WOOT!!! Oxyd wiil be back!!

  • jrsquee
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18, 2005
      Check this out all you Oxyd-lovers: http://www.oxyd-game.com/

      All it says is "Oxyd will be back soon!" and it links to
      dongleware.de! Does this mean the return of Oxyd? Is Dongleware
      picking up where it left off? I don't know, but to me this is AWSOME
      news. Check it out!
    • dongleware
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
        Hmm, I received the replied mail only for moderation.
        Anyway, I couldn't believe it and I still can't.

        Maybe Meinolf Schneider can say sthg about it?

        This announcement sounds interesting:
        "Oxyd® is back!June 2005
        Dongleware, Mad Data and the programmer Jens Duttke revive the
        successful Oxyd® game series with an official Oxyd® extra v2.0
        release next month.

        Oxyd® extra v2.0 will contain the original 30 landscapes of Oxyd®
        extra, plus 10 new single player landscapes and 20 two-player
        landscapes.
        And the best of all : it's a freeware release!

        We will run an Oxyd® extra v2.0 beta test starting June 24th.
        So, if you can't wait until July to get this new Oxyd® release, you
        can sign up for our newsletter and you will be informed immediatly
        when the beta test starts and where to download the beta version."

        Smutty Smurf

        --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "jrsquee" <jrsquee@y...> wrote:
        > Check this out all you Oxyd-lovers: http://www.oxyd-game.com/
        >
        > All it says is "Oxyd will be back soon!" and it links to
        > dongleware.de! Does this mean the return of Oxyd? Is Dongleware
        > picking up where it left off? I don't know, but to me this is AWSOME
        > news. Check it out!
      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
          Thanks for letting us know Squee. I'm looking forward to the beta
          test. Hopefully Oxyd Extra 2 will generate enough interest to merit a
          new full version of Oxyd in the near future.

          --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "jrsquee" <jrsquee@y...> wrote:
          > Check this out all you Oxyd-lovers: http://www.oxyd-game.com/
          >
          > All it says is "Oxyd will be back soon!" and it links to
          > dongleware.de! Does this mean the return of Oxyd? Is Dongleware
          > picking up where it left off? I don't know, but to me this is AWSOME
          > news. Check it out!
        • Metal Snake
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
            Too bad it seems to be Win only :(
            I stillt hope they will port it to OS X though…

            - Christian

            Am 20.06.2005 um 17:44:43 schrieb Jeff:

            > Thanks for letting us know Squee. I'm looking forward to the beta
            > test. Hopefully Oxyd Extra 2 will generate enough interest to merit a
            > new full version of Oxyd in the near future.
            >

            > --- In oxyd@yahoogroups.com, "jrsquee" <jrsquee@y...> wrote:
            >
            >> Check this out all you Oxyd-lovers: http://www.oxyd-game.com/
            >>
            >> All it says is "Oxyd will be back soon!" and it links to
            >> dongleware.de! Does this mean the return of Oxyd? Is Dongleware
            >> picking up where it left off? I don't know, but to me this is AWSOME
            >> news. Check it out!
            >>

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Markus Ewald
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 21, 2005
              Metal Snake schrieb:

              >Too bad it seems to be Win only :(
              >I stillt hope they will port it to OS X though…

              Would be cool if they used SDL, ClanLib or Allegro so it could run on
              almost any platform out there. Oxyd is the kind of game were these
              libraries excel at =)

              >- Christian

              -Markus-
            • stupidahg
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 22, 2005
                From the forum:

                Jens Duttke

                Joined: 27 May 2005
                Location: Germany

                PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote
                hi!

                There are future versions planned. Oxyd extra v2.0 will be just the
                first of
                them. Wink

                To your other thread : We plan to sell future versions of Oxyd, but thanks
                for your offer.

                Currently I can't talk about the detailed plans, but you should keep
                an eye
                on http://www.oxyd-game.com We will update this page frequently with new
                informations.

                Cu, Jens