Re: [owcp] 65

  • Budgiehawk
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2011
      Sorry for the delay in replying. We had a household emergency with my
      aged mother-in-law.

      No, you won't be thrown off-- unless the Republicans succeed in getting
      new legislation through.
      Workers' comp will continue as though you were 35. You can file for
      both. However, if you do get Social Security, the part of your Social
      Security benefit that is attributable to your work under FERS will be
      subtracted from your workers' comp. It may not be to your advantage,
      because the workers' comp is exempt from federal income tax. Medicare
      does not hurt anything.

      I'll be turning 65 in a few months and am wondering whether my WC will
      be effected. Will I be thrown off and put on social security?
    • skmackie
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2011
        A relief to hear that. And thanks.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16, 2011