NEWS: PerOxyd XP soundfix uploaded

  • Mad Belington
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2006
      Hi all,

      its been a while now the OXYD ED group is taken offline.Things didnt
      work out so easily as i thought but good news are on its way.

      Finally i received a XP PerOxyd soundpatch which is allready uploaded
      (check file database).Just replace the old blaster.txt by this one and
      the game should work now without the DOSBox/VDMSound emulation.Please
      give feedbacks cause i cant test it on my system!

      greetings to the community
      Mad
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2006
        Hey Mad,

        There is no Blaster.txt file in my XP Pro OS before or after running
        Per.Oxyd. I'm using the patchable version from the group. Perhaps this
        file is only generated when running '98, '95, or ME. Or maybe a
        different version of Per.Oxyd? Also, how do you configure Per.Oxyd (in
        the game menu) when using this text file (IRQ, memory address, DMA)?

        Jeff

        --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "Mad Belington" <oxyd_ed@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > its been a while now the OXYD ED group is taken offline.Things didnt
        > work out so easily as i thought but good news are on its way.
        >
        > Finally i received a XP PerOxyd soundpatch which is allready uploaded
        > (check file database).Just replace the old blaster.txt by this one
        and
        > the game should work now without the DOSBox/VDMSound
        emulation.Please
        > give feedbacks cause i cant test it on my system!
        >
        > greetings to the community
        > Mad

      • Mad Belington
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2006
          Hi Jeff,

          i was told that the blaster.text just has to be in the main
          directory.Cause no other info was handled to me related to any DMA
          settings and so on i assume to leave it on defaults.

          I´ll contact the guy when it doesnt work out at all...

          greets
          Mad