the direction you'd like it to go. It does take some
          > practice, but
          > it gets easier and easier. Upon impact, try to slide
          > your mouse a
          > little bit. Let me know if that works.
          >
          > best,
          > Taztunes

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
        • Clifford J. Tasner
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 12, 2007
            Gaby,

            Let me see if I can be more specific and more helpful.

            Let's say you are above the chess stone and you want to push it down
            two spaces and left one space.

            You should come toward it at a 45° angle and hit it on the right half
            of the top side of the stone.

            When you hit, you don't just bounce off, but you try to sweep your
            marble toward the left a little bit.

            The sweeping motion seems to be the key, as far as I have seen. You
            don't need a lot of room to maneuver.

            If the chess stone is positioned so that another stone is diagonal to
            it, you can carom your marble off of that stone and achieve the same
            result with the chess stone.

            Let me know if this helps.

            best,

            Taztunes

            On Jun 11, 2007, at 10:25 PM, Gaby wrote:

            > Hi Taztunes,
            >
            > if I have enough room to manoever it works fine meanwhile,
            > if not, it doesn't. But you are right, practice helps, so I
            > guess, I just go on.
            >
            > Gaby
            >

            > > You don't have to bump them a hundred times. Just one
            > > gentle hit
            > > will work if you're coming from a diagonal and hitting
            > > the stone in
            > > the direction you'd like it to go. It does take some
            > > practice, but
            > > it gets easier and easier. Upon impact, try to slide
            > > your mouse a
            > > little bit. Let me know if that works.
            > >
            > > best,
            > > Taztunes

            > mail, news, photos & more.

          • Gaby
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 15, 2007
              Hi Taztunes,

              thank you for your explanation... I understand what you are
              saying but I just cannot do it when there is little room. I
              tried it so often now. Oh well. Maybe someday I get it
              somehow :-)

              Have a pleasant day
              Gaby

              http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
            • Clifford J. Tasner
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 15, 2007
                Gaby,

                You don't need much space to move the chess stone. You can move them
                with only one square to move around in. You should come at the chess
                stone at an angle, hit it on a spot that is between the corner of the
                stone and its midpoint. Upon impact, you should almost brush up
                against the chess stone, pushing in the direction from the corner to
                the midpoint. You're not hitting the stone straight on. You're
                making an arc (or a hook) with your marble, the last part of which is
                done, brushing up against the side of the stone.

                It's not about how hard you hit it - you can hit it softly. The key
                is the brushing motion at the end.

                Let me know if this helps at all.

                Taztunes

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 18, 2007
                  Hi Taztunes,

                  the marble always bounces off the stone, even when I touch
                  it gently. I can't sweep or brush along. It is either me or
                  my mouse who can't do it.

                  Thanks for all your help.
                  Gaby

                  http://sims.yahoo.com/