Re: [owcp] Can I be thrown off WC?

  • Roger Landry
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
      i have ask the DOL/OWCP for any thing that would in prove my appeal writing ,set of rules that were written so i cold read them and understand the terms us by the DOL/OWCP.got noting but a one sheet document telling me the diffrent ways to appeal ,and a disclaimer sheet on the information laws ;Thy do not go out of ther way to help as long as we forgo ton people are here fighting to be giving a fare deal, thy have a good job

      Roger D. Landry
      colbyroger@...
      8565 Sugar Pine Place
      Tomball, TX 77375

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
        I asked and got nothing. I'm part of a group (Abandoned by Peace Corps
        - http://www.abandonedbypeacecorps.org/) that is working to help reform
        the system so that we aren't in this position of knowing nothing. If
        you have questions that you need to be answered, let us know
        (AbandonedByPeaceCorps@...) and eventually we may be able to help.
        -- Felicia

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
          I have seen so many try's to fix the system It is hard for me to fell excited,17 years of no help law people taking money and doing noting .I just sine on with a group in FL see attachment thy claimed to be retired OWCP people and what $125.00 a month to work on my claim.all they did in 7 mounts was send me to a clinic here in Houston called  Federal Work ready who sent a driver to pick me up because i do not drive far and I got a check up ;I had just finished getting 2 evaluations in the same year for the DOL..For this service the billed me $900 i sent a complaint to the BBB but do not think i will see any rebate.
          I found a Federal Lawyer call Alan J. Shapiro  4469 Renaissance Parkway, Warrensville Heights , Ohio 44128. this laywer tells me no mone from me till he wins my claim and he gets 20% and i get 80% I find this a fare agreement.it took m,e 17 years to get some on to fight for me

          Roger D. Landry
          colbyroger@...
          8565 Sugar Pine Place
          Tomball, TX 77375

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
            I thought the group in Florida was probably a scam.

            I don't have a lot of hope that the system will get fixed, but I still
            have to try. -- Felicia

            On 4/30/2012 8:49 AM, Roger Landry wrote:

            > I have seen so many try's to fix the system It is hard for me to fell
            > excited,17 years of no help law people taking money and doing noting .I
            > just sine on with a group in FL see attachment thy claimed to be retired
            > OWCP people and what $125.00 a month to work on my claim.all they did in
            > 7 mounts was send me to a clinic here in Houston called Federal Work
            > ready who sent a driver to pick me up because i do not drive far and I
            > got a check up ;I had just finished getting 2 evaluations in the same
            > year for the DOL..For this service the billed me $900 i sent a complaint
            > to the BBB but do not think i will see any rebate.
            > I found a Federal Lawyer call Alan J. Shapiro 4469 Renaissance Parkway,
            > Warrensville Heights , Ohio 44128. this laywer tells me no mone from me
            > till he wins my claim and he gets 20% and i get 80% I find this a fare
            > agreement.it took m,e 17 years to get some on to fight for me
            >
            > Roger D. Landry
            > colbyroger@...
            > 8565 Sugar Pine Place
            > Tomball, TX 77375

          • riw7124
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
              Thanks for the replies. Looks like it is a murky area. I was never in the Peace Corps but worked for the Dept. of Defense and was a career status employee.

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                you were right cost me $900 to find it out

                Roger D. Landry
                colbyroger@...
                8565 Sugar Pine Place
                Tomball, TX 77375

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                  Never ever ever trust anyone who wants money up front. -- Felicia

                  On 4/30/2012 11:11 AM, Roger Landry wrote:

                  > you were right cost me $900 to find it out
                  >
                  > Roger D. Landry
                  > colbyroger@...
                  > 8565 Sugar Pine Place
                  > Tomball, TX 77375

                • Budgiehawk
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                    All the regulationsand the law are online, and they are in plain language.  Also, the employees at the DOL will answer questions and are usually people of good will.  At very least they will direct you to the regulations and law you want to read.  You may not need an attorney.  You should have been informed of the reason for cutting you off.  If you have recovered, you may well be able to get a federal job, especially in your old agency, if they are hiring.  Remember that you can provide additional medical evidence if you disagree and think you have not recovered
                      In my experience, the evidence of a specialist will override any other.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                      I agree with Felicia.  an attorney who thinks you have a good chance will not require payment up front.  You might see if your union would represent you.
                      ,

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                        Has your workers' comp been stopped already?  What was or is the reason given?  Your appeal rights have a deadline.  Be sure not to miss it.  For what illness or injury have you been compensated?

                        Message 11 of 15 , May 1, 2012
                          no but i was rated 15% and that gave me 8%

                          Roger D. Landry
                          colbyroger@...
                          8565 Sugar Pine Place
                          Tomball, TX 77375

                          Message 12 of 15 , May 1, 2012
                            well i have not found any reg that were clear to understand ,most were one liners
                            and the people at the DOL are not that great ;ask for a few instructions and was told to go on line .If i want to spend a day on line would not be calling them ;ther is not any thing on line i saw that can answer questions i have 'when i send in a appeal why cant the look it over and send it to me with some request to help me get it the way they want it. all they say is ;Did Not meet the burden of proof

                            Roger D. Landry
                            colbyroger@...
                            8565 Sugar Pine Place
                            Tomball, TX 77375

                            Message 13 of 15 , May 1, 2012
                              Roger,
                              Contact Howard Graham for a copy of the rules. He's an RPCV and an attorney and a good guy trying to help all of us.

                              You should email him at: GrahamHL1@...
                              Nancy