Re: [owcp] Can I be thrown off WC?

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
      You should write the Department of Labor for a copy of the rules or the handbook that has the current laws written out so if they kick you off, you have the rules with you to appeal.  I think any decision can be appealed.

      Andy Sterioff

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
        i have ask the DOL/OWCP for any thing that would in prove my appeal writing ,set of rules that were written so i cold read them and understand the terms us by the DOL/OWCP.got noting but a one sheet document telling me the diffrent ways to appeal ,and a disclaimer sheet on the information laws ;Thy do not go out of ther way to help as long as we forgo ton people are here fighting to be giving a fare deal, thy have a good job

        Roger D. Landry
        colbyroger@...
        8565 Sugar Pine Place
        Tomball, TX 77375

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
          I asked and got nothing. I'm part of a group (Abandoned by Peace Corps
          - http://www.abandonedbypeacecorps.org/) that is working to help reform
          the system so that we aren't in this position of knowing nothing. If
          you have questions that you need to be answered, let us know
          (AbandonedByPeaceCorps@...) and eventually we may be able to help.
          -- Felicia

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
            I have seen so many try's to fix the system It is hard for me to fell excited,17 years of no help law people taking money and doing noting .I just sine on with a group in FL see attachment thy claimed to be retired OWCP people and what $125.00 a month to work on my claim.all they did in 7 mounts was send me to a clinic here in Houston called  Federal Work ready who sent a driver to pick me up because i do not drive far and I got a check up ;I had just finished getting 2 evaluations in the same year for the DOL..For this service the billed me $900 i sent a complaint to the BBB but do not think i will see any rebate.
            I found a Federal Lawyer call Alan J. Shapiro  4469 Renaissance Parkway, Warrensville Heights , Ohio 44128. this laywer tells me no mone from me till he wins my claim and he gets 20% and i get 80% I find this a fare agreement.it took m,e 17 years to get some on to fight for me

            Roger D. Landry
            colbyroger@...
            8565 Sugar Pine Place
            Tomball, TX 77375

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
              I thought the group in Florida was probably a scam.

              I don't have a lot of hope that the system will get fixed, but I still
              have to try. -- Felicia

              On 4/30/2012 8:49 AM, Roger Landry wrote:

              > I have seen so many try's to fix the system It is hard for me to fell
              > excited,17 years of no help law people taking money and doing noting .I
              > just sine on with a group in FL see attachment thy claimed to be retired
              > OWCP people and what $125.00 a month to work on my claim.all they did in
              > 7 mounts was send me to a clinic here in Houston called Federal Work
              > ready who sent a driver to pick me up because i do not drive far and I
              > got a check up ;I had just finished getting 2 evaluations in the same
              > year for the DOL..For this service the billed me $900 i sent a complaint
              > to the BBB but do not think i will see any rebate.
              > I found a Federal Lawyer call Alan J. Shapiro 4469 Renaissance Parkway,
              > Warrensville Heights , Ohio 44128. this laywer tells me no mone from me
              > till he wins my claim and he gets 20% and i get 80% I find this a fare
              > agreement.it took m,e 17 years to get some on to fight for me
              >
              > Roger D. Landry
              > colbyroger@...
              > 8565 Sugar Pine Place
              > Tomball, TX 77375

            • riw7124
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                Thanks for the replies. Looks like it is a murky area. I was never in the Peace Corps but worked for the Dept. of Defense and was a career status employee.

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                  you were right cost me $900 to find it out

                  Roger D. Landry
                  colbyroger@...
                  8565 Sugar Pine Place
                  Tomball, TX 77375

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                    Never ever ever trust anyone who wants money up front. -- Felicia

                    On 4/30/2012 11:11 AM, Roger Landry wrote:

                    > you were right cost me $900 to find it out
                    >
                    > Roger D. Landry
                    > colbyroger@...
                    > 8565 Sugar Pine Place
                    > Tomball, TX 77375

                  • Budgiehawk
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                      All the regulationsand the law are online, and they are in plain language.  Also, the employees at the DOL will answer questions and are usually people of good will.  At very least they will direct you to the regulations and law you want to read.  You may not need an attorney.  You should have been informed of the reason for cutting you off.  If you have recovered, you may well be able to get a federal job, especially in your old agency, if they are hiring.  Remember that you can provide additional medical evidence if you disagree and think you have not recovered
                        In my experience, the evidence of a specialist will override any other.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                        I agree with Felicia.  an attorney who thinks you have a good chance will not require payment up front.  You might see if your union would represent you.
                        ,

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 30, 2012
                          Has your workers' comp been stopped already?  What was or is the reason given?  Your appeal rights have a deadline.  Be sure not to miss it.  For what illness or injury have you been compensated?

                          Message 12 of 15 , May 1 7:48 AM
                            no but i was rated 15% and that gave me 8%

                            Roger D. Landry
                            colbyroger@...
                            8565 Sugar Pine Place
                            Tomball, TX 77375

                            Message 13 of 15 , May 1 7:54 AM
                              well i have not found any reg that were clear to understand ,most were one liners
                              and the people at the DOL are not that great ;ask for a few instructions and was told to go on line .If i want to spend a day on line would not be calling them ;ther is not any thing on line i saw that can answer questions i have 'when i send in a appeal why cant the look it over and send it to me with some request to help me get it the way they want it. all they say is ;Did Not meet the burden of proof

                              Roger D. Landry
                              colbyroger@...
                              8565 Sugar Pine Place
                              Tomball, TX 77375

                              Message 14 of 15 , May 1 8:42 PM
                                Roger,
                                Contact Howard Graham for a copy of the rules. He's an RPCV and an attorney and a good guy trying to help all of us.

                                You should email him at: GrahamHL1@...
                                Nancy