Oxyd questions - and a few hints

  • Daniel Normington
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hi,

      First of all, my questions:
      I have been through Oxyd and out of 100 have 99 landscapes solved, only 98
      completed.

      The one that is solved (81) is the one where you are jumping the over the abyss
      with springs and using mirrors to deflect the laser into the oxyds. Whatever
      happens, the marble keeps falling off beyond my control, so although I know what
      to do, I can't. To save sanity, I had to skip it, but how do you overcome this
      impossible landscape.

      The other is Landscape 98. There were all those monotonous rooms and the last
      one is a stretch of water and a door needing a disc to open. I have used the
      dynamite and searched everywhere, but am unable to find it. Half the time, the
      explodable blocks in question don't go! Bored with the sameness of the level, I
      skipped this one too. Where is the disc and how do you get it?

      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      * * * *

      Meanwhile, a few hints. You know where you need to use the coins for slots in
      the door maze landscape (I forget the number). I find that to avoid squandering
      the coins by accidentally bumping the slot as you slip past, it is a good tactic
      to juggle the inventory so that only one of the coins is leading in the list,
      after some other item like spare marbles. Also, make sure to spare the 4
      pfennigs coin for the right time, since it lasts longer.

      In addition, Landscape 25 with the big maze. The message mentioned a sketch in
      the Oxyd book. Since I didn't have it, I made my own rough sketch on graph
      paper. It isn't exactly a Rembrandt, but it gives a general idea. I don't know
      if something like this is worth uploading, but if it is how would I do it?

      Every blessing,
      Daniel

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
        Hi Daniel,

        The disc in landscape 98 is in the secret passage at
        the bottom of the 14th room (the 2nd room past the
        "space" room). You'll need the hammer to get past most
        of the stones in the secret passage, TNT to break the
        last few stones that the hammer won't break, and the
        shovel to fill in the holes that the TNT makes. It
        usually takes several TNT blasts to break the last few
        stones where the disc is hidden (just left of the
        place where you found the shovel at the bottom of room
        14).

        I'm not exactly sure what the problem is that you're
        having with landscape 81. There are two islands with
        springs below the starting point of this landscape.
        You don't want to go there. Pick up the spring, then
        the note, then switch back to the spring and jump to
        the island directly below the spot where you picked up
        the note. Pick up the spring, cross the cracked floor
        tile, cross the next cracked floor tile, push the 3
        stones into the abyss, and cross the 2 cracked floor
        tiles. The rest should be self explanatory.

        There is a sketch of Oxyd landscape 25 in the Oxyd
        book, and the book (minus the codes) can be downloaded
        from the files section of the group in the "Documents"
        folder. Also, you can download screenshots of all the
        Oxyd games from

        http://loshawlos.homeip.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Enigma/OxydScreenshots

        Jeff

        --- Daniel Normington <danbuster@...>

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
      • Patrick T. Birkenberg
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
          Hi Jeff,

          I tested your advice - without any success. Maybe, it's because I'm using
          Enigma with the original Oxyd1-datafile, isn't it?

          Greetings by Waldameise

          _____

          wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > First of all, my questions:
          > I have been through Oxyd and out of 100 have 99
          > landscapes solved, only 98
          > completed.
          >
          > The one that is solved (81) is the one where you are
          > jumping the over the abyss
          > with springs and using mirrors to deflect the laser
          > into the oxyds. Whatever
          > happens, the marble keeps falling off beyond my
          > control, so although I know what
          > to do, I can't. To save sanity, I had to skip it,
          > but how do you overcome this
          > impossible landscape.
          >
          > The other is Landscape 98. There were all those
          > monotonous rooms and the last
          > one is a stretch of water and a door needing a disc
          > to open. I have used the
          > dynamite and searched everywhere, but am unable to
          > find it. Half the time, the
          > explodable blocks in question don't go! Bored with
          > the sameness of the level, I
          > skipped this one too. Where is the disc and how do
          > you get it?
          >
          > * * * * * * * * * *
          > * * * * * *
          > * * * *
          >
          > Meanwhile, a few hints. You know where you need to
          > use the coins for slots in
          > the door maze landscape (I forget the number). I
          > find that to avoid squandering
          > the coins by accidentally bumping the slot as you
          > slip past, it is a good tactic
          > to juggle the inventory so that only one of the
          > coins is leading in the list,
          > after some other item like spare marbles. Also, make
          > sure to spare the 4
          > pfennigs coin for the right time, since it lasts
          > longer.
          >
          > In addition, Landscape 25 with the big maze. The
          > message mentioned a sketch in
          > the Oxyd book. Since I didn't have it, I made my own
          > rough sketch on graph
          > paper. It isn't exactly a Rembrandt, but it gives a
          > general idea. I don't know
          > if something like this is worth uploading, but if it
          > is how would I do it?
          >
          > Every blessing,
          > Daniel

          > removed]

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129elq92l/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705053332:HM/EXP=1094326271/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12ilmlatq/*http:/clk.a
          tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1094239871656407>
          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129elq92l/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705053332:HM/EXP=1094326271/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ilmlatq/*http:/clk.a
          tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1094239871656407>

          Get unlimited calls to
          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129elq92l/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705053332:HM/EXP=1094326271/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ilmlatq/*http:/clk.a
          tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1094239871656407>

          U.S./Canada
          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129elq92l/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705053332:HM/EXP=1094326271/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ilmlatq/*http:/clk.a
          tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1094239871656407>

          <http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=10942398
          71656407>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=groups/S=
          :HM/A=2343726/rand=232817766>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
            Hi Waldameise,

            I just did landscape 81 running Oxyd in XP and using
            the .dat file in Enigma v0.90-devel without any
            problems. What problem did you have with it?

            Jeff

            --- "Patrick T. Birkenberg" <waldameise@...>

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Patrick T. Birkenberg
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
              Landscape 98 - not 81! I'm not able to destroy the white stones to get to
              the blue disk. Are you sure you don't have to do something else than using
              the shovel?

              Greetings by Waldameise

              _____

              wrote:

              > Hi Jeff,
              >

              > I tested your advice - without any success. Maybe,
              > it's because I'm using
              > Enigma with the original Oxyd1-datafile, isn't it?
              >

              > Greetings by Waldameise
              >

              > _____

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293l0e6q/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705053332:HM/EXP=1094335491/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12io3cfgq/*http:/clk.a
              tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1094249091038726>
              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293l0e6q/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705053332:HM/EXP=1094335491/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12io3cfgq/*http:/clk.a
              tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1094249091038726>

              Get unlimited calls to
              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293l0e6q/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705053332:HM/EXP=1094335491/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12io3cfgq/*http:/clk.a
              tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1094249091038726>

              U.S./Canada
              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293l0e6q/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705053332:HM/EXP=1094335491/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12io3cfgq/*http:/clk.a
              tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1094249091038726>

              <http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=10942490
              91038726>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=groups/S=
              :HM/A=2343726/rand=551866544>

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Jeff
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
                Ooops, sorry about that. One TNT usually doesn't
                destroy the last few stones. The shovel removes the
                hole that the TNT makes so you can use more TNT at the
                same spot (you probably already know this). Sometimes
                it takes 3 or more TNT's to destroy a stone.
                Occasionally it won't work and you have to start over,
                but multiple TNT's usually work. I'm assuming that's
                the reason the programmers put the shovel in the same
                area.