Oxyd 1 - Landscapes

  • Daniel Normington
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2005
      Landscape 81
      I know the drill, but I can't complete it. The marble seems to think it more
      fun to fall in the chasm - AND THE LEVEL STARTS OVER FROM THE BEGINNING!!!

      Landscape 96
      How can you steer the marble and not fall in the water? This relies too much
      on good luck, since my hand in not always steady.

      Landscape 100
      Not enough explosives to dig through the room full of concrete tokens. Where
      is the hidden hammer again?
    • Olaf Burmeister
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2005
        Am 21.07.2005 um 20:44 schrieb Daniel Normington:

        > Landscape 81
        > I know the drill, but I can't complete it. The marble seems to
        > think it more
        > fun to fall in the chasm - AND THE LEVEL STARTS OVER FROM THE
        > BEGINNING!!!

        One of the very few annoying things in Oxyd is that some of the most
        difficult landscapes start all over againg when you lost a life.
        Although you have 3 marbles, you must finish all of the level using
        just one. I call these levels "one-shot-landscapes" - 81 is just one
        of them. There is no special trick about this level - just try and
        try and try again.

        > Landscape 96
        > How can you steer the marble and not fall in the water? This relies
        > too much
        > on good luck, since my hand in not always steady.

        The same as 81: It's just a matter of training and practicing... just
        try to move the marble in very straight vertical lines. When you want
        to open an oxyd stone, give the marble such a strong push that it
        gets rejected all the way back up on the "wall". The difficulty is to
        keep the balance to avoid falling down from the "wall" - you will
        manage after many trials.

        > Landscape 100
        > Not enough explosives to dig through the room full of concrete
        > tokens. Where
        > is the hidden hammer again?

        There is no hidden hammer! You just have to go all the way back into
        the second room and turn the sword into a hammer again with the aid
        of the laser. You have enough coins to re-light the laser beam.

        "Concrete tokens"... you mean the stones with the question marks? You
        needn't blow them all up. You can dig through this "?"-wall just by
        knocking these stones with the mouse - in the end, you'll find a way
        through it without using all of the dynamites.

        CU
        Olaf
      • Daniel Normington
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2005
          >There is no hidden hammer! You just have to go all the way back into
          >the second room and turn the sword into a hammer again with the aid
          >of the laser. You have enough coins to re-light the laser beam.

          Thanks for that tip. Still, the sword is handy for the '?' tokens for when a
          warrior token pops up that I have to kill to get past.

          >"Concrete tokens"... you mean the stones with the question marks? You
          >needn't blow them all up. You can dig through this "?"-wall just by
          >knocking these stones with the mouse - in the end, you'll find a way
          >through it without using all of the dynamites.

          I meant the room after that. It's full of those blank grey tokens that look like
          blocks of solid concrete and I need dynamite or the hammer to actually knock
          them out.

        • Olaf Burmeister
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 21, 2005

            >> "Concrete tokens"... you mean the stones with the question marks? You
            >> needn't blow them all up. You can dig through this "?"-wall just by
            >> knocking these stones with the mouse - in the end, you'll find a way
            >> through it without using all of the dynamites.
            >>

            > I meant the room after that. It's full of those blank grey tokens
            > that look like
            > blocks of solid concrete and I need dynamite or the hammer to
            > actually knock
            > them out.

            Yes, you'll definitely need the hammer for that room. There will
            never ever be enough dynamite for blowing up all of these concrete
            stones.

            As you will need the sword to successfully fight the knights in the
            room before, the only way is to have the sword ready in the room with
            the "?" marks and to go all the long way back to the second room with
            the laser in order to rebuild the sword into a hammer.

            CU
            Olaf