Re: [owcp] Thoughts on Helpful Info

  • Budgiehawk
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 8, 2011
      I'm with the American Federation of Government Employees. Although
      representing people in workers' comp is not technically our union's
      responsibility, I couldn't leave the folks without help. SSA
      management is untrained and sometimes unwilling to help.

        krcorwin@... writes:

> [...]

        > supposed to do when I travel?
        >
        > I have put together a list of questions and sent them to the
        > OWCP. I
        > have gotten no response. Perhaps if we all put together a few
        > questions
        > (like "what should I do if no doctor in my area will take my
        > workers'
        > comp as insurance?" or "for volunteers who are so severely mentally
        > disabled that they are unable to complete the FECA application
        > process
        > by themselves, how do they get assistance?"), compile them into
        > a letter
        > and then each of us could send it to our senators. It is one
        > thing for
        > us to ask for someone to be hired to help us. It is another to
        > ask to
        > be told the rules that we are supposed to live by.

      • Budgiehawk
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 10, 2011
          Thank you. I'm happy to help.

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 10, 2011
            For anyone who is interested in contributing questions, please get them
            to me by the end of the month (April 30, 2011). I'll compile them and
            produce a letter that can be sent to congresspeople. -- Felicia