Dongleware softwares status

  • da_norf
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13 3:16 AM
      Hello,

      I wonder what are the extact status of Dongleware games nowaday
      especialy Bolo and Dia-Bolo ?
      Must they always be considered as commercial games, or freeware or
      abandonware or ... ?

      Regards
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24 2:37 PM
        I don't believe that any of Dongleware's games have been officially
        designated as abandonware. In fact, the author is currently in the
        process of developing newer versions of the Oxyd series that are
        compatible with Windows XP. Oxyd Extra 2.0 was freeware, but there
        probably won't be anymore free versions. You can find Oxyd Extra 2.0
        at the new Oxyd web site at http://www.oxyd-game.com/news_eng.html.

        Bolo and Dia-Bolo CD's are pretty rare, and I've only seen them for
        sale on the German eBay, but not lately. If you can't find the games
        anywhere it's kind of hard to buy them. You might also try the Oxyd
        forum. Maybe you'll get an official reply to your question there.

        Jeff

        http://www.oxyd-game.com/forum/

        --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "da_norf" <da_norf@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I wonder what are the extact status of Dongleware games nowaday
        > especialy Bolo and Dia-Bolo ?
        > Must they always be considered as commercial games, or freeware or
        > abandonware or ... ?
        >
        > Regards

      • da_norf
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 29 2:24 AM
          --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jmiller62@...> wrote:

          > I don't believe that any of Dongleware's games have been officially
          > designated as abandonware. In fact, the author is currently in the
          > process of developing newer versions of the Oxyd series that are
          > compatible with Windows XP. Oxyd Extra 2.0 was freeware, but there
          > probably won't be anymore free versions. You can find Oxyd Extra 2.0
          > at the new Oxyd web site at http://www.oxyd-game.com/news_eng.html.

          Thank you for your answer. I already got this cool piece of fun.

          > Bolo and Dia-Bolo CD's are pretty rare, and I've only seen them for
          > sale on the German eBay, but not lately. If you can't find the games
          > anywhere it's kind of hard to buy them.

          In fact I'm the lucky owner of a Dia-Bolo CD for PC. I want to know
          the status for 2 reasons :
          1) If it's legal, I'll be glad to share my copy of Dia-Bolo with the
          Dongleware's games worshippers community.
          2) I'm looking for a complete copy (with musics) of Bolo for PC and
          mysearch could be easily fullfilled, if I can look or ask for copied
          material.

          > You might also try the Oxyd
          > forum. Maybe you'll get an official reply to your question there.
          >
          > Jeff
          >
          > http://www.oxyd-game.com/forum/

          Just posted here, let's wait for an answer...

          Regards.

          Da_Norf
        • MFehrs@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 29 6:02 AM
            I've got an original Bolo CD (complete with music). I'm willing to share if
            we find out it's legal. Maureen

          • Michi Hostettler
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 29 6:10 AM
              hi!
              I could offer webspace to share bolo&dia-bolo&more!

              it would be at
              ozone.game-host.org (sorry, server isn't very fast)

              i have about 10 gb left, that should be enough ;)

              /FilE
              > I've got an original Bolo CD (complete with music).  I'm willing to  share
              > if we find out it's legal. Maureen

              > Game software Poker games Game development software
              > Game software development college Game software developer Game design
              > software
              >

              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >

              >  Visit your group "oxyd" on the web.

            • da_norf
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 29 1:23 PM
                Here is the URL of the question posted on oxyd forum :
                http://www.oxyd-game.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42

                All we have to do now is wait... (and hope).

                Thank you, folks for your answers, proposals and help.

                Regards.